Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:36 PM
PictureMeRolin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
you really have no idea buddy! I was calm, patience and never even thought that I would be making these posts here till recently I find out how these guys really are. It'll be hard to let go after losing a few grand on a POS kit.

I'll be sure to stop anyone that is interested in their from buying it particularly in the G37 community!
Is that why you put it up for sale in the private classifieds on this site? I thought it was funny that just about everyone knew you had problems with the kit but nobody said a damn thing in the for sale thread except me...

I understand most of you guys are all internet buddies but putting it up for sale in this forum without full disclosure of all the problems was kind of shady in my opinion....

I'll edit this because now i see there is mention of the problems in the for sale thread, but prior to about page 6 on that thread it was in like-new condition with "no problems".

Last edited by PictureMeRolin; 01-07-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by PictureMeRolin
Is that why you put it up for sale in the private classifieds on this site? I thought it was funny that just about everyone knew you had problems with the kit but nobody said a damn thing in the for sale thread except me...

I understand most of you guys are all internet buddies but putting it up for sale in this forum without full disclosure of all the problems was kind of shady in my opinion....

I'll edit this because now i see there is mention of the problems in the for sale thread, but prior to about page 6 on that thread it was in like-new condition with "no problems".

I didn't think it was shady in the least bit. Just about everyone on these forums who is actually serious about FI understood what was going on in Weiboys situation. I don't personally believe there's any problems with the kit as many people have already made clear in the past. It's stillens tune that is cause problems and stillens tune is required on the kit in order for him to get a CARB sticker if it ever passes. There is no point in Wei keeping this kit and custom tuning it to run proper to drive in fear of being pulled over in the state of CA by police, to have to rip it out of his vehicle because it is not CARB approved. That's a big investment to have to remove. There are plenty of people running custom tunes with stillen components and they're fine.. But other states don't require smog and CARB. Stillen promised a kit that will be CARB approved and that didn't happens.

You've got some reading to do. There's plenty of threads out there describing Weis problems. I think its more software than hardware related. Anyone serious about buying something like this should do their HW. IMO nothing has been hidden, it doesn't have to be posted in the FS section too. But he did mention that the kit is great for those looking to run a "custom" tune because the CARB certificate is nontransferable from stillen.

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 01-07-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you making it sound like I'm tryin to scam members here. I tried my best to explain what was the problem and why I'm selling it over pm messages. Everybody knows I was having tuning issues and that's the reason why I'm selling it as a tuner kit although I bought it as a CARB kit. The reason for that is nobody should use Stillen's crap tunes that'll cause problems. Didn't I explain this to you already through pm. I told you There were problems with the tunes but the kit is in good working order. What else you want to know?

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
I didn't think it was shady in the least bit. Just about everyone on these forums who is actually serious about FI understood what was going on in Weiboys situation. I don't personally believe there's any problems with the kit as many people have already made clear in the past. It's stillens tune that is cause problems and stillens tune is required on the kit in order for him to get a CARB sticker if it ever passes. There is no point in Wei keeping this kit and custom tuning it to run proper to drive in fear of being pulled over in the state of CA by police, to have to rip it out of his vehicle because it is not CARB approved. That's a big investment to have to remove. There are plenty of people running custom tunes with stillen components and they're fine.. But other states don't require smog and CARB. Stillen promised a kit that will be CARB approved and that didn't happens.

You've got some reading to do. There's plenty of threads out there describing Weis problems. I think its more software than hardware related. Anyone serious about buying something like this should do their HW. IMO nothing has been hidden, it doesn't have to be posted in the FS section too. But he did mention that the kit is great for those looking to run a "custom" tune because the CARB certificate is nontransferable from stillen.
Thanks.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:22 PM
PictureMeRolin

All I know is that if you bought a SC kit that the seller told you was like new and had no problems and then found out the seller had nothing but problems for 6 months prior to the sale you'd probably be a little pissed off whether it was related to the tune, the hardware, the install or whatever is irrelevent.

Furthermore, there's no certainty the problems are related to the tune, the kit, or his car. We may find that out in a month when the GTM kit gets installed, but there's no way to tell right now based on the information we have.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
If he started explaining it on the for sale of it that thread would turn into this type of thread. Its good he kept the discussion in PMs to help keep that thread on topic "as much as possible"
Old 01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Weiboy718

All I know is that if you bought a SC kit that the seller told you was like new and had no problems and then found out the seller had nothing but problems for 6 months prior to the sale you'd probably be a little pissed off whether it was related to the tune, the hardware, the install or whatever is irrelevent.

Furthermore, there's no certainty the problems are related to the tune, the kit, or his car. We may find that out in a month when the GTM kit gets installed, but there's no way to tell right now based on the information we have.
hey, I don't got to prove nothing to you. Why are you so concerned?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:42 PM
GraphiteG37S

I see your side would hate to see another fellow forum member get screwed. But others have this kit and are running fine with custom tunes. Truth be told the CARB tune is not working and cause more harm than good to the motor. We are all anxiously waiting for Weiboys new S/C kit to prove that it was not his cars fault, but either stillens product or just there tune. I'd love someone to buy his kit, run a custom tune and produce crazy numbers! That would be awesome, but Weiboy can't do that cause he wants his kit to be CARB approved. Are you interested in buying his Stillen S/C.. If so I wish you luck with a custom tune!

Originally Posted by Fezzik
If he started explaining it on the for sale of it that thread would turn into this type of thread. Its good he kept the discussion in PMs to help keep that thread on topic "as much as possible"
Exactly!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:44 PM
GraphiteG37S

hey, I don't got to prove nothing to you. Why are you so concerned?
Maybe he's interested in buying it lol.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Weiboy718

Maybe he's interested in buying it lol.
He's more interested in why I'm selling
Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ Haha, sounds like it. But i'm pretty sure WeiBoy ain't the kinda guy who would sell you his stuff without explaining whatever you wanted to know from him.
He's been a straight up guy in this forum, and i believe he didn't want to bad mouth Stillen at first when he had his S/C for sale. But i guess Stillen's got on his nerve when they started to mess with his potential customers. That is probably why he didn't answer most of the questions on the FS, but i am pretyy sure he gets lots of PMs asking him about that. Which he probably would answer. If he was trying to scam, he wouldn't be here writing all these.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 AM
ITOzann

My word to you re-search...... specially if you are trying to go FI
Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Got the call today, dropping her off on Wednesday to start the Install. I will post a link to the new review theread when I start it LOL!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:18 PM
s2ktoEvo

Get a custom tune, you'll be happy. That's all there is to it, good luck and enjoy!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by dal1307
Got the call today, dropping her off on Wednesday to start the Install. I will post a link to the new review theread when I start it LOL!
cool! i'll be sure not to mess it up like this one! one thing you gotta do tho is to state all the goods and bads.

i'm being called a liar now because there were problems that were never heard of by them or anyone else. so, keep note of everything and don't hold nothing back whether it's good, bad just whatever!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:38 PM
GraphiteG37S

Originally Posted by dal1307
Nice! I am eager too hear and read through your review. Make sure you document everything and try to post lots of pics, video, dyno sheets and everything else you think we will want to know about. Eric and myself will keep post whoring this thread, and I may chime in a little in your new thread just to see how it's going and ask questions. (not to take it off topic).

I wish you luck OP and hope you see some great numbers and performance with as little headache as possible! Congrats on your purchase!

cool! i'll be sure not to mess it up like this one! one thing you gotta do tho is to state all the goods and bads.

i'm being called a liar now because there were problems that were never heard of by them or anyone else. so, keep note of everything and don't hold nothing back whether it's good, bad just whatever!
Like Eric said, don't hold anything back. Make sure you post up all the goods and the bads. Whether you love it or hate it, it's your S/C and your opinion matters about it to other people who may be interested in going the same route you did. I'm sure you read Erics original S/C review! Even post what could have been done differently and why. Make sure to include any supporting mods that come into play. Hopefuy the shop is local to you and can stop by often to see the build process through. GL OP!

Quick Reply: Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install