Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Tuned with Cobb Accessport!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Risky you are confused and confusing others.. there are two different kinds of timing, ignition timing and cam timing.

Staples said he was able to mess with the ignition timing.. cam timing so far only God can mess with.. (don't quote me on that though )
sam unless I wasn't paying attention when my car was tunned.you can't adjust the cam or ignition tables with the cobb.you can change tables all day same results.

I specifically asked the tunner how gains were made,any gains were from the air fuel.it is the only thing you can adjust.

so I would be glad if you could.also staples you gained 2hp at the wheels more than me,and I have an exhaust leak.and he did zero with the timing.I'm positive.

Last edited by RISKY GUY; 12-16-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
sam unless I wasn't paying attention when my car was tunned.you can't adjust the cam or ignition tables with the cobb.you can change tables all day same results.

I specifically asked the tunner how gains were made,any gains were from the air fuel.it is the only thing you can adjust.

so I would be glad if you could.also staples you gained 2hp at the wheels more than me,and I have an exhaust leak.and he did zero with the timing.I'm positive.
Yeah, but chamelion's dyno is very giving when it comes to horsepower numbers. I've seen people make 300whp with just high flow cats. Every dyno is going to read differently, and it's hard to compare numbers because of weather, humidty, and a number of other things that play a role. As I've said before, it's about the numbers made from the tune, not from the overall number.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I love my uprev tune. You can get in there and turn anything off on the car with the uprev software.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im still confused with the uprev, is it only a mail order thing? Or can I go to HPlogic and have them do it?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
No its not mail order only. I went to the only shop in Ohio that has a UpRev license and had them tune my car on the dyno. I saw it go from 283 right after the test pipe install and he got it up to 300. That software is amazing they can really do some neat stuff to the car with it. Im pretty sure that after they do your tune they have to send it to Orisis to have them look at it and let them know what they think of there tune.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Lee55

cool , i wish cobb works with GCC Infiniti's , so u cant adjust much , what if you use cobb with blitz throttle control ( forgot the name )
Old 12-18-2009, 08:42 AM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by Buckeye G
No its not mail order only. I went to the only shop in Ohio that has a UpRev license and had them tune my car on the dyno. I saw it go from 283 right after the test pipe install and he got it up to 300. That software is amazing they can really do some neat stuff to the car with it. Im pretty sure that after they do your tune they have to send it to Orisis to have them look at it and let them know what they think of there tune.
Thanks man, so its software that reflashes your computer with a tune correct
Old 12-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Staples

Originally Posted by Lee55
cool , i wish cobb works with GCC Infiniti's , so u cant adjust much , what if you use cobb with blitz throttle control ( forgot the name )
You wouldn't need the blitz throttle controller then because with the cobb tuning software you can adjust the throttle position. I have 3 maps I made with my custom tune; OEM, aggressive, and daily driven. I can switch between maps whenever I want. Basically all the throttle position does is account for when you want the throttle bodies to open, sooner or later. IT WILL make your gas mileage go to hell though if you set it too aggressively.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:47 AM
SOLISIMO

Thanks man............
Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Lee55

Originally Posted by Staples
You wouldn't need the blitz throttle controller then because with the cobb tuning software you can adjust the throttle position. I have 3 maps I made with my custom tune; OEM, aggressive, and daily driven. I can switch between maps whenever I want. Basically all the throttle position does is account for when you want the throttle bodies to open, sooner or later. IT WILL make your gas mileage go to hell though if you set it too aggressively.
OH really i just thought cobb doesnt allow you to adjust the throttle...damn WHY does our ECU have to be diffrent!! for somereason our cars r less powerful here ..i dyno'ed my car and it gave 222.7 WHB :S n i had at that time the inejen CAI long tube ... this sucks
Old 12-18-2009, 07:18 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Staples did you open up the throttle to more than the OEM 70% at WOT in your aggressive map?

Curious to know, how do you switch maps? Cruise Control?
Old 12-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Staples

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Staples did you open up the throttle to more than the OEM 70% at WOT in your aggressive map?

Curious to know, how do you switch maps? Cruise Control?
By default the throttle bodies open 70% at 95% throttle. I have mine set to 82% at 95%. If you mash the pedal to the floor it doesn't matter what you set the throttle to, the throttle bodies will open at 100%.

I can take screenshots of my access tuner to show you the differences if you'd like.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Staples

By the way to change maps it takes 10 minutes to flash. You can't do it on the fly like you can with uprev.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:36 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
By default the throttle bodies open 70% at 95% throttle. I have mine set to 82% at 95%. If you mash the pedal to the floor it doesn't matter what you set the throttle to, the throttle bodies will open at 100%.

I can take screenshots of my access tuner to show you the differences if you'd like.
No man I believe you.. I swear I do

By the way to change maps it takes 10 minutes to flash. You can't do it on the fly like you can with uprev.
I mean that's no so bad.. You can still control your lead foot once you're done tracking or driving aggressive haha

Navigating through them using cruise control options would be the sex though, or maybe have a different map in D than in DS for the AT folks..
Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Oggie

Are you referring to the Cobb AP that can adjust the throttle opening?

Quick Reply: Review Tuned with Cobb Accessport!