Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

another G with a dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 PM
nestle_!9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
another G with a dead battery

Had an appointment today with my dealer due to a drain battery , but unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to bring it to them because --- guess what? Car wont start even with jump start cables. The car has died on me 5 times in the last 3 mos. but this is the first time that the battery was completely dead. Usually, I was able to start it with jumper cables.So I called road side assistance and brought the car in the nearest dealership which was INFINITI ESCONDIDO. They did some test with it and to my surprised, They told me that the battery is in good condition, they charged it and told me its ready to be picked up. I told them that something in this car is draining the battery. They just cured the symptom but not the cause itself. I told them what if I will have a long drive in the future and the thought of my car not starting will happen again?

This is what they replied-- Well since this is the first time you brought your car here for this problem, We wont be able to replace your battery under warranty because the test showed that your batt is good. If this is your maybe 2nd or 3rd maybe we will. Its not on black and white that you car failed you 5 times already. -- BS INFINITI

I brought up the clutch chatter as well-- when you depressed the clutch on low speeds and it produces grinding sounds-- Their Reply : All Infinitis have this!! You can drive all the G37 on this lot and they will all produce the same grinding. WHAT??!! a 40 grand car with an additional feature of unwanted noise! ---sigh--
Old 09-18-2009, 10:37 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Sam thing happened with me. Kept telling me it was fine and they re chareged it. After the 3rd time i talked to the service manager and said i wasnt leaving until i get a new batt. Its been fine ever since.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 PM
aznutx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
given it was just ur battery, you should be able to jump the car regardless. just connect to the cables, perhaps it was something else, and everyone has theories on somethign draining the batteries, and i do make it a habit to comment on every dead battery thread i read

i went thru the same thing, thought it was a drain, on my 3rd battery, it's an aftermarket, and have been fine since. so in my conclusions unless this battery craps out in the next year or two, i believe it's horrible crappy infiniti batteries.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:21 AM
nestle_!9

Originally Posted by aznutx
given it was just ur battery, you should be able to jump the car regardless. just connect to the cables, perhaps it was something else, and everyone has theories on somethign draining the batteries, and i do make it a habit to comment on every dead battery thread i read

i went thru the same thing, thought it was a drain, on my 3rd battery, it's an aftermarket, and have been fine since. so in my conclusions unless this battery craps out in the next year or two, i believe it's horrible crappy infiniti batteries.
what afermarket battery did you buy? ,,, arghhhh it sucks though for infiniti to totally ignore my claim for a warranty and they want this thing to happen again to me so they can document that there is really something wrong before they replace my batt
Old 09-19-2009, 12:44 AM
aznutx

optima redtop it actually starts up faster/cleaner than my oem battery ever did
Old 09-19-2009, 01:14 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
my factory battery has been changed once a yr.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:33 AM
nestle_!9

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
my factory battery has been changed once a yr.
for what reason?,,and did the dealership supplied the batt?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:39 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
^mine has no problem, so far 2 of them in 24 months.No reason for it going dead except me leaving on the interior light.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:35 PM
JonfromCB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Battery tips.....make sure the terminal connections are clean and
snug. Pry off the cell caps and fill each cell to the top fill-ring
with distilled water. If you live where it is very hot or cold
buy a battery tender and hook it up once a month or so
overnight for a slow trickle charge to keep it like new
Check your auto light settings and make sure that they
are set for the minimal time you need them to stay on
after you turn your car off.....this can be a big drain
on your battery if you turn your car on and off several
times a day.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:44 PM
bigmike1732

just got my battery replaced yesterday at Infiniti for the same problem so hopefully everything is ok from here on out.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:54 PM
nestle_!9

i dont even turn my headlights to auto, also turned off the dome lights. infiniti FTL
Old 09-19-2009, 02:54 PM
nestle_!9

Originally Posted by bigmike1732
just got my battery replaced yesterday at Infiniti for the same problem so hopefully everything is ok from here on out.
how did the battery test turned out?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:02 PM
bigmike1732

i got a test done at wal mart after the first time it died and it came out saying the battery was fine but it's died three times after that so at the dealership idk if they ran a test but they said even if the battery checked out fine they would replace it i had to pay like $20 so it wasnt bad.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM
joselitopr

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My battery die today for no apparent reason.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 AM
MaxdOut

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Do you guys park with the alarm on? How long does it sit before you drive it? Maybe the factory alarm is draining it.

Do you have the factory shock sensor? There is a TSB that addresses a wiring issue.

How far do you drive it before you park again? Wondering if you drive enough to charge the battery.

Any aftermarket electrical mods or add on (Ipod, radar, new lights etc)? What's the setting on your headlights? By posting more info on daily use or add-ons, you maybe able to see some kind of trend.

Quick Reply: another G with a dead battery