Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Forged Performance: Another G37 TT Install In Progress

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:21 PM
DmfG37sTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either put up a mech material over it or just dont have the inserts themselfs and you should be fine. I dont see a increase in the power for venting your filters. just my opinion.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:30 PM
fireboy

yeah the problem is already fixed i will start a update thread when everything is finished with it...
Old 10-31-2009, 09:52 AM
DmfG37sTT

UPDATE:

So thursday morning I wake up around 3 o clock to get on my plane which leaves at 6 in the morning. After the hour and twenty min plane ride I finally showed up at forged performance. Needless to say my car looks about ten times better in person than any picture can show. I get into the passenger seat with Sharif and away we went. He took is fairly easy up untill the point he went down a backraod and open'd the throttle......
OH...........MY.............JESSUS...............C HRIST........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

At only 7psi with a very very conservitive tune I was down right shocked. The install looks clean and the car has a very stockish feel to it untill you mash the gas. And when the dumps open up its a whole nother car.

My drive home went very well untill I got 40 miles out of FP when my car threw up a MAF code and the car went into limp mode. I turned around and headed back to forged and had all the MAF codes deleted. After that It was easy sailing all the way home. I have not gotten a chance to really see what this thing can do but again im going to wait till i upgrade the exhaust (within the next 2 weeks) and get a more persistant tune. Overall im very happy with how the car turned out and theres still ALOT more power to be had. Its really cold here in saint louis so ill have to wait for track times and videos but ill try to post them as quick as i can before the snow hits MISSOURI!. thanks again for everyones nice words and comments.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:44 PM
fireboy

thats awesome man. really glad you like it to bad you have to get it back and pretty much put it away.. enjoy it while you can for sure... congrats and welcome for sure
Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
My drive home went very well untill I got 40 miles out of FP when my car threw up a MAF code and the car went into limp mode. I turned around and headed back to forged and had all the MAF codes deleted.
Can someone explain that to me. What causes that and how can they be deleted?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:33 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AHHHHH b0o0o0ost its like a drug, it's like i went through rehab and now i want to do it again. Congratz!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:33 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
good question on what cause, but in the end it aint my job to know, as long as the car runs 100% its cool with me deleted is easy, the tuner can do it
Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
UPDATE:

So thursday morning I wake up around 3 o clock to get on my plane which leaves at 6 in the morning. After the hour and twenty min plane ride I finally showed up at forged performance. Needless to say my car looks about ten times better in person than any picture can show. I get into the passenger seat with Sharif and away we went. He took is fairly easy up untill the point he went down a backraod and open'd the throttle......
OH...........MY.............JESSUS...............C HRIST........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

At only 7psi with a very very conservitive tune I was down right shocked. The install looks clean and the car has a very stockish feel to it untill you mash the gas. And when the dumps open up its a whole nother car.

My drive home went very well untill I got 40 miles out of FP when my car threw up a MAF code and the car went into limp mode. I turned around and headed back to forged and had all the MAF codes deleted. After that It was easy sailing all the way home. I have not gotten a chance to really see what this thing can do but again im going to wait till i upgrade the exhaust (within the next 2 weeks) and get a more persistant tune. Overall im very happy with how the car turned out and theres still ALOT more power to be had. Its really cold here in saint louis so ill have to wait for track times and videos but ill try to post them as quick as i can before the snow hits MISSOURI!. thanks again for everyones nice words and comments.
Congrats on the build!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:01 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
According to UpRev, the G37's and the 370's need several MAF codes deleted to insure limp free operation. It's not something they have seen with the 350Z/G35. It's very easy to do through the Pro Tuner software. We can disable any code generated by the ECU.

Basiclly, the MAF sensors sees an abnormal amount of airflow at low engine loads, and thinks there is a problem with the sensor. Once the code is disabled, the problem goes away.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Jumpin800agl

I miss the sound of open dumps. I am glad you are enjoying the car. Can't wait to have mine TT'd again. That first drive is always something special.
UPDATE: