Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Gtm

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 AM
j37hasag37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gtm

Does anyone have the GTM tt set up?

I got mine done last month. And i been having one slight problem. the car dies randomly. like hitting the throttle and letting go, or just driving down the highway it would just die.
When it occurs i just happen to turn on the car and its smooth sailing from there.
Few times when that happens the car has the WORSE time starting it up.

anybody ever have this problem? Or what the problem might be? cuz i aint getting much help from GTM right now. and its starting to **** me off.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What? Sam@GTM is the most helpful guy ever. Are you running a custom tune or was it a tune that was provided in your kit.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:00 PM
j37hasag37

everything done at GTM. tuned tested all that good stuff only at GTM. no shop but gtm has touched my car engine wise.
yeah he is a helpful guy. but im still having the problem. and nothing has been resolved. i call and never get phone calls returned. its been a month now. i have to keep calling and with nothing ever resolved. it sucks man
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
That is very odd and not like Sam. I know he has Sema this week and is busy, but he's answered my questions when I called.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 PM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is surprising to me, stay on them - what part of the country are you in?

My setup does not have these issues with shutting down - probably needs a checkup to find the issue.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i would just drive over there and have him fix the issue. it could be just a small relay
Old 11-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by j37hasag37
everything done at GTM. tuned tested all that good stuff only at GTM. no shop but gtm has touched my car engine wise.
yeah he is a helpful guy. but im still having the problem. and nothing has been resolved. i call and never get phone calls returned. its been a month now. i have to keep calling and with nothing ever resolved. it sucks man
oh wow, that does sucks! I know how you feel as I had similar issues with a different kit. Luckily they just fixed it for me. Have you considered getting another tune somewhere else? I'm assuming you're not local to him otherwise you would've taken it back.

Are you auto or 6mt?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Fezzik

Does it shutter before shutdown. Possible fuel pump. They can go bad.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Tainui

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember in the beginning mine did stall a few times here and there but it did not continue for any length of time and has not happened in recent memory.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:59 PM
j37hasag37

naw i did live in cali near the shop but now im in texas. first of all i dont want to retune it with other shop because this is GTM's set up. i dont want some guy tampering with it saying this and that and making it worse. plus i talk to sam about it, and he got pissed that i even thought that.

another thing. i left the car with him and he asked for more days to test it and run it and all that and said everything was good to go. until i got it. it died on me.

i asked him a bunch of questions. as to what i could think of. tx has 93 octane levels. while cali has 91 as its highest. he said that shouldnt be a problem.
then i asked what about the temperatures, which shouldnt be a problem right now cuz dallas weather is in its 50's and 60s right now.
i asked what about the elevation levels and all that as pressures are different from cali and tx. again said no problem.

then we checked out alotta things over the phone. see if everything was connected this and that balhblahb. everything checked out.

and the argument or whatever we had on the phone was, which he prolly did not believe a word i said cuz he said im the only person this has happen to, the car would die.

how it happens i could be driving going 40, the car just shuts off. kinda like when u stall out, but without the whole bouncing back and forth motion. or i could be on the highway going 60 and the car again just shuts off. sometimes its a smooth solution of hitting the start button and engines fire back up, or i would have to stop completely and try to start the car again. it has a difficult time starting up at times. oh the power steering goes out. thats when i notice the car is dead. when the steering goes out.

i thought that too. the fuel pump. but they changed it out to a 255 walbro fuel pump. but im starting the second guess that. i still have recieved the email with my dyno from before and after. its been over a month. and i keep telling him. and he keeps saying he will send it after the phone call. but nothing is ever accomplished. and it repeats over and over. and now im turning to this forum to see if anyone else had this problem, and if anyone knows what the solution is.

could it be the damn car battery? i have a mt 08 37s model. any ideas anyone?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Battery would not cause it to shut off while driving.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SAM should come in here and tell us his part of the story.. ARK now GTM???
Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Fezzik

I going to make an assumption that you ahve a boost guage, Does the boost guage fluctuate any before it dies that you have noticed?
Any other symptoms that you have noticed. Maybe hook up the ecu to the compuer and monitor the car for awhile and see what happenes when it does stall out.

Last edited by Fezzik; 11-04-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Weiboy718

That can't be happening! You're 6mt and when it stalled out were you in gear? It shouldn't stall out while cruising unless you're at At or your alternator is dead but it can't be that cuz you're able to start it back up. Even with a bad tune it still won't stall while it gear. Weirdness
Old 11-04-2010, 03:51 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Man I'm starting to hate all the technology and computer intervention in our cars!

Quick Reply: Gtm