Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:52 AM
ryanmross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
efuseakay, sorry to hear that.. but you did get in a good price!
And so did I, thank you.

Off topic,
You're not far from me... any events coming up?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Yeah I'm not mad at all... just a little sad. lol

I need to hide this thing so I don't keep looking at it. haha

Plenty of events for this summer... I'll PM you.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
freesurfer
Registered Member

I was so looking forward to getting this for my '10, now I'll have to wait 'till summer and be patient.

When the programming for the 10's get released, pls post in on here. I'll be looking for it. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
vactor
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i cannot get the 15% coupon to work with streetside

also, i know that the Nissan GTR and some other cars have event date recorderes etc and they store certain information, including ecu updates. they have denied lots of warranty repairs on nissan GTRs using that information. does the ecu in the 09' g37 do the same thing? is there a guarantee that uninstalling the hypertech means that there is NO WAY that nissan / infiniti will be able to tell that ANYTHING was done to the ecu?? that's a big concern for me. otherwise, i want one!!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like Streetside no longer has this on discount. If you guys want to buy this I would recommend Lou @ Amplified!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
UpREV tune is the best out there! Much more power! I havnt done mine yet since I wanted to get my coils first. Look that way and forget this!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
DanMardik

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
UpREV tune is the best out there! Much more power! I havnt done mine yet since I wanted to get my coils first. Look that way and forget this!
Can you quickly revert back to stock for warranty work on the UpREV?

Don't think so...
Old 04-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DanMardik
Can you quickly revert back to stock for warranty work on the UpREV?

Don't think so...

I think you have to go back to the shop where it was tunned to get it flashed back to stock. Not 100% sure since like I said I havnt done it yet but here are links with info on those who have. You could even post up to them or IM.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...available.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...prev-tune.html

PS: your worried about warranty and dealership. I spoke with somone there and they won't look for this or see it unless you have a serious enough issue. Also the amount of HP you are reporting on this vs you can see by review.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:04 PM
DanMardik

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
I think you have to go back to the shop where it was tunned to get it flashed back to stock. Not 100% sure since like I said I havnt done it yet but here are links with info on those who have. You could even post up to them or IM.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...available.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...prev-tune.html

PS: your worried about warranty and dealership. I spoke with somone there and they won't look for this or see it unless you have a serious enough issue. Also the amount of HP you are reporting on this vs you can see by review.

The big selling point for me going Hypertech is that I have access to the module and stock maps all the time and don't have to go in to the the tuning shop to have it flashed back to stock. What if I want to re-flash to the original tune I had after going back to stock? I'm assuming that means more dyno time and more money?

It think both tuning methods have their pros and cons. It all depends on what you're going for.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

^^ Yeah I agree the convenience of it is great. and I wish we could get these merged lol!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 PM
vactor
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any word on whether the hypertech is detectable by the dealer? what about the accessport? if the car ahs a failure and cannot be driven, it would be nice to go back to the factory settings and not have it detectable so as to avoid warranty issues. seems nissan has a penchant for being very finicky when it comes to aftermarket parts and ecu tunes, just look at the GTR forums.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
Called Tech Support, so here's the deal...

Heh... well I'm out of luck for awhile... they won't have an update for the 2010s until later this summer. I'm still going to keep it though, since all it will be is a software update. So for now, I can't do anything. No biggie. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

Anyone near Bartlett, TN? This is where they are located... if you have a 2010, they can definitely speed things along if they can borrow your car. Post up if anyone knows someone!

The TS guy said that those with 2009s that had their ECUs swapped shouldn't have any problems. Of course, if you do, give them a call.
Efuse, what's the error message that you got? Did it say something about calibration, or did it talk about no VIN?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bsowhat1
ozzypriest - was your ECU physically swapped or just reflashed to a 2010 update?
Mine was physically swapped - now, I assume it is a 2010 ECM, but for all I know it's 2009 service model- that is, an ECM specifically meant to replace the 2009 stock ECM
Old 04-23-2010, 07:55 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

So Hypertech thinks the dealership didn't put the VIN into the ECM correctly. They've advised me to get it checked, and corrected if need be. Before I spend 80 bucks at a Nissan dealer, I'd sure like to know if I am having a VIN number problem, or is it because I have a 2010 ECM...? Efuse??
Old 04-23-2010, 09:03 PM
ryanmross

I got mine today. Had to update the software version on the module. Very easy. Installed, and was impressed with how quick it ran, versus the length of time it took the Hypertech PP3 to install on my Blazer (2000 vs 2008, I'd hope so).

No errors or concerns.
But it is raining here. I lose traction normally, so I can not give a true impression yet.

Looks like a weekend of rain, but I will be looking for dry spot opportunities to get a feel for this.

Good luck to the others!
-Ryan

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it