Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Hexxum001
FIGHT ON!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha! Wassup fellas. Yeah it's been a minute. How is everything going with your 37s?

Personally, I have nothing against FP or Sharif. From being on the G/Z forums for 5+ years, he has always contributed to the community. However all it takes is one incident like what happened to Juan's 37 to change things in a split second. It just makes you wonder. If one car is allowed to get out of his shop in this condition, how many others have also. Not saying that there are but it makes you wonder. QC should have been much better and this would have never happened.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
haha! Wassup fellas. Yeah it's been a minute. How is everything going with your 37s?

Personally, I have nothing against FP or Sharif. From being on the G/Z forums for 5+ years, he has always contributed to the community. However all it takes is one incident like what happened to Juan's 37 to change things in a split second. It just makes you wonder. If one car is allowed to get out of his shop in this condition, how many others have also. Not saying that there are but it makes you wonder. QC should have been much better and this would have never happened.
Sounds like someone is just jumping on the bandwagon. This is what amazes me the most.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Sounds like someone is just jumping on the bandwagon. This is what amazes me the most.
How is it jumping on the bandwagon when he is just stating his opinion on the facts that have been presented?

"It just makes you wonder. If one car is allowed to get out of his shop in this condition, how many others have also. Not saying that there are but it makes you wonder. QC should have been much better and this would have never happened.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> "

That's all he said...He is 100% correct. If Forged let out a car looking as terrible as Juan's.. How many others have been let out looking like that (or maybe to a lesser extent)??

I don't think there is a bandwagon at all, just people who are MUCH more skeptical of doing business with Forged knowing that something like what happened to Juan can happen to them..
Old 04-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

^ I guess it similar to the fact that BMW sold a lemon M3 to my friend and me coming out and saying "It just makes you wonder. If one car is allowed to get out of BMW manufacturing in this condition, how many others have also. Not saying that there are but it makes you wonder. QC should have been much better and this would have never happened." That would just be rediculous.

I'm not defending anyone in these cases because I don't have all the facts, nor do I care to.

And yes, BMW did sell a lemon M3 to my friend and I do plan on owning one in the future.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
jarborn1

BJ - If they left one screw loose this would never be an issue. What they did to Juan's car is (at least in my opinion) not something that was a simple oversight. There were NUMEROUS blatent mistakes made.

If your friends issue's list looks even remotely like this then i'd say you have a good argument...

Damage done to the car while at Forged Performance:

• Wiring harness was damaged and ground to VVEL left off. This is why Sharif could not get the car to run properly.
• The car was backed into a lift damaging the rear bumper and tail light. Sharif wanted to replace this with parts from a junk yard.
• Shift **** was removed using pliers and damaged beyond repair.
• Holes were drilled through my VIN plate on the firewall when mounting the fuel pump regulator.
• Chassis was cut to make GTM turbo kit fit. This was not needed. The kit was installed improperly.
• Plastics were cut to make the turbo kit fit. More unnecessary modification due to improper install of turbo kit.
• Intercooler piping was cut to make it fit (again unneeded) and left metal shavings inside.
• Intercooler piping crushed to make room for an oil return line.

Cost to me:

• Nearly a year without my car and over ten thousand dollars in additional expenses repairing the damage Forged Performance caused. Sharif did pay for part of the GTM bill.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jarborn1
How is it jumping on the bandwagon when he is just stating his opinion on the facts that have been presented?

"It just makes you wonder. If one car is allowed to get out of his shop in this condition, how many others have also. Not saying that there are but it makes you wonder. QC should have been much better and this would have never happened. "

That's all he said...He is 100% correct. If Forged let out a car looking as terrible as Juan's.. How many others have been let out looking like that (or maybe to a lesser extent)??

I don't think there is a bandwagon at all, just people who are MUCH more skeptical of doing business with Forged knowing that something like what happened to Juan can happen to them..
I agree. Most members here are simply concerned that a well known shop such as FP would let out a car like that. It's not about taking sides or jumping the bandwagon. I mean they have every right to be concerned if there was a chance that their car might end up looking like that after dropping $10K+ on FI.

Personally, I've only purchased items from FP and my transactions have been very smooth. Thus I will continue to buy aftermarket part from them, however, if I was in the US and wanted them to install something, I would make absolutely sure that this would not happen again before I let them work on my car.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:27 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't think BMW would let something past QC with zipties holding it together.
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^ I guess it similar to the fact that BMW sold a lemon M3 to my friend and me coming out and saying "It just makes you wonder. If one car is allowed to get out of BMW manufacturing in this condition, how many others have also. Not saying that there are but it makes you wonder. QC should have been much better and this would have never happened." That would just be rediculous.

I'm not defending anyone in these cases because I don't have all the facts, nor do I care to.

And yes, BMW did sell a lemon M3 to my friend and I do plan on owning one in the future.
Did that lemon have holes cut in the chassis of the car, plastic trim on the bottom cut our, fuel lines ziptied to each other, intakes in the wrong spot on the front of the car, a broken rear tailight, squished piping, etc?

Or did that lemon appear to be in perfect condition so that it would pass QA/QC and just develop chronic problems down the road? And did that lemon come with a full warranty and was it applicable for the lemon law?

Big difference with a car that turns into a lemon vs. one that looks like it was run through a cheese grater and zip tied together. QA/QC rarely picks up on lemons, but any form of QA/QC would have noticed that this was a horrible install.

Edit: Damn you guys above me with the same exact post.
Blackjack
Super Moderator

I'm done with this. I just find it funny how everyone jumps on the bandwagon when they don't have a stake in it or have all the facts. Whether the facts are correct, it's still he said, she said even with pics.
jarborn1

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
I agree. Most members here are simply concerned that a well known shop such as FP would let out a car like that. It's not about taking sides or jumping the bandwagon. I mean they have every right to be concerned if there was a chance that their car might end up looking like that after dropping $10K+ on FI.

Personally, I've only purchased items from FP and my transactions have been very smooth. Thus I will continue to buy aftermarket part from them, however, if I was in the US and allowed them to install something, I would make absolutely sure that this would not happen again before I let them work on my car.
Zackly!!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:28 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by philter25
Did that lemon have holes cut in the chassis of the car, plastic trim on the bottom cut our, fuel lines ziptied to each other, intakes in the wrong spot on the front of the car, a broken rear tailight, squished piping, etc?

Or did that lemon appear to be in perfect condition so that it would pass QA/QC and just develop chronic problems down the road? And did that lemon come with a full warranty and was it applicable for the lemon law?

Big difference with a car that turns into a lemon vs. one that looks like it was run through a cheese grater and zip tied together.
I'm done with this. I just find it funny how everyone jumps on the bandwagon when they don't have a stake in it or have all the facts. Whether the facts are correct, it's still he said, she said even with pics.

LOL of course your "done with this".........

Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
jarborn1

And how is it "he said, she said even with pics"

Aren't pics considered "evidence", can pics not hold up in court? How else would you like him to prove his side of the story BJ. A picture is worth a thousand words...
Old 04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
BJ, it happens all the time exactly like this. Anyone looking to go FI wants to know ahead of time before they spend 10k+ on what they think is a reputable shop if the shop has problems.

There are numerous intakes available for this car, if one has fitament problems, people want to know because that might effect their decision.

I havent seen anyone flaming FP stating anything other than what was shown to people in pictures. FP had a chance to respond and rebutted to parts that they disagreed with. Sharif never said anything about the pictures and the horrible install job because considering that he said the person who did the install was terminated, Im sure Sharif knows it was a horrible install job.

Dont you read customer reviews before you buy anything? Or ask people questions or chime in from past experiences? Dont you try to get more information and learn from other peoples mistakes, especially when spending such a large chunk of money?

I'd like to think that this community as a whole looks out for each other and tries to help each other. There are reviews, both positive and negative about everything. Some I agree with, and some I dont. But its hard to dispute something when someone posts pictures clearly showing a botched install and when the owner responds in the thread, he doesnt deny that it was a botched install and admits that the person who did the install was terminated. Both sides posted, and both sides presented their side of the story. Some aspects of the story were IMO confirmed by both sides. The details might be he said she said, but I dont think anyone is saying that this wasnt a horrible install.

With numerous options available, TT kits, and SC kits, more people are going FI and more people are considering FI. Information relating to the quality of install shops benefits the community and lets everyone make their own informed decision.

I know personally if I chose a shop for a FI install and they had a few problems with install from people in my car club and they didnt give me a heads up, I would be pretty irritated at the members of my car club for not speaking up.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
He said she said? Sharif admitted that the inexperienced employer fuked up big time and thus was fired from Forged Performance.

"...our shop is no different from many others in that we aren't perfect, and we do make mistakes. The people that worked on this customer's car were terminated long ago, and no longer work here. In fact, we haven't worked on this car for well over a year."

That means those pics Juan posted are in fact evidence of the work that was done on his car by Forged Performance and NOT just a matter of opinion. If what you see in the pics doesn't make you the least bit concern about the work that Forged Performance performs then I really don't know what to say...
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
jarborn1

Forged is right down the road from BJ's and he's had work done there.. His opinion is understood as he has had experience with them in the past and never had anything like this happen to him, so i KINDA understand where he is coming from..

But in any event, the pics really do speak for themselves. Now other stories are coming out as well so maybe BJ was just one of the lucky ones to not have a single issue..

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance