Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Uprev tune done!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Harley'sG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uprev tune done!

Well I finally had the chance to go get my tune done and I'm very impressed with the results! As we know, tuning the car just right is all about the tuner and his/her knowledge. JTran studios here in Houston did this for me and did a fantastic job. It is a top notch shop and John along with his staff are extremely helpful and just great to deal with.

<O</OThe results:<O</O

<O</O
  • No more throttle gradually opening...put your foot into the gas pedal and it's open from the start!<O</O
  • Torque limiter is now off.<O</O
  • Speed limiter is off.<O</O
  • Maps for valet, tuned, and stock are controlled with the cruise control buttons.<O</O
More coming in this review as I need to drive around a little more since it's been mostly wet since I left the shop. Initial thoughts are>>>HOLY CRAP!!!that's worth every penny of $550. The car responds entirely different in that it wants to go as soon as you get into it. I noticed differences when I did both my intake and hfc mods (separately) but nothing like this. An increase of HP and TQ throughout the power band that is just awesome. So, if you're on the fence about Uprev and getting this done get off! Find you a good tuner that knows what he is doing and you will love it. And about that, I did my homework. I read everything that I could find on here and on the other forums. I talked to 3 different shops that are all "reputable" here around Houston. Bottom line, nobody knew as much as JTran. I had one tell me that they have tried on several G37's and get very limited results and basically talked me out of it and another that just didn't really specialize in Nissan's although they have a GTR that they are working on as a project. After talking to John and seeing a couple of good reviews I was confident he could do a good job and get good results without hurting messing up anything.

<O</OSo, if you are in Houston or near it is well worth the time and or drive to go let John do his magic.<O</O
<O</O

Also, looking forward to when Uprev can "crack" everything dealing with the VVEL so that we can enjoy even more benefits without having to spend a ton more in modding.<O</O
<O</O

Ok, I'll let the dyno sheet do the talking now. Top end numbers aren't everything although impressive, it's the gains throughout that is worth it. All mods are in my sig.<O</O
<O</O

Hope this helps!<O</O
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JTran uprev tune.pdf (36.3 KB, 653 views)

Last edited by Harley'sG; 11-15-2010 at 03:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
enzo0706 (05-13-2014)
Old 11-15-2010, 04:57 PM
femiakin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay well I am in MD and I thought about tuning my G...The question is does it viod my factory warranty
Old 11-15-2010, 05:40 PM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Nice man.

Do mustangdyno read higher or lower than dynojet or dynapack? Regardless, the graph looks good. The powerband looks very linear all the way to the top.

Did you do a dyno stock? I wonder how much did you gain from stock
Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice gains but I think that is the most ghetto dyno sheet I've seen. How come they never took it all the way to redline?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Harley'sG

Originally Posted by WARAT
Nice man.

Do mustangdyno read higher or lower than dynojet or dynapack? Regardless, the graph looks good. The powerband looks very linear all the way to the top.

Did you do a dyno stock? I wonder how much did you gain from stock
Mustang dyno's are known for reading lower. Never did a stock dyno run but from what the shop said, most stock G's they see are in the neighborhood of 265 hp...not sure about torque.

Last edited by Harley'sG; 11-15-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Harley'sG

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
Nice gains but I think that is the most ghetto dyno sheet I've seen. How come they never took it all the way to redline?
Not sure what you mean by ghetto but I guess things are more sophisticated up there in OK. Wez jus simple folk here. He raised the rev limiter to 7600 but didn't hit that either. Don't think he wanted to push all the way. Not sure why you would want to anyways...I'm not really interested in the highest number you can put on the dyno sheet but more of what happens in the rest. AFR reads 13 on the tune but that is average and is very steady at 12.5 after about 3500-4000 rpm's.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Harley'sG

Originally Posted by Harley'sG
Mustang dyno's are known for reading lower. Never did a stock dyno run but from what the shop said, most stock G's they see are in the neighborhood of 265 hp...not sure about torque.
Warat, also should've added...I've dynoed on a messed up Mustangdyno and read a lot more with just my CBE. I also dynod on a Dynojet not to long ago and saw 290/229 when it was 103 degrees in the shop. JTran's was recently rebuilt and is now back to it's heartbreaker mode. The cold air Sat morning helped. Would have lost a lot if it was 103 again.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good write up man , enjoy !!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
He meant ghetto dyno sheet cause it looks like a 3rd grader drew it with a sharpie. lol
Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 PM
jwick

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
I went with Jason to get his tune done and he was even nice enough to let me drive her when we got home. I can back up everything he says, it's fantastic!!!

Jason, I do kind of hate you for making me want to void my warranty at 7k.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice tune, my tuner did the same didn't run to redline on the first run as it's only used to get a baseline trend.

It is amazing on how much better the car runs, I'd almost bet you could take a stock G and tune it and see at least 3/4's of these gains. Not to impune these mods just that the stock tune blows.

My little experinence still has me racing the car on the roads to speed limit.. ok, we'll ya above speed limit. A SC or TT would have me dead for sure.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by STOOF
He meant ghetto dyno sheet cause it looks like a 3rd grader drew it with a sharpie. lol
lol, yeah. I was just joking man. I dont see why some shops can't give people quality PDF's or somehthing else of the graphs. All that really matters though is the two lines on it.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice gains!!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 PM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by jwick
I went with Jason to get his tune done and he was even nice enough to let me drive her when we got home. I can back up everything he says, it's fantastic!!!

Jason, I do kind of hate you for making me want to void my warranty at 7k.
That's def good news. I can't wait to put more mods in my car. I actually think the car pulls pretty hard onwards 4k rpm but kinda weak until 3.5k. How does it feel on the lower RPMs after tune?

Also a noob Q, what part of thr warranty will it void?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome! JTran has done some amazing builds!

Quick Reply: Review Uprev tune done!