Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 7speed transmission reprogram

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, Folks, my Day Of Reckoning is coming February 1. At the Dealership, I have a meeting with the Service Manager (Pepe Infiniti - this is the Third Time concerning my complaints filed about the 7AT !!) and a Factory Tech instead of a District Manager via my Infiniti Consumer Affairs complaint. I'm anxious to hear their response and the so called "fix" that has been brandied about this forum.

Infiniti's DM admitted to the existence of the quirkiness/ hesitation of the 7 AT, but only offered an Elite Maintenance contract as a consolation last July 2011. That's NOT GODD ENOUGH, so I filed another complaint in November or so, and due to delays on my part of not being able to meet the Factory Tech sooner, here we are.. As I have posted before, I'm really not counting on much other than some more corporate BS....
Old 01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
qirex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my update: Dealer didn't even recognize issue and refused to reset ECU. They orignaly asked if it was because I drove aggresively and i said no matter what my driving habits, even in residential areas it can't find the appropriate gear and it's driving me nuts. Just got a follow up call with Inifiniti Customer Service HR person and I said I'd be willing to trade for a 6mt coupe because I refuse to let the car shift for me. I'm only 19 months into my 39 month lease ('10 G37xs Sedan) but she said she's sorry and seems genuinely interested in resolving this issue. We'll see! One thing's for sure tho, I hate the way this car drives. Never had a worse transmission.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
OK, Folks, my Day Of Reckoning is coming February 1. At the Dealership, I have a meeting with the Service Manager (Pepe Infiniti - this is the Third Time concerning my complaints filed about the 7AT !!) and a Factory Tech instead of a District Manager via my Infiniti Consumer Affairs complaint. I'm anxious to hear their response and the so called "fix" that has been brandied about this forum.

Infiniti's DM admitted to the existence of the quirkiness/ hesitation of the 7 AT, but only offered an Elite Maintenance contract as a consolation last July 2011. That's NOT GODD ENOUGH, so I filed another complaint in November or so, and due to delays on my part of not being able to meet the Factory Tech sooner, here we are.. As I have posted before, I'm really not counting on much other than some more corporate BS....
Good luck to you.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I test drove a 11xS the other day. It was brand new (like 14 miles on it)..had it for they day. The build date was 6/11. The 7AT basically drove the same as my 09 w/both ITB flashes with one exception. My "flashed" car still "flare" shifts after sitting warm in a parking lot. The 11 didn't do this. But the hesitation/hard downshifts...all still present. Maybe the 12's are different?

I'm either going 370 7AT (which seems to have NONE of the issues the Infiniti guys are posting about), G37 Sedan 6MT or A4 or 328/335. Infiniti was my first choice all along, but the combo of the LOOOONG in the tooth G line AND a quirky 7AT? No thanks.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Dub_37S

OK, Folks, my Day Of Reckoning is coming February 1. At the Dealership, I have a meeting with the Service Manager (Pepe Infiniti - this is the Third Time concerning my complaints filed about the 7AT !!) and a Factory Tech instead of a District Manager via my Infiniti Consumer Affairs complaint.
Could you ask them if they have heard anything about the rumoured removal of the adaptive learning? Thanks.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Almatti, if you can, could you please ask about the brake to gas issue with it taking so long time to respond/jerk!! Best of luck!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:15 PM
HoustonG37

Hello all,

I had a 09 G37 sedan and complained constantly about the transmission flare. After a letter writing campaign (TX Atty Generals Office, NHTSA, Federal Trade Commission, and Better Business Bureau), I finally received a response from Infiniti Consumer Affairs. They eventually sent down 2 engineers to drive the car. After some time and several discussions with them, they were able to replicate the problem. They updated this and that and never could get the problem to go away. After a few months of trying things and failing, THEY GAVE UP. The only thing Infiniti would do was to offer a 100,000 mile warranty on the transmission. By this point, I had had a enough and traded the car in November. I wound up getting a Ford. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd go from an Infiniti to a Ford, but I did. Overall, my experience with Infiniti and their product was terrible. I will never buy one again.

That said, this is my last post here (not that I did much posting but I did do a lot of reading). I wish everyone good luck and hope they're able to fix the problem that so many of us have been/ were complaining about. Take care all!

Houston G37
Old 01-30-2012, 11:43 PM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for your input. I'm sad to see them give up...really makes me wonder if I made the right choice of buying an Infiniti.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
mikelebron

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just starting getting the "Flare" that you guys described... For months I read this and didnt know what it was and was confusing it with the lag... Can I confirm that the flare is it jumps in RPMs before it shifts?

And yes my 2011 has also has the lag no matter what sift mode I am in....

Thank god this POS is leased.. its going back at the end of the lease and will go back to BMW...
Old 02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Almatti

Here's the Results of the Factory Rep Meeting

Ok folks, I finally had my meeting and test drive with the Factory rep (out of the Boston area -I'm in Westchester County, NY). We drove together with my car hooked up to his monitoring equipment. I described the way the car has driven since picking it up June 2010. I told him that I complained about it the next day for I did NOT detect that lagging/ gear hunting behavior on the Test drive. In fact, on the first drive home in June 2010, I felt that "Too High a Gear Torque converter Feeling" immediately. I brought back to the Dealer 2 days later and was told: That's the way they run...Nothing wrong with the car....
I drove with the Tech and was able to replicate the lag once or twice in local 40 mph roads. He admitted that it was picked up on his monitoring digital equipment, and He felt it too!!

Bottomline: Infiniti has a number of Consumer complaints about this. There is NO FIX currently and as others recently stated, Infiniti continues to work on it. He did say that, "there is nothing more the engineer's can do with the software"...The probable fix will be a combination of a New Transmission with new ECU software. Since I had the TSB - IT-075 applied last February which helped very minimally with some hard downshifts 3>2 mostly (The Coasting Issue), that new reflash would NOT permit a reset of the ECU using his connnections to my car from his laptop.

His recommendations for now are this: Drive the car in DS mode for a week in all conditions. The Adaptive Driver Control system will "adjust" to that and should behave somewhat better. If not and my displeasure continues without having to file Lemon Law and Attorney General papers, strong consideration will be given to turn the car in without further obligation to me.

Honestly, as I posted many times earlier, I really didn't expect too much different. The Factory Tech was professional, courteous and knowledgable. He drives a G37X 2012, it too still has some of these lagging issues, but not as bad according to him.

PS: I did tell him that even in DS mode (which is also is Not the Same as my old 07 G35X), I get some lagging, particulalry in Stop and Go scenarios. He said Paddle Shifters will not Help...??
Old 02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Almatti

One more thing: The Factory Tech mentioned that the folks at Infiniti ARE aware of this forum and others.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
i just reset my ECU today. much better. but i don't want to reset it every couple months. at this point, i regret not getting the Lexus GS350.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:38 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't have the issues being described in the thread, but all I can say is hmmmmm...
Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
One more thing: The Factory Tech mentioned that the folks at Infiniti ARE aware of this forum and others.
Nice to know these forums do get some attention from those in the industry.
It really sucks to hear that nothing more can be improved via software, I've pretty much just gotten used to the quirks and overall the drive of the G is pretty good, and love the look of the car so at the end of the day I'm pretty happy w/ the car. Maybe there's still hope for a moderate improvement if they are indeed still trying to improve the performance of the 7AT. I'm a bit curious that maybe they're going to a new AT design in the near future so they're not going to give us w/ the current 7AT dilemma much attention or concern (sure hope not).
Thanks for your updates Almatti, wish you had something better to report
Old 02-02-2012, 12:00 AM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you for the update Almatti. You've done very well!

Quick Reply: G37 7speed transmission reprogram