Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by toner123
I feel there is no need for them to reply. The kit didn't work for you. They said what they think is right and you said what you had to say. Now it is a he said she said and people interested in there kits need to do research and make a decision for them selfs on what they think is the truth. I know you provided facts to support your argument and that is what was needed. I am neither against stillen nor for them. If I was in the market for a s/c I know which one I would buy after reading everything but since I am not that I will keep my opinion to my self. I think the part that drove weiboy over the edge was the lack of support stillen was giving when he was trying to sell his kit. Also stillen told protential buyers that called them they were better off not buying weiboys and to buy a new one from them. This Kyle I want to know why would your company do that? He was calm and discrete not bad mouthing or anything really just wanted to sell the kit since it wasn't working for him? I say your company because you are directly responsible for the workers you have on pay role. Please can you share with us on hy they did this. Maybe your point of view on this will help clarify because to be honest I think that is a ****ty way to do a customer. Thanks
Frank
thanks to them otherwise it would've been sold already! right now i'm taking a huge hit! the kit is only sold for $3500 shipped! for the people that's considering this kit, don't even think about it. reselling value sucks and power isn't even putting out what they advertised and yet still selling the same price even tho they know it'll never make those numbers unless you have access to 93octane fuel, custom tune, all the breathing mods. hell, they never told me i needed 93octane fuel to get their advertised numbers. they got me twisted and still trying to blame it on me or my car just to make them look right/good. whatever, i need to jump into a ice box and chill!

i should post this on the370 too just so they know
Old 01-07-2011, 12:42 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
thanks to them otherwise it would've been sold already! right now i'm taking a huge hit! the kit is only sold for $3500 shipped! for the people that's considering this kit, don't even think about it. reselling value sucks and power isn't even putting out what they advertised and yet still selling the same price even tho they know it'll never make those numbers unless you have access to 93octane fuel, custom tune, all the breathing mods. hell, they never told me i needed 93octane fuel to get their advertised numbers. they got me twisted and still trying to blame it on me or my car just to make them look right/good. whatever, i need to jump into a ice box and chill!

Their ad on their site quotes 91 octane for 438whp...
Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by mikelr
Their ad on their site quotes 91 octane for 438whp...
yes! that's what i was talking about. they're advertising that and it's false.

should ask them if they ever dyno'ed their supercharged G37. they probably never did cuz they know it makes less than what they have advertised.

missing 30-40whp and 40tq is very significant for the price i paid for this crappy kit.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet mother of.... man you took a huge hit on that kit eric... and you already got the kit on a huge discount

but onto TT!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:55 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes! that's what i was talking about. they're advertising that and it's false.

should ask them if they ever dyno'ed their supercharged G37. they probably never did cuz they know it makes less than what they have advertised.

missing 30-40whp and 40tq is very significant for the price i paid for this crappy kit.

I never liked the Stillen kit compared to the GTM setup purely due to the fact that the torque curve is so much lower, despite the fact that Stillen claims their intake manifold design with "longer runners" increases torque over the stock intake!! Where?? Show me!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by mw09g37
sweet mother of.... man you took a huge hit on that kit eric... and you already got the kit on a huge discount

but onto TT!
i'm getting an SC!

Originally Posted by mikelr
I never liked the Stillen kit compared to the GTM setup purely due to the fact that the torque curve is so much lower, despite the fact that Stillen claims their intake manifold design with "longer runners" increases torque over the stock intake!! Where?? Show me!
that's why i'm merging very soon! should welcome me!

F.U and goodbye Crappy Stillen Supercharger!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wei lemme know when you're at GTM.

We'll meet up and throw back a few haha
Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamedog
Wei lemme know when you're at GTM.

We'll meet up and throw back a few haha
Does that invite extend to me too? First rounds on me!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Weiboy718

You guys should definately come over and see how much fail the Stille kit is
Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 AM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Wei, early gratz on ur new SC.

but lets forget the past, I mean happened what happened.. now let the stillen do their business and you continue ur journey.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 AM
DmfG37sTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmiesG

but lets forget the past, I mean happened what happened.. now let the stillen do their business and you continue ur journey.
Lets get one thing straight. wei will never be able to just let it go and move on. its probably his mission to make sure no one else gets screwed like he did. Spending as much money and as much time to go through so many problems is absolutly not acceptable. I mean for stillen to give him a dyno sheet dated a different day than the date his car was there is just downright shocking. Weiboy I wish you the best of luck and Im sure you will be happy with the results from *** lol
Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Weiboy718

you really have no idea buddy! I was calm, patience and never even thought that I would be making these posts here till recently I find out how these guys really are. It'll be hard to let go after losing a few grand on a POS kit.

I'll be sure to stop anyone that is interested in their from buying it particularly in the G37 community!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are we sure this is not a Stillen employee.

If you are not then wow. Why would he let this go? I think it is a responsibility to let others know when a company screws them over. As well as it is to do the same when they do a good job. Like say. GTM.

Wei keep ip rhe good work. You are contributing to the community and helping others to avoid getting screwed.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Does that invite extend to me too? First rounds on me!
Sure man

As well as anyone else who wants to join haha
Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Sure man

As well as anyone else who wants to join haha
how far are you guys from GTM? Don't mind me looking like a zombie tho from driving all night lol

Quick Reply: Review Stillen SC, Tranny Cooler and Exhaust Install