Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you might as well get Test Pipes along with the kit and get it tuned. i've heard the cat's will eventually fail
Old 01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamedog
Rancho Chook-amonga

Lol. Yeah man 15 minutes.

You are in rancho? Oh shiet my sister lives there and I always go work out with my bro in law there. You should come join us since you are in the bodybuilding forum!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't worry boys, I will post everything, the good, the bad and the ugly!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 PM
toner123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted this on the370z.com and I am going to paste it here since this was the start.
Hello everyone and I have some info i would like to post. Not one person on here can call me a Stillen Nut swinger and all this info is unbiased. After hearing about Stillen trying to destroy weiboys for sale I contacted Josh about this. Reason for doing this was because i was upset about something like this and thought it was a ****ty thing for them to do. Well after speaking with Josh according to him that was not the case. I had about a half hour conversation with him and he provided me with a ton of info. So I am going to display this info for all to read and to make there own interpretation of what happen. The reason for stillen not posting this is because thy didn't want to seem like they were attacking weiboy. The reason I am posting is because like anyone else on here I want the truth so people can make there own assumption based off of the facts they were provided. I don't know if i was suppose to post this or if Josh wanted the conversation kept between me and him, so I am practicing my first amendment, so sorry Josh if this was not what was intended.

I addressed the situation to Josh so i am going to go down the line.
Josh told me that the statement of them trying to kill his F/S thread is completely unfair. People have called asking about the kit and if they would recommend if they buy it. Stillen told them to proceed with caution because they did not see the condition of the kit and verify if all the parts to be removed were there. With stillen i have to agree with. How can they tell someone it will be good if they did not see it. They don't know who is removing the kit, things get lost it happens. Also stillen provided eric with a option to send the kit into them to verify that all the parts were there and there present condition. It would cost about a hour of labor. Upon them completing the inspection Josh said he would have no problem on recommending the kit if it is good to go. Also Josh said he would have shipped it to the seller from there with all the parts required to fit it on to the 370 if that is the vehicle the buyer had. According to Josh weiboy denied this and said no body would pay for this. Also when people asked what was needed to make it fit on the Z, Stillen was unsure at first because they never received this request. After finding out they contacted weiboy to let him know the difference between both kits.

Since weiboy corrected about them not selling the parts required for the kit, I will skip that. Seemed to be miscommunication there that was cleared up. Josh also mentioned to me that they never mentioned that they wouldn't provide the new buyer of there kit with support. he was quick to say "we are still on the hook with this kit regardless of who owns it.

Josh also told me about some of the performance issues with weiboys car, but I am not going into that on here because I don't own the kit. I just want to provide the info on there customer service. I just want to make sure that all the info is out there for people to make there own decision
Old 01-09-2011, 12:03 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
To be fair, here is what I posted on the370z, and I don't blame Weiboy one bit for posting about his experience with his Stillen S/C, everyone is entitled to their opinion and when you drop that amount of money on something, you expect it to work as advertised...

I don't understand why this topic had to blow up so much? Weiboy stated his opinions of a S/C kit that he paid for and drove daily. I think he has the right to be unsatisfied with it if it is not running up to par because that is a lot of money to throw away for a modification that I think most people would expect more of. I know I'd be upset if it was happening to me. Again, Wei ordered the CARB kit which was in theory supposed to pass CARB inspection...

Some questions for Stillen:

1. What's going on with the status of the CARB certificate?
2. Is Weiboys S/C issues one of a kind? What I mean by this; is there no one out there running the CARB kit that is having these problems as described by Wei?
3. Is it just too soon to tell? How many CARB kits have really been sold and installed so far to current date?
4. Are any other customers having any issues at all with their CARB, or did R8 tune fix everything for everyone else?
5. Have all other CARB kits out there reached the advertised HP/TQ gains?
6. Anyone else experiencing "Detonation"?

Not taking sides here but I am definitely curious about some of those questions I just posed. So far the only person I've heard about being unsatisfied with his kit is Weiboy, and I have not really seen many people on myG37 who have reviewed or running a Stillen kit besides Whiddles and Weiboy. I'm new here to the370z so I will continue reading through threads here to see how many 370 customer so far have been satisfied with their Stillen kit and what they have to say about it in their reviews.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:06 AM
toner123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
To be fair, here is what I posted on the370z, and I don't blame Weiboy one bit for posting about his experience with his Stillen S/C, everyone is entitled to their opinion and when you drop that amount of money on something, you expect it to work as advertised...

I don't understand why this topic had to blow up so much? Weiboy stated his opinions of a S/C kit that he paid for and drove daily. I think he has the right to be unsatisfied with it if it is not running up to par because that is a lot of money to throw away for a modification that I think most people would expect more of. I know I'd be upset if it was happening to me. Again, Wei ordered the CARB kit which was in theory supposed to pass CARB inspection...

Some questions for Stillen:

1. What's going on with the status of the CARB certificate?
2. Is Weiboys S/C issues one of a kind? What I mean by this; is there no one out there running the CARB kit that is having these problems as described by Wei?
3. Is it just too soon to tell? How many CARB kits have really been sold and installed so far to current date?
4. Are any other customers having any issues at all with their CARB, or did R8 tune fix everything for everyone else?
5. Have all other CARB kits out there reached the advertised HP/TQ gains?
6. Anyone else experiencing "Detonation"?

Not taking sides here but I am definitely curious about some of those questions I just posed. So far the only person I've heard about being unsatisfied with his kit is Weiboy, and I have not really seen many people on myG37 who have reviewed or running a Stillen kit besides Whiddles and Weiboy. I'm new here to the370z so I will continue reading through threads here to see how many 370 customer so far have been satisfied with their Stillen kit and what they have to say about it in their reviews.
NO one is mad at him it is just information that was left out that everyonehas the right to know.
Frank
Old 01-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by toner123
NO one is mad at him it is just information that was left out that everyonehas the right to know.
Frank
you sound a little mad.
RCZ is mad at me hahaha!

i tried to throw out as much info as i can. that just wasn't an option for me nor my buyer. don't forget they're advertisement say's:

Supercharger System for Nissan 370Z / Infiniti G37

most assuming that they will be the same with no different parts.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 AM
GraphiteG37S

Originally Posted by toner123
Frank
No where in my post did I say anyone is mad at Weiboy. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.. Idk.

Actually Frank, you sound a bit mad and defensive....? I hope not.

I'm not choosing sides, but Wei had to drive with this kit and tune.. And from what has been said it's understandable why he's unsatisfied. Pretty annoying trying to climb the San Francisco hills when your car doesn't have the power to get up there or is detonating on you regularly!

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 01-09-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 AM
dal1307

All right fellas, I missed all this compelling conversation because I was watching "Eat, Pray, Love" with my wife. When the movie was over even she said "That was freaking boring, we should have watched a guy flick" HaHaHaHa!!!! Oh well, two hours of my life I will never get back but you gotta keep momma happy!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by dal1307
All right fellas, I missed all this compelling conversation because I was watching "Eat, Pray, Love" with my wife. When the movie was over even she said "That was freaking boring, we should have watched a guy flick" HaHaHaHa!!!! Oh well, two hours of my life I will never get back but you gotta keep momma happy!
nice! keeping the family happy is always the right thing to do.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:39 AM
dal1307

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
nice! keeping the family happy is always the right thing to do.
I know you understand my friend! Gotta keep everything in balance although I would have rather been surfin the threads!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:42 AM
GraphiteG37S

^ HAHAHA... You funny man, I refuse to watch that movie.. Yep, should have watched a guy flick...

I'm at home sick on Saturday night... This sucks, but at least this thread has been entertaining me..
Old 01-09-2011, 01:54 AM
dal1307

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
^ HAHAHA... You funny man, I refuse to watch that movie.. Yep, should have watched a guy flick...

I'm at home sick on Saturday night... This sucks, but at least this thread has been entertaining me..
Don't worry about missing it, you can go to your grave knowing that you didn't miss anything!!!! Just re-read your post, I though you said homesick not at home sick LOL. My bad, so sorry your are sick and not homesick!

Last edited by dal1307; 01-09-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 AM
dal1307

BUMP, GraphiteG37s, See edited post above ^^^
Old 01-09-2011, 02:16 AM
GraphiteG37S

Originally Posted by dal1307
BUMP, GraphiteG37s, See edited post above ^^^
LOL...Got it bud.

Thanks, trying to kick this cold, got sick in Vegas at the beginning of the week. It was cold and rainy over there for New Years!

Quick Reply: Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install