Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
What'd you end up doing Wei?
Nothing's been done yet but everyone will see soon
Old 01-05-2011, 06:31 PM
advan37

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Meh, they don't care anymore since they already know I'm parting out their kit, the very last time I tried to get this problem resolved with them they told me I will not be getting anymore updates also said the install might be bad or something is wrong with my engine. They told me the only option I have is to bring the car down to them and have them look at it.(fyi, my car been down there twice already)then they go and tell's me that if they find nothing wrong or bad install they gonna charge me for the tear down and time working on it. I've been there twice already and if it was a bad install why or how in the world they did not catch that? I don't get it? So, finally I decided to just let everything go without a fight and sell that POS. I've posted it up over at the370z and there were lot's of interests but when the people that were interested in it goes and call up Stillen trying to ask questions about it and guess what Stillen tells them? Don't buy his kit! it will not fit the Z and tried to use that chance and sell them a new kit instead. I then talked to Kyle about it fitting the Z. He said the only thing that won't fit the Z is some brackets and needs some spacers for the front strut bar. Those dumb sales guy screwed up my potential buyers. That's why I'm so furious now. There was a guy with a G that was really interested in it and was this close to buying it off of me but the guy lives in CA and need's that CARB, so I called up Stillen again and asked about is the CARB transferable or not. They say it might be and the new owner will have to pay for the inspection and tunes from Stillen. That's BS, I bought the CARB kit and whoever I sell it to should be able to get that CARB without questions asked. I think they only want to make more money. Alright enough of this BS. I'm done with them and moving on to *** soon.

For everybody that's getting this kit, just be aware that you may get some detonation when you're heat soaked and to Stillen that's considered normal. Get off the throttle when you hear that. Good luck with it.

sorry to hear this Weiboy718 , after all as you said most companies are only running after money.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by advan37
sorry to hear this Weiboy718 , after all as you said most companies are only running after money.
Oh yeah, I understand that. I was kinda expecting more from a big company like them and they won't let a customer be unhappy with their product. I guess that's not how it works, $$$$$ counts!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
The problem is they shipped out a poor final product to many people. If they do it to one person then everyone is going to want to return the supercharger that bought it. It's a tough spot for them, but they need to man up to it. I say they get rid of their locked tune and let people do a custom tune.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:30 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Fezzik
The problem is they shipped out a poor final product to many people. If they do it to one person then everyone is going to want to return the supercharger that bought it. It's a tough spot for them, but they need to man up to it. I say they get rid of their locked tune and let people do a custom tune.
I agree with you ... And if they were not ready to release a tune or the final product, they shouldn't have jumped the gun, or should at least admit that they released too early () .... Trying other experienced tuners should not void all warranty or CARB certificate if it actually works. There are many other capable tuners and shops in the world.

But another thing that may have been pushing them is that GTM's kit was also coming available... so maybe that's another reason they released the kit before everything was completely up to par. So they wouldn't seem too far behind GTM's S/C.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 PM
toner123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys lets take it easy here. I think this thread is starting to wonder alittle to how hard we can hit stillen. Josh has told me before that if a customer has a problem then they deal with them directly not over a forum. With that I agree with.
Frank
Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
GraphiteG37S

Sorry... Let's bring it back. Hopefully there will be no problems with your kit, but if anything does go wrong I hope Josh and Stillen will take care of you. Maybe you should get that in writing ahead of time. Lol

Hey OP, when do you plan on installing, tuning and having the car completed?

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 01-05-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Sorry... Let's bring it back. Hopefully there will be no problems with your kit, but if anything does go wrong I hope Josh and Stillen will take care of you. Maybe you should get that in writing ahead of time. Lol

Hey Frank, when do you plan on installing, tuning and having the car completed?
his kit is a tuner kit which has no warranty or carb and definately no support from Stillen.

Frank is TT already!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
GraphiteG37S

his kit is a tuner kit which has no warranty or carb and definately no support from Stillen.

Frank is TT already!
Opps... Just realized that Frank isn't the OP. That question was supposed to be for OP. thanks E !
Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Opps... Just realized that Frank isn't the OP. That question was supposed to be for OP. thanks E !
Your funny!

Stay tuned! Stillen will be posting shortly!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
toner123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is me Nissan 370Z Forum - View Profile: toner123
Frank
Old 01-05-2011, 09:29 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This definitely made for an interesting read.

OP, I think you deserve a new thread when your install and tuning process start. lol

Hope it goes well!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Agreed. Create a thread of just the install and progress and hopefully maybe the mods can keep that clean of just that
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Weiboy718

i guess i screwed up the OP's thread lol!

sorry!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh yeah, I understand that. I was kinda expecting more from a big company like them and they won't let a customer be unhappy with their product. I guess that's not how it works, $$$$$ counts!
That's the issue had with stillen. They are too big. You call them and you get a sales man. Their job is to sell you the kit and nothing else. They can only tell you what is on the spec sheet they are given from the "boss".
With GTM you talk to the guy that builds the kit. The guy that dies the research the guy the builds the tunes. The only down side with Sam is that all thus takes alot of his time. I know his wife wishes it did nit lol.

Quick Reply: Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install