Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
They should hopefully get on it this upcoming week. Heck, I waited 6 months for them to update the thing for the 2010s! lol

And it was worth it!
Wow 6 months? I was told my 09 calibration will be sent in 2-7 days, and it's already 9 day already... You're scaring me... This' frustrating, they're advertising cars they don't even support.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Mine took about 1 week, submitted on Monday and called them on Friday to bug them. They said they would try to kick it out by close of business and they did. I think the 2010 issue was because the car was new and they just started their support for that year. It's not so much an issue of advertising cars they don't support, but building up their calibration database. Some folks had no issues because they were covered by an available calibration. The more folks who purchase the tuner, the more calibrations immediately available to the community.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:00 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
For those with 2010 7ATs that had the trans updated via the latest TSB, I got the email from Hypertech today informing me that they have released a new calibration. Time to update! Too bad there's 2 feet of snow here. lol
Old 02-03-2011, 03:01 AM
tharbemiko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those with 2010 7ATs that had the trans updated via the latest TSB, I got the email from Hypertech today informing me that they have released a new calibration. Time to update! Too bad there's 2 feet of snow here. lol
NICE let us know how that goes! I've been holding back from doing the TSB because of the whole hypertech issue. I also just got an email from them telling me that an update is ready for my 2011 G (no TSB). Can't wait until I can update it!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:44 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Can you paste that email here?
In response to my emails about the unit getting upgrades weekly, they sated all they were, are database upgrades.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Those weekly upgrades are just database updates. Nothing to do with any performance tweaks that I have seen. I deleted the email, sorry. lol

But I re-flashed with no problems.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Finally got my calibration after 3 weeks, looks like I won't be able to get a comparison w/ Gtech till all the snow melts
Old 02-11-2011, 01:29 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Those weekly upgrades are just database updates. Nothing to do with any performance tweaks that I have seen. I deleted the email, sorry. lol

But I re-flashed with no problems.
Yeah, thats what they said, but knew nothing of a new calibration to go along the trans TSB.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Yeah, thats what they said, but knew nothing of a new calibration to go along the trans TSB.
Well, I have the updated calibration, so it's all good...
Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Well, I have the updated calibration, so it's all good...
Sorry, without that email it's BS.

I called them directly, and there has been no new calibration since December.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Sorry, without that email it's BS.

I called them directly, and there has been no new calibration since December.
LOL

Well, I got the TSB, tried to re-flash the car with the HT and it told me there was an unsupported calibration. Plugged it into the computer to update, said the same thing, then asked for my email so they could notify me when it was updated. They eventually released an update for me and I was able to re-install the HT tune.

I think the way they handle this is via individual updates for specific units identified by serial number since my serial number was specified in the email. If you get the TSB, try for yourself. You will see. And they will push an update to your tuner.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM
jb606

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed my HT on Thursday...not feeling much of a difference. It's almost like the turner just smoothed out some of the rough spots in the power band. I'll leave it installed, at least until I go in to get the AT reflash.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:40 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

LOL

Well, I got the TSB, tried to re-flash the car with the HT and it told me there was an unsupported calibration. Plugged it into the computer to update, said the same thing, then asked for my email so they could notify me when it was updated. They eventually released an update for me and I was able to re-install the HT tune.

I think the way they handle this is via individual updates for specific units identified by serial number since my serial number was specified in the email. If you get the TSB, try for yourself. You will see. And they will push an update to your tuner.

OK, I got it, it's the same calibration, just updated because the TSB overwrote something.

Now have you noticed since removing the 0=60 full throttle restriction, it bogs in gear, as the AT doesnt downshift fast enough. Because when you have the restriction on, there is less throttle and the trans never needed to downshift quicker.

Does that make sense??
Old 02-13-2011, 02:41 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jb606
I installed my HT on Thursday...not feeling much of a difference. It's almost like the turner just smoothed out some of the rough spots in the power band. I'll leave it installed, at least until I go in to get the AT reflash.
Did you remove the 0-60 throttle restriction? That makes it so much better!!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

OK, I got it, it's the same calibration, just updated because the TSB overwrote something.

Now have you noticed since removing the 0=60 full throttle restriction, it bogs in gear, as the AT doesnt downshift fast enough. Because when you have the restriction on, there is less throttle and the trans never needed to downshift quicker.

Does that make sense??
Makes sense but it's minimal on my car.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it