Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 12:50 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
With regards to stillen reply via phone. Wth would you expect Josh to say. Of course he will try to say it was Wei causing ****. The real teller is that he will not post that on line. Wei gas posted facts and it is all good. Josh will not post what ge said oversee phone makes me think that it is a lie. We all know sales men are giid at lies.

I have met Josh in person. And he is a nice guy. But he is a salesman pure and simple. Ge will tell you what HW needs to make the sale. But will always make sure he covers his tracks
Old 01-09-2011, 01:23 PM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, been reading trying to catch up so many pages... wish you the best in getting it resolved , GTM FTW.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm already scheduled for The 22md for drop off lol
Old 01-09-2011, 01:34 PM
christian655321

I knew already!!! Thats really the best move, GL
Old 01-09-2011, 01:58 PM
toner123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
No where in my post did I say anyone is mad at Weiboy. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.. Idk.

Actually Frank, you sound a bit mad and defensive....? I hope not.

I'm not choosing sides, but Wei had to drive with this kit and tune.. And from what has been said it's understandable why he's unsatisfied. Pretty annoying trying to climb the San Francisco hills when your car doesn't have the power to get up there or is detonating on you regularly!
I don't know what gave that assumption but what ever. Also for Weiboy to say that I am mad astonishes me because he only talks to me 100 times through out the day. Also for the defensive remark, I must ask why do you say that because I questioned stillen to see what was up with this whole f/s situation? If that is why then go read my post again. Almost through the whole situation with erics car I was there for. I knew everything going on with it because like i said we talk like 100 times a day. Please don't assume what i am feeling or thinking.

Originally Posted by shumby
With regards to stillen reply via phone. Wth would you expect Josh to say. Of course he will try to say it was Wei causing ****. The real teller is that he will not post that on line. Wei gas posted facts and it is all good. Josh will not post what ge said oversee phone makes me think that it is a lie. We all know sales men are giid at lies.

I have met Josh in person. And he is a nice guy. But he is a salesman pure and simple. Ge will tell you what HW needs to make the sale. But will always make sure he covers his tracks
You know I was thinking the same and thats why before I posted it i talked to eric and he confirmed that it was true. All the info I posted was confirmed by eric.
Frank
Old 01-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Weiboy718

Frank, I know you're Not mad. Just messing with you.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
mikelr

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
I'm already scheduled for The 22md for drop off lol
You going stage I or II ??? What other supporting mods?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:39 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by toner123
NO one is mad at him it is just information that was left out that everyonehas the right to know.
Frank
Originally Posted by toner123
I don't know what gave that assumption but what ever. Also for Weiboy to say that I am mad astonishes me because he only talks to me 100 times through out the day. Also for the defensive remark, I must ask why do you say that because I questioned stillen to see what was up with this whole f/s situation? If that is why then go read my post again. Almost through the whole situation with erics car I was there for. I knew everything going on with it because like i said we talk like 100 times a day. Please don't assume what i am feeling or thinking.
Frank
Sorry if I got the wrong impression of you Frank. Both Wei and myself got the impression that you were being a bit defensive or angry for some reason. Could have just been a simple misinterpretation reading your post. Now that it's clear, no hard feelings buddy, not looking to go to war with you.

You posting what Stillen told you is important and necessary information that may have been left out by Eric either by mistake or what have you, sometimes some details slip ones mind when typing. I did ask some questions in one of my previous posts on here as well as the370z, and I hope Stillen will chime in and answer at least some of them...
Old 01-09-2011, 02:47 PM
toner123

Sorry if I got the wrong impression of you Frank. Both Wei and myself got the impression that you were being a bit defensive or angry for some reason. Could have just been a simple misinterpretation reading your post. Now that it's clear, no hard feelings buddy, not looking to go to war with you.

You posting what Stillen told you is important and necessary information that may have been left out by Eric either by mistake or what have you, sometimes some details slip ones mind when typing. I did ask some questions in one of my previous posts on here as well as the370z, and I hope Stillen will chime in and answer at least some of them...
No worries man were cool. I hope they answer your questions also. There good ones that should be addressed.
Frank
Old 01-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by mikelr
You going stage I or II ??? What other supporting mods?
i'm getting stage 1. stage 2 isn't out yet and probably won't be out for awhile.

right now, i have CBE, oil pan spacer, oil cooler and hks camp2 monitoring gauges. thinking if i should get GTM resonated TP's also. still thinking cuz i don't like my car being to loud especially living in CA
Old 01-09-2011, 03:29 PM
4drScreamer

Probably not going to happen although it would be about time for Josh to state something and put this issue out of it's misery! Everyone's ride is different and every circumstance is different. If a custom tune is the solution, then so be it. If the Stillen tunes are crap, then they should fix them and offer updates to those that need them. If you're fed up like Eric is and just had it (which I don't blame him at this point), then seek an alternative like he has. The issues in CA make things that much more difficult for this type of mod and I don't know how Eric is going to get CARB'd with his install, but he will be very happy with his car no matter how you look at this.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:29 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
i'm getting stage 1. stage 2 isn't out yet and probably won't be out for awhile.

right now, i have CBE, oil pan spacer, oil cooler and hks camp2 monitoring gauges. thinking if i should get GTM resonated TP's also. still thinking cuz i don't like my car being to loud especially living in CA
I would go with HFC or TP's, Cause I thought your OEM cats were already starting to disintegrate?

Although you can alway just add them later down the road if you want, and retune the car I guess. You wanna make sure that the HFC or TP will not cause your HKS to become too raspy... I noticed some rasp when I was running Berk HFC's with MXP CBE but no rasp when I had my FI CBE.

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 01-09-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:42 PM
mikelr

I'm running Berks with over 6k on the stage I kit with no issues...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Probably not going to happen although it would be about time for Josh to state something and put this issue out of it's misery! Everyone's ride is different and every circumstance is different. If a custom tune is the solution, then so be it. If the Stillen tunes are crap, then they should fix them and offer updates to those that need them. If you're fed up like Eric is and just had it (which I don't blame him at this point), then seek an alternative like he has. The issues in CA make things that much more difficult for this type of mod and I don't know how Eric is going to get CARB'd with his install, but he will be very happy with his car no matter how you look at this.
a full custom tune was an option for me at that time or even now but nobody in my area is willing to touch my car with this kit. really, my only option was to stick with their reflash tunes. doesn't matter anymore! i'm ready to move on and forget about this. really didn't mean to turn this into a full Stillen bashing thread. Stillen are nice people, easy to work with and all. too bad that things just didn't work out at the end and came to an end like this.

I would go with the TP's, Cause I thought your OEM cats were already starting to disintegrate?

Although you can alway just add them later down the road if you want, and retune the car I guess.
no dude, i better decide whether i'm getting TP's or not because i do not want to get retuned again.

my exhaust smells really bad in early morning start up's, i'm not too sure whether it's the cat's going bad or what not.

Originally Posted by mikelr
I'm running Berks with over 6k on the stage I kit with no issues...
i learned from other members, they say Hi flow CAT's will eventually fail on SC cars. only a matter of time and i'll decide which ones i'm gonna go with when i get down to GTM
Old 01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
4drScreamer

[QUOTE=Weiboy718;3033926]a full custom tune was an option for me at that time or even now but nobody in my area is willing to touch my car with this kit. really, my only option was to stick with their reflash tunes. doesn't matter anymore! i'm ready to move on and forget about this. really didn't mean to turn this into a full Stillen bashing thread. Stillen are nice people, easy to work with and all. too bad that things just didn't work out at the end and came to an end like this.

to movin on!

GL with GTM! Looking forward to hearing how it all turns out.

Quick Reply: Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install