Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

FI Preparation...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
we have the same thing. nothing different other than a ipod input.
That's the thing. I don't have the ipod input next to the AV cables. So its either I plug in the CAMP 2 or the ipod, unless you have another solution I'd like to hear
Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
That's the thing. I don't have the ipod input next to the AV cables. So its either I plug in the CAMP 2 or the ipod, unless you have another solution I'd like to hear
i'm not quite getting what you're trying to do here. okay, we know you don't have the ipod input so that leaves you with only the a/v input correct. all you need for the HKS CAMP 2 to work is those a/v input inside your center console.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:40 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i bought a module that bypassed the nav screen. what it is, is this module comes with a video input and a RGB output to my nav screen. a piggy back. i am not interfering with my car's audio system. i'm only borrowing my nav screen.
Very cool ... please post up which converter you are using and where you got it ... I'd like to redo my setup!

BTW ... are you gonna go with a separate speaker for your limit alarms too? The on board speakers only work in AUX mode so I am still looking for a solution for that as well.

Last edited by terrycs; 05-24-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
i'm not quite getting what you're trying to do here. okay, we know you don't have the ipod input so that leaves you with only the a/v input correct. all you need for the HKS CAMP 2 to work is those a/v input inside your center console.
I'm not worried about hooking up the CAMP2, it's how do i connect my iPod while the CAMP2 is connected. I can't listen to my iPod if the CAMP2 is hooked up...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Very cool ... please post up which converter you are using and where you got it ... I'd like to redo my setup!

BTW ... are you gonna go with a separate speaker for your limit alarms too? The on board speakers only work in AUX mode so I am still looking for a solution for that as well.
yeah, i can't get the alarms to work unless i connect it to the aux input which sucks. i thought about installing a separate speaker with an external tiny amp and speaker just for that. but idk if i really need the audible.
the converter box is nice but it's expensive.

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
I'm not worried about hooking up the CAMP2, it's how do i connect my iPod while the CAMP2 is connected. I can't listen to my iPod if the CAMP2 is hooked up...
you can use a couple splitter cable for that.