Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Probably first STILLEN VQ37 SC install in Russia

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
The blower is a little louder on teh stillen but its not bad.

Good job on the install. Its a great feeling having the car start after working on it that much
Old 02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
Weiboy what exactly happened to yours?
sold it......
Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
RhiNoKiLL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i know, i meant why did u hate it so much
Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
lol i know, i meant why did u hate it so much
i didn't hate it! things just didn't work out for me and i didn't want to risk it any further so decided to just part it out. a very very bad move but i had to before it blows up my engine lol.

btw, let's leave the op's thread alone, you can pm me for more info if you want
Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I wanna go forced induction one day, gotta find out if the 2010 auto tranny can handle it. But i loooove the sound of superchargers, i dont know why gtm uses that really quiet blower, screw that i would want a max loud blower which drowns out my stereo. I like the look of the stillen kit, congradulations!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by Steveo47
I wanna go forced induction one day, gotta find out if the 2010 auto tranny can handle it. But i loooove the sound of superchargers, i dont know why gtm uses that really quiet blower, screw that i would want a max loud blower which drowns out my stereo. I like the look of the stillen kit, congradulations!
quiet blower?????????? have you heard it in person? the Rotrex blowers are pretty loud imo and the Stillen kit is much much quieter than what you think lol. probably the videos made it seem loud. it's actually pretty quiet.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:51 PM
tentura

All installation process in 10min video!

YouTube - Infiniti G37x S/C installation process (20h in 10min)
Old 02-17-2011, 05:38 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
quiet blower?????????? have you heard it in person? the Rotrex blowers are pretty loud imo and the Stillen kit is much much quieter than what you think lol. probably the videos made it seem loud. it's actually pretty quiet.
Weiboy is right, with the hood closed and sitting in the cockpit you can hear the whine but it is not very loud. It does sound good. You won't hear it hardly at all with your stereo on at normal levels. The blowers these days (in both the Stillen and GTM kit) are much quieter than older models but the good thing is that part of the reason they are is because they are so well built IMO.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
cool video.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Amir

so this kit is not intercooled?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by Amir
so this kit is not intercooled?
It's intercooled. Just not the typical type that others will use.

The intercooler is built inside the plenum where coolant is pumped into it and back out to the heat exchanger to cool down the liquid. It is called air to water intercooler. The design was to cool down the charge air at the very last possible second before it enters the engine.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:19 PM
tentura

It's intercooled. Just not the typical type that others will use.
Actually, this is quite common approach.
But one of the problems with this kit seems to be caused by the location of air temperature sensor. It's built in the MAF sensor and measures temperature of the air right after the filter. The right way is to measure temperature of air that is going to the cylinders. So, this sensor should be located after the intercooler. Somewhere near MAP sensor...
Old 02-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by tentura
Actually, this is quite common approach.
But one of the problems with this kit seems to be caused by the location of air temperature sensor. It's built in the MAF sensor and measures temperature of the air right after the filter. The right way is to measure temperature of air that is going to the cylinders. So, this sensor should be located after the intercooler. Somewhere near MAP sensor...
the sensors should be after the blower imo. The ecu is always getting the wrong info because it's reading a lot cooler up front then after it passes the blower the air changed and the ecu just doesn't know how to compensate it. It's confused, I bet you must have minor idle problems, car stalling out and driveability issues. Much more noticeably after you run it hard and hot
Old 02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
tentura

the sensors should be after the blower imo. The ecu is always getting the wrong info because it's reading a lot cooler up front then after it passes the blower the air changed and the ecu just doesn't know how to compensate it.
Not only after the blower but right before injectors/cylinders. Somewhere near MAP sensor that is located on the intake manifold.

I bet you must have minor idle problems, car stalling out and driveability issues. Much more noticeably after you run it hard and hot
No idle problems. No stalling. Yes, I have some problems but I'm sure that I'll resolve it soon.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by tentura
Not only after the blower but right before injectors/cylinders. Somewhere near MAP sensor that is located on the intake manifold.

No idle problems. No stalling. Yes, I have some problems but I'm sure that I'll resolve it soon.
Right, hopefully you get it fixed

Quick Reply: Probably first STILLEN VQ37 SC install in Russia