Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help cobb or UPrev

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
DCook42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...prev-tune.html

Performance Motorsports, St. James NY (long island) was the closest authorized dealer. Sorry for delay in response.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Don Meshal

deff. Uprev
Old 05-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Hayabusa02

SO, just to ask....IF UpRev lets you load up to 5 maps into the ECU and switch between them with the cruise control, why can't one of those maps be the stock configuration? People have been saying it gets erased, is that because they clear it out to load their top level switching program?

I am torn between CObb and Uprev, but the Valet mode and easy switching is a great idea with the UpRev stuff. I don't plan on loading more than 3 maps in... TUned, Valet, and stock.

I Plan on getting a custom tune because I have a Stillen Exhaus and Gen 3 intake.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Hayabusa02
SO, just to ask....IF UpRev lets you load up to 5 maps into the ECU and switch between them with the cruise control, why can't one of those maps be the stock configuration? People have been saying it gets erased, is that because they clear it out to load their top level switching program?

I am torn between CObb and Uprev, but the Valet mode and easy switching is a great idea with the UpRev stuff. I don't plan on loading more than 3 maps in... TUned, Valet, and stock.

I Plan on getting a custom tune because I have a Stillen Exhaus and Gen 3 intake.
Who said it gets erased, it all depends on the tuner. I have map 1 tuned, and map 5 for valet. Map 2, 3 and 4 are all stock.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Hayabusa02

I must have misread someones post... They might have said their tuner erased it.

Now I just have to find a local place capable of doing a proper tune with The UpRev
Old 05-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Navarro2022

So the COBB u can do yourself?

I'm a noob when it comes to cars, how much HP can u get added with the COBB? Or would it be better to get the aftermarket pipes and then get the Uprev custom?

Is a tune bad for the engine or gas mileage? This is the last noob question I have on the forums. I'm a family man so I have to keep my car running for years...
Old 05-28-2010, 01:04 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by DCook42
Ouch! My tune was under $600, which I think is just what the accessport costs.

Man,,, I paid a lot less than that...

Either way, if youre still deciding I feel however you do it, youve gotta get dyno tuned by a professional tuner, not a DIY off the shelf map.

Dont get me wrong, Im not slamming Cobb cause I was going to buy it first and get professional dyno tuned map done. Wound up going with UPREV after reading a lot of different posts here on the forum. Also because my UPREV tuner is about 10 mins away from my house and gave me a very good deal.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:29 PM
EnfinitI

After much reading of the forums and such I took the plunge and ordered the Uprev Osiris Standard package. I haven't received it yet but I can't wait .

I really like the ability to change maps on the fly and not have to flash them in with the Cobb.

I also like the ability to use the Cipher cable to monitor the car through a USB connection as I am planning on going the CarPC route at a later date. I really didn't want to have to figure out where to mount the Cobb device and have to take it out/in or hide it when I parked my car.

The only problem with Uprev for me is that the closest Uprev tuner is 3 hours away.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:31 AM
EnfinitI

Got my UpRev cable today

All I have to say is wow. The installation and flashing of the ECU was a snap and super quick. It took around 2 minutes to flash my ECU. The Cipher app is freaking sweet, I am amazed at the amount of data you can get from that thing and how fast it is. The ability to switch maps on the fly is just a killer feature. I can't wait to get my CarPC set up so I can get all that info all the time.