Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Sudden Jump In RPM

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
No problems.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:13 AM
camNili

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its completely normal. infiniti put a rev matching transmission on their cars to make them more sporty.

trust me ITS A GOOD THING
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 AM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
It is NOT a normal thing, its NOT a good thing. Stop making blanket statements. Its a well documented issue in some 08 models. There has been a TSB out on it for a while. The rev-matching is not same as a rpm surge when braking. I had the issue on my car, and it made it very annoying and difficult to drive in stop and go traffic. One time it surged so bad that I thought I had been rear ended. The TSB reprograms the ECU and the difference in driveability is day and night. My only regret is I didnt go in earlier to get the TSB done since I had the issue with my car as soon as I had bought it. And the reason why I delayed going in for the TSB is that a few ppl on here reported that the ECU flash made their car sluggish...well fwiw I dont feel any negative effects at all.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 AM
09G37xCpe

Originally Posted by tomcatm
It is NOT a normal thing, its NOT a good thing. Stop making blanket statements. Its a well documented issue in some 08 models. There has been a TSB out on it for a while. The rev-matching is not same as a rpm surge when braking. I had the issue on my car, and it made it very annoying and difficult to drive in stop and go traffic. One time it surged so bad that I thought I had been rear ended. The TSB reprograms the ECU and the difference in driveability is day and night. My only regret is I didnt go in earlier to get the TSB done since I had the issue with my car as soon as I had bought it. And the reason why I delayed going in for the TSB is that a few ppl on here reported that the ECU flash made their car sluggish...well fwiw I dont feel any negative effects at all.
I thought that TSB only affected 08's with certain VIN's? OP said he had an 09 which would lead most people to believe it's rev matching (which a lot of people aren't used to IMO.)

I get your point though (and there is another thread in the Sedan sub-forum where they talk about an accident that is somewhat related to an issue like this.)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 AM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by chi-town g37
what kind of toyota is it?

hahahahahaha
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
focker

There was a TSB for engine braking when the car drops into 2nd or 3rd gear, it aggresively brakes. This is not the case, if you have the car in DS mode it will rev high when the car downshifts. It feels weird, but it's perfectly normal. Now if this is happening in normal D mode, then you might want to have it looked at.