Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
He said she said? Sharif admitted that the inexperienced employer fuked up big time and thus was fired from Forged Performance.

"...our shop is no different from many others in that we aren't perfect, and we do make mistakes. The people that worked on this customer's car were terminated long ago, and no longer work here. In fact, we haven't worked on this car for well over a year."

That means those pics Juan posted are in fact evidence of the work that was done on his car by Forged Performance and NOT just a matter of opinion. If what you see in the pics doesn't make you the least bit concern about the work that Forged Performance performs then I really don't know what to say...
Sharif continues to ignore my request for HARD EVIDENCE that the tune did not cause the engine to blow. If he continues to withhold that evidence, I can only conclude that the tune was bad as well.

Everyone has already agreed that the kit was improperly installed, and that the particular employee has been fired. What I am after, addresses the issue of the tune itself. Is the fired employee a scapegoat or are there other factors involved here?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jarborn1
Forged is right down the road from BJ's and he's had a TON of work done there.. His opinion is understood as he has had experience with them in the past and never had anything like this happen to him, so i KINDA understand where he is coming from..

But in any event, the pics really do speak for themselves. Now other stories are coming out as well so maybe BJ was just one of the lucky ones to not have a single issue..
Yes, Forged is close to me. Of all the shops that could do work on my car in Atlanta (and there are MANY), Forged is my #1 choice and will continue to be. I've been a customer of Forged since 2005 when I first got into the G scene. From the very beginning I've researched shops for each purchase / install to be sure I had the most experienced shop working on my car. I've spent a good bit of money at Forged through parts and labor and don't regret a single dollar I've spent. Sharif and the Forged Team has always taken care of me and ensured I was happy and whenever I maybe had a concern he had me bring the car to shop for him to inspect.

Call me crazy, but since I've never had even a hint of a bad experience, it's hard for me to just walk away from a company that has been great to me.

Sharif and Forged Team is a company that I know I can depend. I have no doubt that if after closing time or on a day that they are closed, that if I needed something, Sharif and any of his employees would stop what they were doing in their personal lives to help me out if I was having car issues or something.

I understand somethings may have went wrong with an install or so... No one is denying that, even Sharif himself.

So... Sharif & Forged. Thank you for everything you've done for me in the past and in the future. I'm happy to be part of the Forged Family.

Just stating my experience... I'm sorry if others have had a bad experience with Forged.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Everybody has a reason to defend, bash, be skeptical, or logical about this. Not for all the right reasons or wrong reasons. But some are just more personal than others.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:56 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
Sharif continues to ignore my request for HARD EVIDENCE that the tune did not cause the engine to blow. If he continues to withhold that evidence, I can only conclude that the tune was bad as well.
Mike, can I ask you what your qualifications are to judge whether an engine issue is tuning related?

I posted all of the pictures I can find that speak to the engine. The tear down was done almost 2 years ago now. The physical condition of the engine looks like it has less than 1000 miles on it. Everything was clean. No signs of heat (scuffing on cylinder walls or skirts), HG still has coating on it, and bearings mint.

Regardless, Juan had the choice of a new OEM parts at NO charge, or pay for parts only on a Forged S1 Build. He chose the later.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 PM
WhiteG37S

Wasn't there another thread about this topic about a year ago? It seems to me that if Forged hasn't touched this car in a long time then someone has to be whispering in Juan's ear getting him to post this info again, because to me this is all the same bullsh*t we heard a year ago.

Last edited by WhiteG37S; 04-13-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Hexxum001
FIGHT ON!!!

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Sounds like someone is just jumping on the bandwagon. This is what amazes me the most.
WTF? How am I jumping on the bandwagon? Do you understand what this expression means? Jumping on the bandwagon is like someone who has never liked the Lakers all of a sudden claiming to be the biggest Lakers fan after they won the championship (i.e. bandwagon fan). That's jumping on the bandwagon. And my only point in regards to Sharif and FP is that someone obviously dropped the ball in regards to this G37 when it comes to QC. This vehicle should have never been allowed to leave his shop in that condition. Hopefully they learned from this and something like this will never happen again. Like I said, I personally have nothing against Sharif and FP. They have done a lot of good for the G and Z community. And finally, this is a forum isn't it? I didn't realize I had to be personally involved in this matter to voice my opinion on what everyone (even Sharif) has agreed are facts. This G37 left FP in really bad shape. That is not being disputed.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually you might want to google "jumping on the bandwagon" as your definition is not the only one......I am not saying you jumped or did not jump....just saying the bandwagon passed by.

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
WTF? How am I jumping on the bandwagon? Do you understand what this expression means? Jumping on the bandwagon is like someone who has never liked the Lakers all of a sudden claiming to be the biggest Lakers fan after they won the championship (i.e. bandwagon fan). That's jumping on the bandwagon. And my only point in regards to Sharif and FP is that someone obviously dropped the ball in regards to this G37 when it comes to QC. This vehicle should have never been allowed to leave his shop in that condition. Hopefully they learned from this and something like this will never happen again. Like I said, I personally have nothing against Sharif and FP. They have done a lot of good for the G and Z community. And finally, this is a forum isn't it? I didn't realize I had to be personally involved in this matter to voice my opinion on what everyone (even Sharif) has agreed are facts. This G37 left FP in really bad shape. That is not being disputed.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Hexxum001
FIGHT ON!!!

Originally Posted by HamstersG
Actually you might want to google "jumping on the bandwagon" as your definition is not the only one......I am not saying you jumped or did not jump....just saying the bandwagon passed by.
Ahaha. Wow, you are right. In any case, BJ is still wrong in his assesment of my statement. Thanks for the heads up though. You learn something new everyday.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:29 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Pics speak for themselves ! We are talking about FP right ?? BJ , how can you honestly say those pics are he said she said . If he didnt have those pics I would agree with you and skip this thread . I mean **** .. I have spoken to Sharif about shipping my car out to FP to do a turbo kit . Juan did it first and I am sooooo glad I waited . I live in Oregon and was willing to spend the money . These kind of threads really do help the community . I do recall the last time Juan brought this up FP , Mods and members were slamming this guy and the thread was locked .. How is that fair ?? Could Forged become the next Hennessey ???
Old 04-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Mike, can I ask you what your qualifications are to judge whether an engine issue is tuning related?

I posted all of the pictures I can find that speak to the engine. The tear down was done almost 2 years ago now. The physical condition of the engine looks like it has less than 1000 miles on it. Everything was clean. No signs of heat (scuffing on cylinder walls or skirts), HG still has coating on it, and bearings mint.

Regardless, Juan had the choice of a new OEM parts at NO charge, or pay for parts only on a Forged S1 Build. He chose the later.
40R STi (Yes, I know you from subie land).
Vortech S2k.
My own tuning (My s2k was self tuned via AEM EMS, 30+ hours getting the partial throttle mapping down exactly how I wanted it, familiarity with common systems including E-manage ultimate and k-pro/flashpro)

Not sure why you question my qualifications. Signs of damage from detonation is pretty clear to even the amateur like myself. Given the nature of the damage, I'm sure ALL the pictures taken would have been at the same time, and all stored together.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:32 PM
w0ady

its 1 car that was worked on by someone who has since been terminated. since that addresses all the install issues, lets move on? should this have been better checked? yes. im sure sharif and forged are making changes with the outcome of 1 bad car. as for all the legal smack talk - it seems like its boiled down to a he said/she said argument. again im just waiting to see what sort of proof comes up next.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:11 PM
TJHG37S

It's more than 1 install, check the vendor feedback thread
Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Now how about some rolling video's? with the camera fixed to screen? I'd love some WOT runs!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 AM
dpjones

As promised:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...xperience.html