Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
tharbemiko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I love it. Personally I haven't WOT'ed it yet so I can't tell you any before and after results to 60mph. But I did notice that throttle response is better and it feels like my powerband has been adjusted (not sure if it's only me?). It seems now there's more torque at the lower RPMs so that's a plus.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 PM
burningembers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2011 calibration wasn't yet supported, I emailed them, got a response in 2.5 days. Installed that night.

This was a few days ago (see previous post). Still loving it, completely worth it to me, and some nice non-commute driving this weekend was really fun. Powerband definitely seems adjusted, almost to be more consistent and smooth throughout.

It is a lot smoother and a lot more predictable, which makes me feel way more comfortable driving it because I feel a lot more in control of the car.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
everyone talks about better shifting with hypertech. what are the benefits for owners with 6mt like myself. is their a differance performance wise compared to the two?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:14 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by A_Palaroan
everyone talks about better shifting with hypertech. what are the benefits for owners with 6mt like myself. is their a differance performance wise compared to the two?
Even for the 6MT, it's pretty sweet. You get a little extra hp/tq, the 0-60 restriction removal/change the rev and speed limit/clear check engine lights.

I actually had a chance to use the top speed limiter over the weekend when I had to valet my car. I set it to 25mph. The valet actually asked me if my car was ok. lol
Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Ron

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have any of you went back too the stock intake after installing HFC. My car only comes alive when you step on it from a stand still, accelerating after 2K just bogs until 3.5K. I don't recall this with the stock intake.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
burningembers

Originally Posted by efuseakay
I actually had a chance to use the top speed limiter over the weekend when I had to valet my car. I set it to 25mph. The valet actually asked me if my car was ok. lol
That is awesome. I never thought of this. Totally doing it.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Gee37S

I have a 6MT and totally agree with what others have said. The 0-60 throttle restriction removal is really what you'll notice at first. The power gain is also noticeable but not mind blowing. Power feels more linear and consistent. I drove my brothers car (also a 6MT) and the only mod he has are the Berk HFC and my car definitely feels even more alive than his, specially after I installed the Hypertech.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 PM
4drScreamer

Originally Posted by burningembers
After a day of driving...

Throttle response is greatly improved (almost instant), shift lag has been virtually eliminated except when I let it coast down to 22mph then punch it and it shifts back up. Maybe if I do this enough times it'll learn? I have no idea, honestly.

Most noticeable is also the smoothness through at least my 0-70ish acceleration. It doesn't seem to roller coaster in torque as much, it feels pretty consistent and steady the whole way through and it feels awesome.

I'm extremely happy with it. I consider it $327 well spent.
Hey burning, what other mods do you have installed? CAI? CBE? Etc?

It's good to know that you are pleased with the results. Before I bite the bullet, it would be good to know how the HT adjusts for different bolt ons since they each impact the engine performance differently.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 PM
burningembers

@4drScreamer: No other mods (yet), actually. So my HT tune was purely from off-the-lot stock. HT support is pretty good about responding within 24 hours, it might not hurt to just ask them how they'd handle calibrations for bolt-ons.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Hey burning, what other mods do you have installed? CAI? CBE? Etc?

It's good to know that you are pleased with the results. Before I bite the bullet, it would be good to know how the HT adjusts for different bolt ons since they each impact the engine performance differently.
I have ERZ HFC/Stillen Gen 3/FI CBE. They did say at first they had no plans for bolt-on adjustments, but apparently they have changed their minds, as per "Hypertech" member on the boards here. No word on an ETA when they'd be releasing updates for intakes/exhaust etc.

But as the HT is now, it's great with the mods I have. Very happy with it.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Razorshock

I think I'm sold on this. Getting rid of the throttle restriction alone would seem to cure the unsettling feeling I get when I really need full throttle under 15MPH turning left in front of traffic or pulling out into traffic. Annoying that Infiniti built in that restriction, especially on AWD models. Kudos to HyperTech for offering the option.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Frankyg37s

Originally Posted by efuseakay
Be sure to update it right away, and then flash your car. Looking forward to impressions!
sure will
Old 03-01-2011, 08:07 PM
A_Palaroan

so if i buy test pipes or hfc and my check engine light goes off i can turn off the light with the hypertech?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Frankyg37s

Originally Posted by A_Palaroan
so if i buy test pipes or hfc and my check engine light goes off i can turn off the light with the hypertech?
yes but that would indicate somethings wrong
Old 03-01-2011, 08:14 PM
A_Palaroan

the only thing wrong is the o2 sensors arnt used to the airflow right? all i need is hfc/tp and a tune and i dont know what to do. any suggestions

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it