Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

FI Decision Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:21 AM
OMG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And just so it's clear...I'm not trying to pick on you or be argumentative, I just think it's important in this thread to be factual.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by OMG37
I think your problem is that you make statements like that with no evidence to support it.
I don't have a problem. You might have a problem with me or my postings but again, that's not my problem. I choose to limit what I say because of the reasons I stated earlier. If you read my post and do what it says about asking the right people the right questions then you too can decide to post the information or not for yourself.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:53 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GTM kits or Stillen?
referring to stillens
Old 03-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
I (and many others) know you can't say anything bad about GTM on this board or you'll get slammed, edited, banned, harassed, discredited, or more. It's the same with the other forums as well.
You make us sound like the mafia? Sorry that you feel that way.

I'm pretty sure you already know the price for the GTM kit will just get you in the door.
Really, This is no straight forward enough??

Originally Posted by SAM@GTM
With the introductory Price that we are offering right now the total cost will be 7321.96 INSTALLED

This will include

-GTM SUPERCHARGER KIT STAGE 1 500HP (TURN KEY )
-ONE STEP COLDER SPARK PLUGS
-NEW INTAKE GASKETS
-SYNTHETIC OIL CHANGE AND FILTER
-DYNO BEFORE AND AFTER

Sam

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 03-27-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:32 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GTM kits or Stillen?
There are Nissan and Infiniti dealerships across the country that have their pre-orders in for installations of the 3.7L STILLEN Supercharger, just as there have been for all of the previous superchargers for the 350Z, G35, Titan, Armada, QX56, Frontier, Pathfinder, Xterra, etc.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:46 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
I (and many others) know you can't say anything bad about GTM on this board or you'll get slammed, edited, banned, harassed, discredited, or more. It's the same with the other forums as well.
That's a false rumor you are spreading Ivoid, we actually have a vendor feedback forum just so members can voice their experience with any vendor they dealt with.

A professional thread with facts and solid info will never be edited or deleted, but if a certain hypocritical member is too scared to go public and goes spreading BS in the PMs to everyone while saying the best things in that same vendor's thread, that's when it gets messy; as it turns into opinions and what everyone heard.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 AM
OMG37

Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
There are Nissan and Infiniti dealerships across the country that have their pre-orders in for installations of the 3.7L STILLEN Supercharger, just as there have been for all of the previous superchargers for the 350Z, G35, Titan, Armada, QX56, Frontier, Pathfinder, Xterra, etc.
That didn't answer my question, but thanks for the useless information.

I really don't care that you guys have deals with dealers across the country Josh. I wanted to know if the 3 kits that he was talking about were GTM kits or Stillen because I had something else in mind if they were GTM.

Last edited by OMG37; 03-27-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: edit
Old 03-27-2010, 09:39 AM
OMG37

I don't have a problem. You might have a problem with me or my postings but again, that's not my problem. I choose to limit what I say because of the reasons I stated earlier. If you read my post and do what it says about asking the right people the right questions then you too can decide to post the information or not for yourself.
Just stick to facts in this thread please. You can go make another post and spread your propoganda there.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

I really don't care that you guys have deals with dealers across the country Josh. I wanted to know if the 3 kits that he was talking about were GTM kits or Stillen because I had something else in mind if they were GTM.
Just stick to facts in this thread please. You can go make another post and spread your propoganda there.
I am quite annoyed from your attitude to be honest, what are you trying to do here? You want opinions, but when people share you ask them not to? Or start their own threads? To this very day, there are no facts, both kits have not been installed on a customer's car yet, it's all opinion based.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
OMG37

Originally Posted by G37Sam
I am quite annoyed from your attitude to be honest, what are you trying to do here? You want opinions, but when people share you ask them not to? Or start their own threads? To this very day, there are no facts, both kits have not been installed on a customer's car yet, it's all opinion based.
The intro pricing of the kit is fact. Ivoid saying that there some hidden cost that GTM isn't telling you about is bs and it's just propaganda that I'm not at liberty to just let go without calling him out on it. If he has a valid excuse for making an accusation like that, then post what it is...that's all I'm saying.

As far as Josh's post...sometimes I just get a little annoyed with Stillen's marketing practices. I was asking who's kit that guy was referring to and I get a response from Stillen saying "hey we are so cool we have deals with dealerships all over the country!" and don't try to tell me that's not what that was meant to be.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:08 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

The intro pricing of the kit is fact. Ivoid saying that there some hidden cost that GTM isn't telling you about is bs and it's just propaganda that I'm not at liberty to just let go without calling him out on it. If he has a valid excuse for making an accusation like that, then post what it is...that's all I'm saying.

As far as Josh's post...sometimes I just get a little annoyed with Stillen's marketing practices. I was asking who's kit that guy was referring to and I get a response from Stillen saying "hey we are so cool we have deals with dealerships all over the country!" and don't try to tell me that's not what that was meant to be.
The points you make are valid and I have no problem with that, I'm just saying we don't want to start an e-fight here, everyone has the freedom to post up his opinions, calling them out is also fine, but do it with.. what's the word... class?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:10 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please see below.

I don't get how you can say "end of story" as if this is fact and the discussion is over and then ask for me to elaborate. I will though.

I (and many others) know you can't say anything bad about GTM on this board or you'll get slammed, edited, banned, harassed, discredited, or more. It's the same with the other forums as well. I have no issues with either company. I have never delt with either company. I do not intend to buy either kit any time soon. What I have done is my research for if I ever am ready. I will continue researching everything I can read and hopefully both units perform great. I've read everything I could on four different forums. It may not be easy to see, but the clues are there that there is more to the stories. If you PM the right guys you can start to fill in holes to some of the stories. Just do your research and try to do your best to add up all the costs.
Ivoid,
I too am a bit puzzled by what you are implying about the "hidden costs" involved in installing the GTM kit.
I guess I'm one of the first on board and paid my money for the GTM kit. I am going to be installing it myself and if you like I will do a thread to document the install with a type of photo blog. I will report on how user friendly the kit is to install and we shall see "how much money" I will have to spend above and beyond the $4995 to get the job done.

So Sam, if your reading this....get that kit together and out to me so we can put this to bed.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:29 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This thread took a bad turn, as I knew it would.

Mods can you please lock it.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Buddy Revell

Bro, you gotta calm down a bit. I know you prefer GTM and want to share your reasons why you think their product is superior, but having an attitude against Stillen's reps or forum members who prefer their kit isn't helping your cause at all.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM
You make us sound like the mafia? Sorry that you feel that way.
I don't feel that way. I may have been misunderstood. GTM is not the bad guy on the forums, it's their fanboys that drive so much other information away. I've said it before and I'll say it again, GTM would be my number one install place of choice. I'm sorry I am so far away because I would love to have a lot of things done but GTM is the only place I think I could trust. There is not another place in the country doing what I've seen GTM do with the electronics.

Originally Posted by G37Sam
That's a false rumor you are spreading Ivoid, we actually have a vendor feedback forum just so members can voice their experience with any vendor they dealt with.
The editing may not apply here but the harassment sure does. Not by the staff but by the members. This forum is a little slow on the performance aspect of things for multiple reasons none of them being bad. The other forums (which you are on) are more on top of the performance aftermarket. For every one guy that might have something to say that is not 100% pro GTM, you have seven guys that will jump his throat. They are so unrelenting that it is obviously causing others to keep their thoughts to themselves.

You sure are making a lot of friends here aren't you. I waited a long time for you to PM me with some questions last night but it never happened. The reason is you simply do not care and probably already have your mind made up. You keep asking me to speak my mind and I made it clear in the first post that I would not do that in a public forum setting. The following posts I made hinted that PM's are a safer route. If you wanted more details from me you could have PM'd me but instead you repeated "called me out" in the posts. You already have this preconceived notion that you're very poor at hiding yet you keep asking for others opinions. Don't bother PMing now because I too am annoyed with you to the point I'm done with you.

For those of you who have not read my every post, I would most likely go to GTM for help with my car. I believe they are the ones that are on top of the 370Z/G37 aftermarket. I would probably do the mechanical install as that is what I like to do but when it comes to the electronics, they are down right impressive with what they do at GTM. Their customer service is almost to the point that it is unbelievable. I say that because it is hard for me to believe that they are as good as everyone says. That makes me want to go to them almost as much as what they can do with the electronics. There fanbase is very loyal. So loyal in fact that it become diffucult to deal with. It has become near impossible to say anything good about another product without someone else jumping in to put it down. I'm talking about products that are still in testing and are not even on the market yet.

Quick Reply: FI Decision Thread