Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

High RPM shift 1st to 2nd wall

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 04:43 PM
oro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike
Focus on shifting smooth. Speed will come with time and experience naturally.
QFT, the smoother the transitions the faster the times usually, all my fastest times at the track felt like I was slow compared to slower times I ran when I felt like I was driving like I stole it. Moar wheel spin, less accel.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Skilled

i starting to feel something when i shift from 2 to 3 just feel like i'm hitting something metal before i go into gear! but its not locking me out. i might bring mine back or call my dealers and ask them it might be some problem in the future when your warranty is out lol..
Old 11-11-2010, 10:13 PM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Yea 2nd goes in just fine when I'm normally driving at 2.5k shifts. The clutch has to be fully disengaging since I can feel the long dead travel of the pedal before friction point right? Yea I attempt to shift way before you do in that video. I'm thinking a syncro problem may be showing up, and this is why I'm wondering if I should let the dealer take a look at it. I'll take it to get looked at next month now that I know for sure it's not normal to get so much resistance to get into 2nd.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:37 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
pedal is down to the floor (half of it is dead travel anyway).
Sounds like too much freeplay, clutch isn't engaging fully.
You should have someone bleed the clutch fluid system.
Have you checked if the fluid reservoir is full?
Maybe a bad clutch master cylinder/ slave cylinder.

1 to 2 is not forgiving of bad clutch hydraulics, but the rest of the upshifts can almost be done without a clutch.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 AM
oro

Originally Posted by ricbel
Thanks for the replys. Yea 2nd goes in just fine when I'm normally driving at 2.5k shifts. The clutch has to be fully disengaging since I can feel the long dead travel of the pedal before friction point right? Yea I attempt to shift way before you do in that video. I'm thinking a syncro problem may be showing up, and this is why I'm wondering if I should let the dealer take a look at it. I'll take it to get looked at next month now that I know for sure it's not normal to get so much resistance to get into 2nd.
TV Post also brought up some other good points to check into, either way it would be a good idea to have the dealer look at it, especially if you are still under warranty, you can also ask to take a tech with you for a quick drive and show them the problem. That one scored me a new transmission when I had my 350z.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:45 PM
reggah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no racemeniac, you should prob let off the gas to let the other gear angage. And it take a lot of practice to get the timing just right.