Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hypertech Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:13 PM
NYG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypertech Tuner

Just wanted to share my quick experience with Hypertech.

I have a 2008 G37s MT, with Catback, Injen CAI, and Ichiba Y pipes.
I bought the product from Jeep Accessories and Jeep Parts LOWEST PRICES on Jeep Accessories and Jeep Parts (Thanks to one of the members from this forum Ozzypriest for showing me the site); excellent deal, lower price than I have ever found anywhere else. Just type in the Parts Number in the search button and it will come up. Bought it this pass Tuesday and received the product today. Very fast shipping.

I wasn't expecting much from this product, and I was just curious from what other people has been talk about. But after installing it, and taking out the 0-60 throttle restriction, it felt like car was breathing better than ever. I could hear my intake much more now. Before all I hear was the exhaust. Every gear seems to reach higher Rmp a lot quicker with small push of the gas. Acceleration seems better; and car definitely feels a lot smoother. This product makes driving the G even more fun. Ill test it out more tonight, to make sure it wasn't just all in my head. but for now I give this product
Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
you need some test pipes or HFC's
Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 PM
NYG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I'm planning on getting Berks HFC soon.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:41 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
hey - alright! Another hypertech convert. It must be a much better stock tune/map than Cobb's, because I read those Cobb forum discussions all the time and those guys always talked about how they weren't sure they could tell the difference in anything with the stock map. Now, I know Cobb tuning has a lot more to it - software, custom tunes on a dyno where they can load a couple of different tunes on the handheld, but IMO the Hypertech stock map makes a very noticeable difference on the car's get up and go quotient, and my Dynolicious runs are all consistently faster than the stock map by around .3 secs on average - with engine break-in and the hypertech, I went from doing 5.5 and 5.6 0-60s to 5.2s and 5.1s consistently. And I do all my runs with the same settings in the exact same piece of road, starting from the exact same place every time, so I've taken a lot of variables out, and I feel pretty good about my data's internal consistency.

Tell you what else, hot humid weather affects this engine a lot. Much more than my G8's ginormous V8 ever was bothered. The G is loving the 45 degree weather down here at night. And the hypertech tune really makes the car pop around 3k. All in all, with the price from the above sight it is really worth the $$. Everybody says, get an intake and a CBE and then get a dynotune - yes, right, but if you don't have 1500 bucks laying around, this is a really good, far cheaper alternative.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Hopefully they will have an update for the 2010s soon after SEMA is over this weekend. I've been waiting since April. lol
Old 11-07-2010, 01:11 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
WTF is this 0-60 throttle ristriction everyone is talking about on this thing? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Also, has anyone actually done any real comparison before and after dynos with this and not just an iphone app. I have dynolicious and it can be fun but is no where near accurate enough to determine these things.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:13 AM
wakeboardr116

Originally Posted by ozzypriest
hey - alright! Another hypertech convert. It must be a much better stock tune/map than Cobb's, because I read those Cobb forum discussions all the time and those guys always talked about how they weren't sure they could tell the difference in anything with the stock map. Now, I know Cobb tuning has a lot more to it - software, custom tunes on a dyno where they can load a couple of different tunes on the handheld, but IMO the Hypertech stock map makes a very noticeable difference on the car's get up and go quotient, and my Dynolicious runs are all consistently faster than the stock map by around .3 secs on average - with engine break-in and the hypertech, I went from doing 5.5 and 5.6 0-60s to 5.2s and 5.1s consistently. And I do all my runs with the same settings in the exact same piece of road, starting from the exact same place every time, so I've taken a lot of variables out, and I feel pretty good about my data's internal consistency.

Tell you what else, hot humid weather affects this engine a lot. Much more than my G8's ginormous V8 ever was bothered. The G is loving the 45 degree weather down here at night. And the hypertech tune really makes the car pop around 3k. All in all, with the price from the above sight it is really worth the $$. Everybody says, get an intake and a CBE and then get a dynotune - yes, right, but if you don't have 1500 bucks laying around, this is a really good, far cheaper alternative.
Thats your biggest variable right there. Of course you are gonna see better times in weather like that compared to hot humid weather. Temps have an extremely huge factor on this engine. After doing over 30 dyno runs in the past month and monitoring every temp reading and sensor there is, it was amazing to find out how a change in just a few degrees can have a big impact on how this engine wants to run.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:35 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
WTF is this 0-60 throttle ristriction everyone is talking about on this thing? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Also, has anyone actually done any real comparison before and after dynos with this and not just an iphone app. I have dynolicious and it can be fun but is no where near accurate enough to determine these things.
The throttle doesn't open up 100% when you floor it from 0-60mph. The HT lets it.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:38 AM
wakeboardr116

Any more info on how it does this? Is it pretty much the same thing as the blitz throttle controller?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

The Blitz actually intercepts the signal... the HT actually adjusts the parameters in the ECU/Throttle Control Module. It's an actual canned tune while the Blitz is just a hack.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:47 AM
wakeboardr116

Hmm I'll have to call my tuner and see if this is something he can do with Osiris. Looking at their website it looks like it is doable, but I don't remember him saying anything about it.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:51 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

I am pretty sure it's in there somewhere...
Old 11-07-2010, 01:03 AM
wakeboardr116

Yeah I'm sure it is. He might have already gone ahead and adjusted it. I'll call him monday and check though.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:09 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
Yeah I'm sure it is. He might have already gone ahead and adjusted it. I'll call him monday and check though.
Good deal... let us know!

But keep in mind... if you're already tuned with UpRev, you don't need or even want this thing. lol
Old 11-07-2010, 01:14 AM
wakeboardr116

haha I know. It just seems like a lot of people are raving about this thing lately. I wish more people weren't afraid to go to a dyno. I know people say they are hard to find etc. but after searching around I was able to locate like 5 shops with dynos within like a 100 mile radius of me. And its really not that expensive, a lot of the shops usually have 1 day a week where they offer like 2-3 pulls for 50 bucks or so with a/f. If anything it's worth it just to know how your car is running.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Tuner