Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

400HP Possible N/A?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 11:49 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 735 Likes on 572 Posts
So to update this a bit. There have been a few accounts yielding 400whp however it appears this is only on HR hybrids.

The setup appears to be:
VHR block
Heavy cams
Single exit tomei
Long headers
3 inch intakes and bigger throttles
injectors
M1 fuel

on 93 octane is just not going to happen. Even at higher compressions you might get close however switching to exotic fuels opens the field for more timing and less detonation and or knock.

I suspect the HR hybrid makes this power easier than a VHR by having the ability at full control of cam advance and retard. Ability to dial overlap and adjust these angles on the fly on aftermarket cams appears to prove itself.

On the VHR I believe is a matter of sourcing the right exhaust cams but it it will never have independent cam timing control.

So far it seems like the factory throttles can get you to 350whp just fine, since folks are a bit more comfortable with e85 we are starting to see that ethanol does help only cons are pricing and maintenance. In the turbo infiniti world they are already playing with E30, 60, 98, etc.

At one point you have to disassociate this power vs wanting to have this power on a daily driver, etc. If it's a car that sees weekend use, I suggest start messing with fuels first and then add others as you go. If you are e85 and have a % content sensor you are almost there.
these fuels can get expensive and tuning will be required but the return is there.

400whp can sound cool until you find that you only make this power for 30 or so RPM and the rest is an average of 360-370. Still great however a better balanced car more concentrated on the end of the midrange and beginning of the top end would pull on the latter.