Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
You may want to check on that warranty issue. I had planned on doing that as well at fields. This was the only reason I was going to go with stillen BUT if you get the stillen s/c you lose your factory warranty on engine and tranny and gain the warranty from stillen on the engine. (problem is stillen still does not have the warranty process done so if your engine blow you are out of luck). Even if you buy the one at fields.

You are more than welcome to give me a hollar on PM. I'll take you out and show you everything you want to know.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't let that dyno numbers deceive you. Your car won't run right in those hot Chicago days
Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 PM
DmfG37sTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im so shocked that after everything you have said and done wei and with your signature that stillen has not said anything about the issue. Im curious to hear what they have told you either over the phone or via e-mail cause this is downright shocking
Old 01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
Im so shocked that after everything you have said and done wei and with your signature that stillen has not said anything about the issue. Im curious to hear what they have told you either over the phone or via e-mail cause this is downright shocking
Meh, they don't care anymore since they already know I'm parting out their kit, the very last time I tried to get this problem resolved with them they told me I will not be getting anymore updates also said the install might be bad or something is wrong with my engine. They told me the only option I have is to bring the car down to them and have them look at it.(fyi, my car been down there twice already)then they go and tell's me that if they find nothing wrong or bad install they gonna charge me for the tear down and time working on it. I've been there twice already and if it was a bad install why or how in the world they did not catch that? I don't get it? So, finally I decided to just let everything go without a fight and sell that POS. I've posted it up over at the370z and there were lot's of interests but when the people that were interested in it goes and call up Stillen trying to ask questions about it and guess what Stillen tells them? Don't buy his kit! it will not fit the Z and tried to use that chance and sell them a new kit instead. I then talked to Kyle about it fitting the Z. He said the only thing that won't fit the Z is some brackets and needs some spacers for the front strut bar. Those dumb sales guy screwed up my potential buyers. That's why I'm so furious now. There was a guy with a G that was really interested in it and was this close to buying it off of me but the guy lives in CA and need's that CARB, so I called up Stillen again and asked about is the CARB transferable or not. They say it might be and the new owner will have to pay for the inspection and tunes from Stillen. That's BS, I bought the CARB kit and whoever I sell it to should be able to get that CARB without questions asked. I think they only want to make more money. Alright enough of this BS. I'm done with them and moving on to *** soon.

For everybody that's getting this kit, just be aware that you may get some detonation when you're heat soaked and to Stillen that's considered normal. Get off the throttle when you hear that. Good luck with it.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
DmfG37sTT

Well that just sucks. Still doesnt exsplain why stillen doesnt reply or put in their 2 cents. after spending alot of money developing the kit for them to do this is just sad. wish you the best of luck man.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Weiboy718

Well that just sucks. Still doesnt exsplain why stillen doesnt reply or put in their 2 cents. after spending alot of money developing the kit for them to do this is just sad. wish you the best of luck man.
They don't care about The forums.

It's only 20% of where their buyers are from
Old 01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Fezzik

I dont know. I think if Josh posted in the forums about it, it will become a hellfire of flames. I think things are really out of his control. I've talked to Josh who post on here and he's a nice guy. Posting here would only incite "colorful metaphors" and he truely has nothing to back it up.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 PM
DmfG37sTT

Right, but theres a point where you come on the forums and tell everyone the kit didnt come out how they exspected and should go back to developement. I just think there is alot more they can do but they are nowhere to be found. The kit cant fit on a 370z? why? is it really that hard to make it fit? GTM did it. All these things prove stillen should have never of came out with this kit.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:34 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I just find if completely ridiculous the treatment that weiboy is given after being one of their first S/C supporters, not to mention the extra effort he went through, going from San Fran to Stillen twice. And dont forget all the money, time, and effort he put in, he also bought other very expensive components from Stillen, including AP BBK. It's just wrong to treat any customer like that. From what I've read and talked to Weiboy about, he's stood behind the kit and tried to do everything he could to get it to work and never bashed it, until he started getting mistreatment from Stillen first.

Not blaming this on Josh, there's only so much he can do. And he seems like a nice guy... It's just wrong that Stillen has no answers for their supporters or chooses not to release any information about flaws, continuing to sell a kit that does not work as it should. A real company would stand behind their product and not blame it on installs and bad tunes. Do it right or don't do it at all Stillen!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Weiboy718

Right, but theres a point where you come on the forums and tell everyone the kit didnt come out how they exspected and should go back to developement. I just think there is alot more they can do but they are nowhere to be found. The kit cant fit on a 370z? why? is it really that hard to make it fit? GTM did it. All these things prove stillen should have never of came out with this kit.
no, the kit does fit the 370's. Only a few bracket on the heat exchanger, need spacers for the strut bar, maybe the air filter might not fit and the air filter shield is different and that's it. All the major components is the same.

They should go back to the drawing board and perhaps give the early adopters some answers or compensation
Old 01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Fezzik

Well all we can do is hope that stillen is redesigning their s/c and will make a big announcement.... A thin hair of hope
Old 01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by Fezzik
Well all we can do is hope that stillen is redesigning their s/c and will make a big announcement.... A thin hair of hope
Hey, Stillen's kit is perfect! It's too perfect that I have to part way's with it lol!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:03 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Hey, Stillen's kit is perfect! It's too perfect that I have to part way's with it lol!
Or maybe it's just your car! Or the kit just doesn't like you! Lol
Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Or maybe it's just your car! Or the kit just doesn't like you! Lol
We'll find out in about a month! If it is my car then I deserve losing money and if it's not I'll hate them for life.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
What'd you end up doing Wei?

Quick Reply: Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install