Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Finally hit my 2nd goal ..450whp.....whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Wow thats awesome. I know nothing about nitrous. How often can you spray?
As often as you want as long as you refill the tank
Old 11-25-2009, 11:38 AM
chamelieon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TreSe7en
If you dont mind me asking, what Nos setup did you go with?

Very nice numbers btw.
thanks, ZEX wet system.

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Chamelion how did you do the tuning? Cobb Pro Tuner?
lol with my right foot. I have always been using stock map. use the cobb to datalog and such but other than that its pretty useless right now. I had a few different fuel jet sizes and was able to get the fuel where I wanted it.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Technically you HAVEN'T hit 450 whp yet.
LOL

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Wow thats awesome. I know nothing about nitrous. How often can you spray?
If you plan on using it very often then I would use a richer mixture and would have all the safety accesories. it can be made very safe so if any of the parameters arent met the nitrous wont shoot. there are fuel pressure relays. bottle pressure relays.. etc etc so it only goes when everything is right.

on the dyno being generous.. I have it on stardard dyno correction, SAE would be 320whp baseline and 431whp on the nos. I started out using STD so im going by the gains done by each mod not the overall number.

I have something im going to post soon up soon that will tickle you guys!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:42 AM
NVRENUF

Dyno Dynamics tend to read low...so even 320 is healthy
Old 11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
this has open my mind to a new world and ideas, thanks Chameleon and props!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:44 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Chamelion that's sick, I rememeber when i was at the shop you were trying to get her over the 300whp mark.Nice job, can you get some group buys for nos installs.id be down in a min.I love it, its holding the 150 no problems?i would love to put a nos system in, you would be the man i trust to to it. nice gains bro.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:50 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
Chamelion that's sick, I rememeber when i was at the shop you were trying to get her over the 300whp mark.Nice job, can you get some group buys for nos installs.id be down in a min.I love it, its holding the 150 no problems?i would love to put a nos system in, you would be the man i trust to to it. nice gains bro.
the VHR is a strong motor, if there is 550whp TT setups. then a 150shot is just tickling its belly! a proper no2 kit alone is starting of $1000 but includes are the safety switches that i would recommend to anyone! makes it safe so if the bottle pressure isnt right or the fuel pressure isnt right it wont activate..etc.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:26 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Time to hit the drag strip Chamelion!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
so..how does it work when you hit it. I never experienced it. What if you need to shift while nitrous is being used, how would that be handled? Sorry newbie here, but at least I'm open and ready to learn
Old 11-30-2009, 02:35 PM
dranom

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
so..how does it work when you hit it. I never experienced it. What if you need to shift while nitrous is being used, how would that be handled? Sorry newbie here, but at least I'm open and ready to learn
can you get the switch voice activated 2c! so when you shout DUUUU MAAAAA!!!! it will shoot NO2
Old 11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Jonathan

Habahahahahah
Old 11-30-2009, 02:52 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your RPM have to be at a certain point, You have to be in second gear, Switch must be on, Bottle must be open, and you have to be at WOT for it to kick in.

Well thats how mine was setup on my G and also my boys RSX but I only used it in 3rd on roll, Usually from a 40mph roll and up. Nitrous really kicks you in like turbo but nitrous is so instant so it kicks you back really hard. Thats how it was for me.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
there is an electronic device called the "rpm window switch" or its reffered as the "traction control module". its a small electronic device that lets you calibrate the starting rpm (aka 3500rpm) and the ending rpm (aka 7000rpm w/ 7500 redline). of course this is a must have for ease of n02 use, because rev limiters are ecu controlled by pulling all fuel but keeping the ignition on... so if nitrous were to be still be active, you can kiss everything goodbye lol

also the sex system has a "smart box" which has the fuel and nitrous solenoids built in along with a little brain that regulates the nitrous pressure. but you calibrate the box to activate only at a certain throttle opening once the system is armed so it will only come on at 3500rpm and full throttle.

the beauty of having a full standalone is I can set it so it will only come on once your coolant is 180c and your oil temp is 200c and you are going 20mph ..etc etc options are limitless.

hope that answers your questions.

Originally Posted by dranom
can you get the switch voice activated 2c! so when you shout DUUUU MAAAAA!!!! it will shoot NO2
haha got me crackin up! but what about to turn it off ?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:28 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

Hahahaha good stuff xD

also chamelion i see that you have the zex kit which a good brand, but what do you thnk about the dynotune kit ? Just wondering what are the differences between the two seeing that it's about 2x the cost
Old 11-30-2009, 04:40 PM
dranom

Originally Posted by chamelieon
there is an electronic device called the "rpm window switch" or its reffered as the "traction control module". its a small electronic device that lets you calibrate the starting rpm (aka 3500rpm) and the ending rpm (aka 7000rpm w/ 7500 redline). of course this is a must have for ease of n02 use, because rev limiters are ecu controlled by pulling all fuel but keeping the ignition on... so if nitrous were to be still be active, you can kiss everything goodbye lol

also the sex system has a "smart box" which has the fuel and nitrous solenoids built in along with a little brain that regulates the nitrous pressure. but you calibrate the box to activate only at a certain throttle opening once the system is armed so it will only come on at 3500rpm and full throttle.

the beauty of having a full standalone is I can set it so it will only come on once your coolant is 180c and your oil temp is 200c and you are going 20mph ..etc etc options are limitless.

hope that answers your questions.

haha got me crackin up! but what about to turn it off ?
PHO!!!

But knowing 2c he'll finish the whole bottle esp if he's lined up with a honda! lol
Old 11-30-2009, 04:58 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by TreSe7en
Hahahaha good stuff xD

also chamelion i see that you have the zex kit which a good brand, but what do you thnk about the dynotune kit ? Just wondering what are the differences between the two seeing that it's about 2x the cost
you always get for what you pay for, I havent personally used any dynotune products but have been on their site and looked at what they offer. their kit is $500 and the equivalent kit from zex is $725. it all comes down to zex having tech support and a live person to answer your questions to a few more quality components for the price difference. but i have not had a chance to compare both.

Quick Reply: Finally hit my 2nd goal ..450whp.....whats next?