Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 7speed transmission reprogram

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Kaykoose
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mjnoles1
Was the software you received a month ago the latest at that time, and Infiniti just came out with another update within a month since you received the last one, which you received last week?
I think you read my post wrong haha, but maybe my wording could have been better... I got my transmission fluid flushed/replaced.

I would imagine I got the same software update as everyone else.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Gupli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mjnoles1
Was the software you received a month ago the latest at that time, and Infiniti just came out with another update within a month since you received the last one, which you received last week?
If you don't mind, what is this new TSB release on G37? I bought a used 2011 G37 coupe, would love to visit the dealer to see if it has the newest updates... The transmission is definitely not smooth.. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2017, 11:47 PM
microstar22

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had this done today at the Infiniti Dealership in Mechanicsburg, PA. They charged me $178 stating that it was a longer process as the ECM and TCM had to be flashed. On the work order it seemed to indicate that they did both ITB12-027d (which was what I brought it in for).but that ITB12-026d was also completed..which doesn't make sense as it does not pertain to my 09 G37X sedan.

The car does seem to shift fluidly, but I can't say I have yet noticed any difference.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:35 PM
tank99
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by microstar22
I had this done today at the Infiniti Dealership in Mechanicsburg, PA. They charged me $178 stating that it was a longer process as the ECM and TCM had to be flashed. On the work order it seemed to indicate that they did both ITB12-027d (which was what I brought it in for).but that ITB12-026d was also completed..which doesn't make sense as it does not pertain to my 09 G37X sedan.

The car does seem to shift fluidly, but I can't say I have yet noticed any difference.
I called them (Mechanicsburg) on Thursday and they had no idea what I was talking about...said I needed to come in and they would run diagnostic first. Nope, thanks. I'm checking with J.B.A infiniti near Baltimore tomorrow. I'm still amazed 2 ppl from the service department had never heard of a transmission update. I didn't have the tsb number, maybe that would have helped?
Old 05-08-2017, 06:29 AM
microstar22

I think it helps to have that info. I think the Infiniti of Mechanicsburg is a really nice place... not sure about Baltimore
Old 05-08-2017, 07:37 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
J.B.A. has really solid reviews and is cheaper due to the location. Compared to the dealership by my job it's anywhere from $20-40 cheaper for the same services. Have the TSB number ready and your VIN. They can pull your VIN to see if the service was done. I did the same thing as yourself and the dealership started sketching me out with the bring it in for a "diagnostics test" line.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:20 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
J.B.A. has really solid reviews and is cheaper due to the location. Compared to the dealership by my job it's anywhere from $20-40 cheaper for the same services. Have the TSB number ready and your VIN. They can pull your VIN to see if the service was done. I did the same thing as yourself and the dealership started sketching me out with the bring it in for a "diagnostics test" line.
Hmm, I live near JBA and I've been on the fence about getting this done. Did you get yours done there?
Old 05-08-2017, 01:07 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Nope, I went to Jim Coleman in Bethesda. Wanted to go to JBA but Coleman was less than a mile from my job so it made more sense to take it there.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:00 PM
tank99
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll call JBA and have the info ready to talk to them about it. Jim Coleman is my 3rd choice, almost bought a '10 XS from them but it sold the morning I was going to see it.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:11 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

They aren't awful but they started off strong and fell off on my third encounter. First time for the trans flush my car was ready before lunch. Awesome. They then alerted me to my Cats falling apart and they'd replace them under warranty. Terrific. Car went in, had work done on a Friday and when I left I was overheating. Took it back thinking something stupid wasn't plugged in or something. Nope - broke my radiator fan. Needed a new one. Expected to be in Mon or Tuesday. They paid for repair, after a little resistance, and gave me a Q60 to beat over the weekend. Fun while it lasted. Finally got my car back Tuesday and everything seemed cool (no pun intended). Noticed my hyper blink was back from my LED city light install. Popped hood at my house and noticed they pulled the wire away from the resistor as thought someone had yanked or pulled at it. I was able to fix with some snips and heat shrink but still irritated me.

All in all I give them a 3/5 stars.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:46 AM
zcorepro777
Registered Member

New to the forum. Already posted on another thread but the most recent post is 4 years old so I thought posting here might be more effective. Just recently purchased a 2013 G37x with 29k miles. I think I'm picking up on some of the things you guys have been talking about. The main thing that I've noticed is what was referred to in the other thread as "flare". When accelerating normally from a stop there is a noticeable blip in RPMs directly after shifting. Maybe 200-300RPMS. It's not only noticeable when watching the tach but you can feel it too. Any suggestions on how to take care of the issue? Should I contact my local dealership? If so what questions should I ask them? I've never been there nor have I ever dealt with their service department before.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:11 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

That harshness from a stop is called tip in and is common with the VQ and VVEL system (Credit:/u/ Victory).

The harshness and jerkiness is just the characteristics of the transmission but have you tried resetting the ECU? I'd try that and let the car learn how you drive. Might help?

You can scroll through here for the name of the TSB # but that's the number you're going to reference when you call...."High, I'm interested in the reflash offered with TSB #...Can you check my VIN and see if that flash has already been applied?" Give them the VIN and they'll check. Will cost about an Hr of labor for it to be applied.

With that said, it's my understanding that the TSB is only for pre 2012 models. You should also be aware, some members have reported their car being neutered after the flash in it's 'sportiness'. This is why I'm not even messing with it and will have it played with when I get a tune.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:19 PM
zcorepro777
Registered Member

Thanks for the help. Here's the video of the tach. You can see it for the first time at about 11 seconds and then again around 19. Any ideas?

Old 09-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Carlos

Originally Posted by shakspereg37x
I have a 2012 G37x auto 47k miles on her. Anyone experiencing a clunk or "like hitting a pothole for a split second" or, one guy described it perfectly as, "if for a split second the car hits a brick wall". Also, a "thud" feel happens. But both descriptions accompany a split sec loss of power at the same moment. So im not sure it can be suspension related. It is so fast its really hard to explain. I noticed it 2 times while my girl was driving this morning, once accelerating and once decelerating. I experienced it again the a bit later today but hours later after I started her up and about 5 minutes in, I was accelerating. All times while at stop into an accel. and a low speed decel.
I was driving it the night before in manual mode pretty happily I will say (fast and not really furious, I live in NYC.) I hadnt done that before. Ive had the car for a couple of months and no real shifting issues. Pretty happy. Im just worried about this all of this sudden. Any one?
Im posting here because it sounds close to what im experiencing other than the jolt feeling for a split second. Very hard to explain. Any thoughts before I create my own thread would help!
Thanks!

BRO THE EXACT SAME THING HAS RECENTLY STARTED HAPPENING TO ME! Does anybody have a solution?!
Old 12-13-2017, 09:06 PM
Lucky13S

I just bought a 2012 G37x with 2500 miles so I didn't think it would have these kind of issues but sure enough... the 2nd to 1st gear can be pretty rough and at times it feels like the car doesn't know which gear it should be in. This is especially true while cruising in traffic where I'll constantly find myself below 1k RPM's and have absolutely no power if I go to accelerate.

Can only a dealer preform the update? What's the latest version and is there a way to check what version your car has beforehand? I'm having a shop do some work on my car soon so I'm not sure if they are able to do it for me.

Quick Reply: G37 7speed transmission reprogram