Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 7speed transmission reprogram

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 02:11 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i took my car to the dealer last night and told them about the harsh down shift.
they called today saying they don't have the update software yet and have me to check back in a few weeks.

the 2010 loaner i got from them drives smoother than my 2009.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya
i took my car to the dealer last night and told them about the harsh down shift.
they called today saying they don't have the update software yet and have me to check back in a few weeks.

the 2010 loaner i got from them drives smoother than my 2009.

Bull....Go to another dealer. But be sure to check your VIN for 2009 cars.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:11 PM
kanariya

any reputable dealers you guys recommend around nyc area?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Almatti

I advocate Pepe Infiniti - White Plains, NY (Westchester).... Very Nice Service people.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 PM
kanariya

thanks for the recommendation, but it's more than an hour drive from brooklyn.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Almatti

thanks for the recommendation, but it's more than an hour drive from brooklyn.
LOL.....Everything is an hour's drive from Brooklyn !!!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 AM
allagaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any reputable dealers you guys recommend around nyc area?
I've been pleased with Infiniti of Massapegua. Had my tranny reflashed there. Very accommodating.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:08 PM
wpmcnamara

To those who have been having problems getting their car out of park, today I learned something. I had it happen twice today and I was in a hurry both times. The second time I stopped to think for a moment. I had already figured out that releasing the catch on the shifter and repressing would let me take it out of park like normal. The second time it happened I caught a break and noticed something.

I had been in a hurry, grabbed the shifter, and pulled the release as I hit the brake. This is key. It turns out that if you depress the release on the shifter before you press on the brake, it will not release the shift lock pin when you do press the brake. For the shift lock to be release, and hence to get your car out of park, you must depress the brake, then engage the release on the shifter. Otherwise the shifter isn't going anywhere.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Steprudd

I've had the reprograming (ITB10-075) done a month ago. Ran better for a week or so, then back with the problems...seems worse now. Dealer tells me that it is because of the type of driving I do...mix of highway and traffic. They say the transmission is adapting to the type of driving I do. I cannot accept this as an answer.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:51 AM
mag37x

I had the same result. Had the reprog done 3000 miles ago...it lasted about a week. There is something wrong between the gas pedal sensors, the tranny...maybe torque converter?? The "learning" is bunch of c%^&. I am taking the car in again becuase the lag and searching for gears is intolerable. You should be able to put the car in "D" and go. I should have never traded by 2008 G35X. I want to get rid of he 2010 G37X sooooo bad. I am open to any suggestions to make this better
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 AM
mycoplasma

I just joined myG37. I was thinking about getting a G37 coupe with the autotran but after reading about the tranny issues here and on other sites I'm going to pass on the car. I love the looks of the car but I'm not going to shell out $ if I'll be running back to the dealer for "fixes" that really don't seem to solve the problem. Maybe I'll wait a year and by then Infiniti will have had time for a permanent solution.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have not had the reflash but i can say this. after my wife has been driving the car for a day or 2 i can immediately tell a difference the way the transmission is reacting when i drive it. it gets all laggy and jumpy for a couple of days then all of a sudden it is almost perfect. the only problem i have with it is on the highway and i hit the gas to accelerate hard. there is a extremely long wait for it to shift but the fix for this is to put it in DS. when i have it in DS i never experience any lag.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Almatti

Originally Posted by Steprudd
I've had the reprograming (ITB10-075) done a month ago. Ran better for a week or so, then back with the problems...seems worse now. Dealer tells me that it is because of the type of driving I do...mix of highway and traffic. They say the transmission is adapting to the type of driving I do. I cannot accept this as an answer.

Steprudd, get used to it.....That is the Answer. Read my posts here and on the other thread about the results of the reprogramming. The Service Manager who paid personal attention to me per my requests and per my grievances I submitted to Infiniti of NA, - read what I posted of his responses. You will find that it Does adapt to your driving habits... But I have found out most recently that the outside Temps are definetely affecting the behavior. Still quirky, but better driveability. Vary the throttle as you drive, a little harder and then softer, try to "coast" less (where you just leave your foot in the same position on the throttle), drive 'er Harder for awhile, you shoul feel a difference. Not perfect. But better.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Almatti

cvroom, see my post to Steprudd. Follow that mode - see what happens...
Old 04-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Almatti

I wouldn't rely solely on this thread and on these comments. Yes, the 7AT is quirky and has it's faults, but I have driven other cars with 6 ATs - they have quirkiness and lagging too. I have an associate who has a Lincoln MKS- with a 7AT, he tends to experience very similiar results.

Take you Coupe with the Auto Tranny, for a good long test drive, put it thru the paces, and see if that is acceptable to you Before Canning this choice. Other than some of this 7AT issues, my car has ben trouble free, handles spectacularly, and is stil Rated the No. Personl Sports Sedan / Coupe on the Market: Consumers reports, Automobile Mag, etc...

Quick Reply: G37 7speed transmission reprogram