Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

LSD on a G37x

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 01:19 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Q60awdSPORT
do you have one? I’ve been debating about getting one or not.
I dont. The plan for me is to swap to a 370z rear at one point. Still researching if the LSD will interfere or how will it interact with the 4 wheel steering since I believe the 4was also uses part of the ABS system.
So there is the possibility that a LSD might trip a 4was light during a turn or something. Hopes are that it doesnt but who knows.

As far as the phantom grip, we had great results in the Honda days and some drifting days too. The problem again is multi, clearences, fluid quality and temp and torque.

Old 01-17-2022, 03:35 PM
Disconnected AW
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chances are what you test drive wont have a good grippy tire.
Hey guys, I have a big question kinda unrelated.

I been looking for aftermarket parts for the g37 sedan and in canada I literally can't find anything. It's been months. We literally only have oem. I'm looking to order aftermarket headlights from a trustworthy website. The sequential ones that are shaped like a Z. Let me know if someone can link me I'll literally spend around 6k there.

Also btw decided to keep the X version.
first of all it's rare and tough to find a RWD model here. Also. I was cutting up lanes the other day and our road conditions are really terrible. I know as a fact I wouldn't be able to do that in a RWD model so yea AWD for safety forsure.
anyways sorry to bug ya. Pls link me a site for dumping my money! Somewhere I can trust!
Super appreciated! 🙂
Old 01-17-2022, 04:20 PM
14Q60awdSPORT
Registered Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Disconnected AW
Hey guys, I have a big question kinda unrelated.

I been looking for aftermarket parts for the g37 sedan and in canada I literally can't find anything. It's been months. We literally only have oem. I'm looking to order aftermarket headlights from a trustworthy website. The sequential ones that are shaped like a Z. Let me know if someone can link me I'll literally spend around 6k there.

Also btw decided to keep the X version.
first of all it's rare and tough to find a RWD model here. Also. I was cutting up lanes the other day and our road conditions are really terrible. I know as a fact I wouldn't be able to do that in a RWD model so yea AWD for safety forsure.
anyways sorry to bug ya. Pls link me a site for dumping my money! Somewhere I can trust!
Super appreciated! 🙂
pretty sure most USA based vendors will ship to Canada, if it blocks you or doesn’t have option, contact customer support or sales and they will most likely do it.

concept z performance
z1motorsports
outcast garage
specialty z
auto talent
MAPerformance
KamiSpeed

ebay and amazon often have parts, especially something like head lights. just double check the vendor on amazon/ebay and reviews.

just a couple of spots to check out.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:33 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Where in Canada are you? If you're close to the border it might be worth using a shipping agency just into the US and having it shipped there.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:24 PM
Disconnected AW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
Where in Canada are you? If you're close to the border it might be worth using a shipping agency just into the US and having it shipped there.
I'm in Ottawa 9hrs from new york.
I'll keep lookin thanks!
You guys are real helpful
Old 01-19-2022, 10:44 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
I'm in Ottawa 9hrs from new york.
I'll keep lookin thanks!
You guys are real helpful
I'd be willing to bet some of the nearer small towns on the US side of the border will have shipping depots you can have stuff shipped to and you then go pick it up and bring it home. Lots of car people here have stuff shipped to Sweet Grass, Montana and do a day trip to get things. ~7 hour round trip can worth it if you can save enough.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:20 AM
Disconnected AW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
I'd be willing to bet some of the nearer small towns on the US side of the border will have shipping depots you can have stuff shipped to and you then go pick it up and bring it home. Lots of car people here have stuff shipped to Sweet Grass, Montana and do a day trip to get things. ~7 hour round trip can worth it if you can save enough.
Turns out 09 g37 sedan aftermarket headlights don't exist. It's impossible to find
Old 02-14-2022, 07:08 PM
14Q60awdSPORT
Registered Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Why the press release say AWD with sport package have VLSD? Didn’t think any awd did?

Old 03-07-2022, 10:09 PM
Disconnected AW
Registered Member

Lsd

pretty sure most USA based vendors will ship to Canada, if it blocks you or doesn’t have option, contact customer support or sales and they will most likely do it.

concept z performance
z1motorsports
outcast garage
specialty z
auto talent
MAPerformance
KamiSpeed

ebay and amazon often have parts, especially something like head lights. just double check the vendor on amazon/ebay and reviews.

just a couple of spots to check out.
Hey guys, that lsd that was recommended to me earlier. Might I trust if you guys tell me it'll be a direct fit on my 09g37x?

I was thinking of picking it.
I know what everyone says but someone recently hit my car and I got 2k insurance money left to buy whatever. And I already make good money to dump into it so I'm basically not even spending a dollar. Money isn't a thing. Even if it's a small small gain. It would be everything to me to do donuts with lsd instead of open diff.

Are you guys sure it's a direct fit?
Old 03-07-2022, 10:14 PM
Disconnected AW
Registered Member

Lsd

Right ok so I see it fits g37 09 sedan. But doesn't specify if the x model AWD is the same fit
Old 03-07-2022, 10:26 PM
Disconnected AW
Registered Member

Can't find any parts

I can't seem to find any aftermarket anything for my g37x sedan.

Only coupes. Only sedans not 09.
do you guys have any idea where I can find a catback for my g37x 09 sedan?
I'm losing my mind I have money and not a single aftermarket part I can get my hands on .....
could you imagine the pain???
Old 03-10-2022, 03:05 AM
Disconnected AW
Registered Member

sooo, would this fit for the rea diff aswell?
The following users liked this post:
The Pope (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 06:45 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
^ Interesting.......

@Disconnected AW can you provide a link to this, please.

Last edited by The Pope; 03-11-2022 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:59 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts

sooo, would this fit for the rea diff aswell?
This is the saving grace for the AWD community.

For the DIY option, many folks have been after this for a while.

For a non forced induction vehicle and one that will spend most of it's time straight I feel like F and R LSD might just be too much. On a boosted setup this will get you as close to a mini GTR as possible. Unsure how the ABS would interact with less slip on a turn.

Upon the research and creation of the my YAW bypass switch I learned from Frank @MotorvateDIY that OPEN DIFFERENTIAL V36/Z33.34 use a BLSD which is a brake controlled LSD or electrical LSD by slowing down the faster wheel so the slipping wheel can be helped which ends in control of both rear tires. He explained that this is why the SLIP light blinks on a drift with the VDC off. That blinking is the car informing the driver that the vehicle is utilizing the ABS to give you "LSD"
It was a bit more confirmed when I installed the YAW bypass on my car I would get more one tire peelers than with just the VDC off.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:24 PM
Bailey37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
I ended up doing the Quaife LSD on my G37x coupe because I plan on tracking very regularly. I would be curious if there was a way to make the 4.08 work on the X as well.

Im looking to do this aswell because i can only do one wheel peels with my stock diff, is there anything i should know about or watch out for? I have a 13' 37x coupe aswell.