Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 7speed transmission reprogram

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 PM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GTM lists an auto TCM programming product. Anybody know anything about this?

GTM Motorsports AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION GTM TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM) PROGRAMING
Old 06-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Although I agree with Mudgen that the number of Threads about the 7AT are getting Muddied and wartered down and other erratic Threads are being created i. e. 7 AT.....wtf? I think for the benefit of the unhappy G37 owners out there with the 7AT, the posting should continue. Keep up your complaints to the Dealer Service Managers, maybe Infinti will listen.

I forget if it was Mudgen who said it a few pages back, but this thread's title was about the G37 7AT Reprogram.... I don't know how to perform this - but perhaps all the entries about the 7AT in any of the Threads throughout the Forum, should be reconciled into a new Specific Titled Thread on the 7 AT ofr easier viewing and posting of various experiences...

No car is perfect in every aspect. My 07 G35X was as close to perfection of any car I've had in 42 years of driving. I got Greedy and went for the "next Level" ....for the 2010 G37X - afterall, it's Newer, More Powerful, It's Got to be even Better than the 07 - Not So !!!

The hesitation and lagging has soured the enjoyment of the car IMHO.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 AM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No worries! I had a feeling that's what you meant

Now that I think about it -- I believe my re-flash was in fact in December -- I took my car in for service just yesterday and they confirmed it being early December.. looks like I got the "official" one..

Sorry, not sure why I remember October.

My OTHER issue with the tranny was that it would randomly start hitting the rev limiter at 2500 rpms .. this happened twice, and this could have been very dangerous -- luckily both times were when I was cruising with no one in front of me or behind me, and re starting the car fixed it.

They claimed the Dec re-flash fixed this, and knock on wood, I never experienced this before.

This particular issues has been written up several times with lengthy threads on this board.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got the reflash done this week. It's absolutely perfect. Very different programming. It seems to rev more in the lower gears, so you're always in the power, then has more torque in the midrange which helps prevent unnecessary downshifting just to pass. The change to the coating really helps balance out the car and make it easier to drive. Downshifting with the paddle shifters seems faster, so that's an added benefit. So far I'm sold on it and feel that it appears that a lot of work went into this version that makes the car drive like it always should have from the start.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Silver37: Just checking, do you know that your reflash was the one from the 10-075 TSB? If there's a newer one out there, yours would be the first report I know of. My car was delivered with that rev, and yet I identified with some of the issues that it supposedly fixed.

That said, I also think that at 5500 miles, my car works very well, and I'm not disappointed in the 7AT right now.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:01 AM
thuang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver37: I'm also curious to know what you think about the DS mode after reflash.

I got reflesh early this month. Dealer told me this update was released this year. D mode is smoother and has more torque. However DS mode is obviously less aggressive and is not much different from D mode. I'm wondering whether this is really a newer program or it's just the 10-075 TSB.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:19 AM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thuang
Silver37: I'm also curious to know what you think about the DS mode after reflash.

I got reflesh early this month. Dealer told me this update was released this year. D mode is smoother and has more torque. However DS mode is obviously less aggressive and is not much different from D mode. I'm wondering whether this is really a newer program or it's just the 10-075 TSB.

check your invoice. it should say customer complains... blah blah and then technician did whatever to remedy. should say like applied ITB10-075
Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 AM
thuang

Right after the reflash is done, service advisor did show me the number for this update. I thought it will be described in my invoice. So I didn't try to memorize it. But I'm sure it's not ITB10-075. After I drove home, I found the invoice only mention "verified harsh shift on test drive, found trans update available, performed update ....". No any number is mentioned in my invoice.
I think I 'll double check with dealer on my next oil change.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Silver37
Registered Member

I haven't tried the DS mode yet. The invoice shows the same ITB as yours, so you should have the latest.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:50 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was immediately very impressed right after the re-program, however, as I drove it for a week or two, I did notice it was not "perfect."
Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I was immediately very impressed right after the re-program, however, as I drove it for a week or two, I did notice it was not "perfect."
I agree! After a few days I'm getting some minor flare, but otherwise everything is much improved. The car accelerates much faster and cruise better. Much easier to drive. It also seems quieter.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 AM
manbeing
Registered Member

Can you specify your 'minor flare'?

Originally Posted by Silver37
I agree! After a few days I'm getting some minor flare, but otherwise everything is much improved. The car accelerates much faster and cruise better. Much easier to drive. It also seems quieter.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Silver37
Registered Member

Under light throttle upshifts, the transmission slightly over revs before hitting the next gear. It's much improved in this version, but still there ocassionally.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Update : Many of you have seen my many posts complaining about the 7AT's quirkiness.... I know, I'm sick of it Too !!

From reading through many of the threads and member posts, it seems that the Paddle Shifters gives you a difference, since they can be used instanteously for quick downshifts in D mode or DS mode and then return to the mode selected and help avoid some of the h e s i t a t i o n....which I can't stand. I have not been able to obtain Infiniti of North America' s final response to me that was promised. So I am appelaing to my Dealer to forward my complaints and reference to adding the Paddle Shifters to my car - Gratis.. I do want to see what they llok like installed on the steering wheel. I will visit them and look at a Sport Model with the Shifters. Our 2010 Subbie Legacy with a 2.5 engine - CVT tranny - has them and they respond very well and are useful. I like the way the paddles can be used to gear down quickly and then she returns within a few seconds to the D auto mode. They are the only means of shifting in the Manual mode - no shifting can be done at the floor console?? But a CVT is not the same as traditional multi-gear tranny.
The Subbie btw, is an excellent car for the $$$: AWD, rated & achieving 23/ 31 MPG (very accurate), very good handling, roomier than the G, but its' not a $40K car like the G
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting that the paddles on the CVT Subie are responsive. I was a dyed in the wool Legacy GT enthusiast ('05, '08) until they decided to stop putting an auto in the turbo models. But the paddles were so slow to shift that I didn't bother with them, the 5EAT shifted better on its own.

The previous generation Legacy GT was no $40K car, to be sure, but I always relished the notion that I was just a smidgen off BMW 330 performance for many thousands left. They abandoned this old arthritic guy who can't handle a clutch in rush hour traffic any more, and it's my gain. I've come to really like the 7AT, quirks and all. As I've said before, yours doesn't seem to work the way it's supposed to, and I do hope you get some relief from Infiniti.

Quick Reply: G37 7speed transmission reprogram