Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

HELP ! My engine is acting weird (600 mileage only)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
which dealer do you go to? Ive been having bad luck myself lol
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 AM
aexis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This entire thread made me sick especially the turning on engine and finding rodent guts everywhere. I do park my car in a closed garage every night but would that prevent rodents at all? Seems like they would just find a way to get in anyway.

Regardless I have never seen or heard from anyone around here who has had rodent damage so I hope it doesn't start now...
Old 01-05-2011, 06:55 AM
smashhell

Originally Posted by y3chen86
I once had a rodent climb into my engine bay. When I turned on the car, it was shredded to pieces while destroying my timing belt. I opened my hood and saw rodent blood and guts everywhere. Quite disgusting... and it's not uncommon for rodents to climb into the engine bay of cars...
OMG my bitten off wires now seems like nothing compare to that. How are you suppose to clean and repair an engine with crushed rats body parts in it.

Originally Posted by doggyfresh102
which dealer do you go to? Ive been having bad luck myself lol
Actually, I go to Riverside Infiniti. It is suppose to be one of the best dealer in So Cal according to the people on the forum.

Originally Posted by aexis
This entire thread made me sick especially the turning on engine and finding rodent guts everywhere. I do park my car in a closed garage every night but would that prevent rodents at all? Seems like they would just find a way to get in anyway.

Regardless I have never seen or heard from anyone around here who has had rodent damage so I hope it doesn't start now...
I am sorry for making you sick. But it is an actual problem that I have to deal with.

Parking your car in the garage won't prevent rats from climbing in. Your best bet is to place rat traps or rat poison in the garage. That should help prevent the problem.

For people like me who park their car outside though, we are out of luck.

The dealer did told me because of the rain, they had a couple cars before me that came in for rodent damage as well.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 AM
smashhell

Ok, I got my car back from the dealer. Took 3 days but my car is in great condition now.

I have a question though. I never tried this on my G37 before so I don't know if it's suppose to be like this. I was just gonna test out my engine after the repair. So I parked and tried to rev the car. In parked gear I could only get to around 4500k RPM even with my foot all the way to the floor(the exhaust wasn't very loud too). It doesn't do this when the car is moving(rev all the way to redline). Is it suppose to be like this ?

Thank you all very much for your help !
Old 01-07-2011, 10:51 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by smashhell
Ok, I got my car back from the dealer. Took 3 days but my car is in great condition now.

I have a question though. I never tried this on my G37 before so I don't know if it's suppose to be like this. I was just gonna test out my engine after the repair. So I parked and tried to rev the car. In parked gear I could only get to around 4500k RPM even with my foot all the way to the floor(the exhaust wasn't very loud too). It doesn't do this when the car is moving(rev all the way to redline). Is it suppose to be like this ?

Thank you all very much for your help !

Yes, we have a neutral rev limiter.