Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Greddy Twin Turbo for the VQ37HR

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by cvt
Sam, read my first post. the biggest flaw on the emanage is that it can't compensate for all the maps on the stock ecu. it's merely intercepting signals to the stock ecu at a certain map. most likely you'll be tuning at a dyno at WOT. unless you drive at WOT all the time...i doubt this is the most complete tuning device for you. you obviously don't want to send your ecu to Tadashi and a cobb is out of the question...what is available in your area (besides camels and sand)? what stand alones do you have available in the UAE?
haha we also have hot rides

As for standalones, we have quite a few options, Motec & Haltec are the most common. But not everyone wants to dish out 3-4 grand + tuning on a car with a stage 1 kit you know. And since GCC ECU's haven't been hacked yet, everyone ends up getting a piggyback. The UNI-Chip seems to be quite common, their Q+ actually let's you tune 5 different maps.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Why use a stand alone or piggy back if the stock ecu with OSIRIS can handle over 500WHp? It's already been done here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...p-532rwtq.html

If the same components are used on a car here in the states and in the middle east, the file will be similar. Remember, the ECU is already reading MAF. The flash can be emailed for the end user to download to his car via laptop. It can't really get more simple or reliable than that. Really the big question is whether or not OSIRIS is available in your area.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:51 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
But not everyone wants to dish out 3-4 grand + tuning on a car with a stage 1 kit you know.
what??? don't you own an oil refinery or something?

anyway, unichip does compensate for multiple maps but i am unsure as how effective it would be with a VQVHR ecu as far as tuning options, etc.

why all the sudden interest Sam? are you thinking of a TT set up? why don't you just ship your car to GTM...sell at least 4 camels...it's worth it.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
First of all, happy new year to all you crazy sisters having an e-pillow fight

Can't we just play nice?

2C, you have loads of experience with VQs as you been in their world for a while. But there honestly is a HUGE PROBLEM that needs to be resolved ASAP!! And it's the way you post lol If you don't care to explain, then why say it's **** in the first place. You're bashing a product without bothering to explain why it's ****. It doesn't work like that man. I know I know, this is how you've been posting since the Ice Age, but you need to FIND A SOLUTION BRO! Join AA or something man to help you with the drunk posts hahaha Those who know you sit and laugh on your posts, but the other 99% of the members don't man. That's why they assume you don't know anything or that you're talking BS or carrying forward what you heard from X and Y.

So we need to find a solution for this
Who assume? Just a many few. Hey Sam most of the time I do say why I don't like it and etc, and most of the time because of the way I post it people don't see it that way and only see it as bashing. For instance, for the E-Manage, I stated I known people who had use them and had bad experiences, I have talked to tuners about them and they had bad experienced, heck I wanted to BUY ONE FOR MY G35 CAUSE I WAS A CHEAPAZZ but people/tuners informed me not too. And you say it's 99% members don't? That's a little sarcastic there, more people than you think would take my advice very seriously more than you think.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
And you say it's 99% members don't? That's a little sarcastic there, more people than you think would take my advice very seriously more than you think.
I think I'm one of the 99%. I'd like to take you seriously. I'd like to here what you have to say. I wish you would explain your thought process a little so I know where you are coming from. But when you post the way you do, it's hard for an "old bag" like me to take you serious. Please, take the time to explain things to "idiots" like me so I can learn. That's what I'm here for, I want to learn more about these engines. I want a twin turbo VQ. I want to know what companies to stay away from and which ones work repeatedly. I want to know how to tune these things and what to do it with.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:08 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just need to tone down a bit.... we know that you know quite a bit on various modding topics and posting like you wanna punch your computer screen doesn't help..haha
Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
And you say it's 99% members don't? That's a little sarcastic there, more people than you think would take my advice very seriously more than you think.
I also fall in that 99%. I don't mean no disrespect but I do have a hard time taking your posts seriously because of the way they are written. I typically only pay attention to what you've said after other member clarify and support what you posted.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
I think I'm one of the 99%. I'd like to take you seriously. I'd like to here what you have to say. I wish you would explain your thought process a little so I know where you are coming from. But when you post the way you do, it's hard for an "old bag" like me to take you serious. Please, take the time to explain things to "idiots" like me so I can learn. That's what I'm here for, I want to learn more about these engines. I want a twin turbo VQ. I want to know what companies to stay away from and which ones work repeatedly. I want to know how to tune these things and what to do it with.
cut the crap kevin, you can't afford a TT set up working at McDs...LOL
Old 01-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cvt
cut the crap kevin, you can't afford a TT set up working at McDs...LOL
I steal a little out of the cash register every day. And I gigolo on the side.

Turbo <<< see, I'm keeping it on topic.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by soolman32
I also fall in that 99%. I don't mean no disrespect but I do have a hard time taking your posts seriously because of the way they are written. I typically only pay attention to what you've said after other member clarify and support what you posted.

Wow when people actually asks you nice you stare at the screen and scratch your head....shiet I'm not mad...what do I do now..haha JK, cool guys atleast you said it straight out manorly and properly to a way I cant talk smack to. I just have a REAAAL HARD TIME sugar coating my language LOL. I'm sure many understand right now. To throw it in there, if someone is in socal and THEY KNOW ME, you would notice how barely any or actually none at all in the past has even question my opinions, but of course you guys don't know me so you would only so much to judge, like my language and typing, there-fore I will TRY to tone it down with all due respect for you guys.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:38 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Ok so now that we are clear and I'll have my boy delete some of his posts too.

B0o0 Greddy! Why you taking so long? HAHA I believe that they only have this for the 370z and even then it's not released yet, few more months I believe? G37 Kit needs r&ding still CORRECT ME OF IM WRONG.

Also a customer has contacted me and have purchased a GTM TT Kit through me and dropping his car off. I will forsee his project and stay tune for the thread!! Yes we do offer service to get your G/Z Fi'd, NO PROBLEM. Of course I always recommend everyone to my friend Sam@GTM First
Old 01-02-2010, 11:40 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Ivoid warranties feel free to call me man, I love FI Chit Chat, ask any questions you want, you will find my advice quite very helpful, many have, it's my hobby and what I love to do before I even started my business, and it is what lead me to start my own business, from the crap I went through with bad shops in the past to watching the good people do good work, it INSPIRED ME to work and sell stuff for our cars. It's like yes I get to do things my own way now!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Wow when people actually asks you nice you stare at the screen and scratch your head....shiet I'm not mad...what do I do now..haha JK, cool guys atleast you said it straight out manorly and properly to a way I cant talk smack to. I just have a REAAAL HARD TIME sugar coating my language LOL. I'm sure many understand right now. To throw it in there, if someone is in socal and THEY KNOW ME, you would notice how barely any or actually none at all in the past has even question my opinions, but of course you guys don't know me so you would only so much to judge, like my language and typing, there-fore I will TRY to tone it down with all due respect for you guys.
Much appreciated bro I'll keep an eye on this thread for more info.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:50 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

greddy tt on the g35/350z was pretty badazz, hope they make it the same.

YouTube - PTP Infiniti G35 Greddy Twin Turbo Dyno 450whp

sounds awesome, now imagine on a 3.7L HR Motor
Old 01-05-2010, 09:33 AM
silver g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys enough with childishness.. I really don't want to start banning so let's keep it mature.

Those of you with experience in the e-manage, I'd love to hear your feedback, it's goods and bads. It is a piggyback, but hey it does the job to an extent, especially when you a gulf spec ECU with tuners that can't brake into it.

What kind of limitations does the e-manage impose?
Originally Posted by soolman32
Looks like I joined this party late, but If you guys want info for FI on VQ motors...then no offense you are on the wrong forum. BTW Rider is only trying to help as he has been there done that with FI...and while it seems vague...the advice is good.

Please go to my350Z.com for FI knowledge and use the search button. Also as far as the E-mannage goes...anybody who knows anything about FI on VQ motors knows you don't use the E-mannage. Thats just how it is. If you need explanation...go to my350Z and use the search button. If you want relaibility IMO go with a flash tune...and re-read Sam@GTM's post.

This is a good place to start for FI noobs:

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...for-noobs.html

Quick Reply: Greddy Twin Turbo for the VQ37HR