Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Windshield washer bottle relocation after GTM supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Windshield washer bottle relocation after GTM supercharger install

Well I thought i'd post this up for us G37 owners, b/c I doubt this will work on the 370z with how the bumer is. When installing the GTM supercharger kit, you have to remove the factory washer fluid resevoir. The air filters now go in this location. The washer bottle has been relocated to the rear trunk area as an alternative or just dont have a washer bottle. This is not an option for me as the chicago winters I need the bottle. ALSO with me being a convertible, I dont have the space in the trunk. I guess If i never wanted to put the top down ever again. but here is a great solution. SAM sells a relocation bottle and pump and hose. Well I was able to get it to fit by placing it next to the air filters. Dont mind the zip ties b/c this is how its hanging now but I will create a bracket for it when i get time.

First you'll have the resevoir and pump out when installing the supercharger. Remove the pump from the factory resevoir and also the rubber o gasket. Do this also for Sams kit. The factory kit is smaller diameter than SAMS kit, so you will actually combine the two rubber gaskets like so

Then the factory pump will fit into Sam's kit. Now you can use the factory wiring harness. ALso the fluid level can stay disconnected. NOTE" the factory pump will be tough to slide in but it will.

Now you will need to get I think is 1/2 inch flexible pvc piping. and a connector. Let me go into detail about this connector. I got this at ace hardware. It is a screw joint for 1/2 pvc but what you have to worry about is the female threaded and if it will fit ont he bottle. Yes the bottle is not threaded but i put a washer into this screw joint female piece and was able to screw it on. I used pvc cement to glue the flexible hose to this part. YOu may want to use silicone to help create a seal but i was able to screw this on and create a seal. You can try this by filling it up and turning it upside down and see if it leakes WHILE holding the open end closed with yoru hand or a plug. You can see below the work.

It fits in there and the bumper will close over it with no problems.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
That's great but i would secure the bottle better than dangling with zip ties. A full bottle carries a significant amount of weight. I ended up welding a bracket onto my intercooler to mount that bottle. There is a gap on the black plastic piece covering the bumper and I use that as a fill hole.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh yeah> i am definately making a bracket. I just have it there for test to see if it would work in this area. I am in the process of creating a bracket off where the zip ties are started up to to run down to wher ethe bottle is. Notice no to little fluid in there. I can confirm that it works though i did put fluid in there and check for leaks
Old 06-08-2011, 11:11 AM
prescott3656
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good info, i may just go with a heavy dose of rainX.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Mkai0

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Any updates on this Fezzik? How did you end up mounting everything?