Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Infiniti engine bay emblem

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tudernos
I am missing the Infiniti emblem on the engine bay cover. Do you guys know where to buy one? What the exact size is? How is it held on the engine cover? Thanks!
Did you try to see if it had popped off and is laying on the bottom engine cover? That cover below if correct doesn't have any holes big enough for the emblem to fall out. It might be down there. Also if someone was to steal it you would probably find some pry marks around whee the emblem sits.

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Writing Infiniti would probably be a pain. The reason I didn't debadge was because I'm scared I won't like it and won't put Infiniti in a straight line.
No it won't. The Letters come on a long adhesive sheet spread out and pre-measured and aligned apart. You only have to draw a (with a grease pen) horizontal line and measure the centering of it and done. Pretty Easy. Just use a grease pen to mark the measurements.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcalibur

No it won't. The Letters come on a long adhesive sheet spread out and pre-measured and aligned apart. You only have to draw a (with a grease pen) horizontal line and measure the centering of it and done. Pretty Easy. Just use a grease pen to mark the measurements.

Oh i see. Hmmm maybe i should consider debadging then.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:12 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
The front grill emblem is a chunky emblem with clips and will not lay flat on the engine cover. The emblem for the engine cover is not sold separate from the cover itself from Infiniti.
Originally Posted by FM37
Luggage Lid, so thats for the trunk.

Here's one for the hood
NEW OEM INFINITI 2008+ G37 COUPE FRONT GRILLE EMBLEM - eBay (item 180602475544 end time Jan-17-11 0832 PST)

Not sure if theres a difference, but get the "front grille emblem" to be safe. Or call Infiniti and ask if theres a difference.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Oh i see. Hmmm maybe i should consider debadging then.
Yep, here is an example for you: Amazon.com: Infiniti G35 JDM 350GT Emblem: Automotive
Old 01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
tudernos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcalibur
Did you try to see if it had popped off and is laying on the bottom engine cover? That cover below if correct doesn't have any holes big enough for the emblem to fall out. It might be down there. Also if someone was to steal it you would probably find some pry marks around whee the emblem sits.

Xcalibur, I did check and it's not there. I know you can't just buy that separately from Infiniti dealership. You have to buy the whole engine cover. I was just wondering if I can find it somewhere online to buy it. Maybe it's the Ebay link that I have posted? But yeah I just want to find one so that I can cover that part up. If anyone knows please let me know! Thank you!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

^^ Yeah man I think you might have to buy the whole engine cover. Buttt.. you could post an AD on this forum to buy a used engine cover from one of the Performance Modders here. There are some that are replacing the cover with carbon fiber covers. They would be your best bet in price.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:49 PM
masterdukill
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to bump this, but did you ever get a solution to your emblem problem?

I believe my dealership split some oil on my cover and it "burned" into the cover a few oil changes back. I didn't mind it much, but now they took it a step further and popped off my engine bay cover emblem. There's no way for me to prove this as I didn't notice the emblem missing right away, and they refuse to replace anything.

Where can I just get a replacement cover + emblem? or anybody have it for sale?
Old 12-19-2013, 12:53 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by masterdukill
Not to bump this, but did you ever get a solution to your emblem problem?

I believe my dealership split some oil on my cover and it "burned" into the cover a few oil changes back. I didn't mind it much, but now they took it a step further and popped off my engine bay cover emblem. There's no way for me to prove this as I didn't notice the emblem missing right away, and they refuse to replace anything.

Where can I just get a replacement cover + emblem? or anybody have it for sale?
I have my OEM engine cover painted blue with the emblem still on it. I bought a carbon fiber engine cover to replace it, so I'd be willing to sell my stock one. It's in perfect condition, minus the paint I put on it. I can send pics if you're interested.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:58 PM
masterdukill
Registered Member

I'm more interested in just the emblem. Would you sell just the emblem? I'm not too interested in getting a non oem color cover. Out of curiosity, where & how much did you get your carbon fiber cover for?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:07 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by masterdukill
I'm more interested in just the emblem. Would you sell just the emblem? I'm not too interested in getting a non oem color cover. Out of curiosity, where & how much did you get your carbon fiber cover for?
I got it "used" from Brainchild's part out for 150 bucks. The emblem is not really easily removable. It has pins that fit into a molded socket.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Devildog37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I talked to OC Infiniti and they do not sell just the emblem, you would have to purchase a whole new engine cover.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Heat

The OEM engine bay emblem is a different size that the rear bumper emblem or the front grill. It is not available for purchase separately. And once you pop it off, you have to glue it back on.

Nguyen, sending PM. I want your OEM one.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:27 AM
johnnyblazes

I lost my emblem too =1
Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 AM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Devildog37
I lost mine too! Is there a thief running around popping off emblems?

But seriously, I don't have one and was wondering the same thing. I don't really want to get into carbon fiber because I know I'll go nuts with it and buy everything.
Yup, someone got mine too and tore up the hood liner too.

I tried finding a replacement emblem on ebay and tried several sizes but none fit perfectly. I ended up finding an "un-used" engine cover on ebay listed at $15.00 and bid on it and won the bid. It was in fact pretty much un-used.

David
Old 02-24-2015, 05:11 PM
skimbrell11
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trunk emblem will NOT fit the engine cover!

Quick Reply: Infiniti engine bay emblem