Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

osiris re programing

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Adam what mods do you have on your car? [and please don't tell me you're still waiting on your friend to put that supercharger together lol]
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just got off the phone with Uprev for chits and giggles and it looks like they're only going to be releasing the tuning software for a/f ratio control (same thing Cobb did). There isn't going to be any type of cam timing control as of yet as they're still working on safety and reliability issues (eta is possibly a year). So in this case I can't really foresee Uprev software making anymore then Cobb's since they both offer the same exact tuning control.

So if this is true, in my opinion: Cobb - 1, Uprev - 0
Old 09-03-2009, 12:27 AM
DCook42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Staples
Just got off the phone with Uprev for chits and giggles and it looks like they're only going to be releasing the tuning software for a/f ratio control (same thing Cobb did). There isn't going to be any type of cam timing control as of yet as they're still working on safety and reliability issues (eta is possibly a year). So in this case I can't really foresee Uprev software making anymore then Cobb's since they both offer the same exact tuning control.

I'll second that, as I just happened to have called Uprev 2 days ago (Austin Texas I believe) and the man I spoke to was very knowledgeable and polite; he told me that they are working hard on the G37 product, but it wasn't ready for release soon, and he couldn't give me an ETA. When I asked him if he was aware of these forums he said he was, and he would surely update us all when the time comes.

I told him to hurry!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
todd92

I just talked to UpRev, they don't have the G37 ready, don't really know when they will, and when they release it, it will only be for the 'Pro' tuners, which to me defeats the entire attraction of their system. The last thing I want to do is take my car and have it dyno tuned, it worked extremely well on my Titan with the e-tune, now they are telling me at least a year after the release to the 'Pro' tuners for the standard tune release. There were no 'Pro' tuners when I did my Titan, now suddenly they can't do a tune without one? I am extremely disappointed, to me it seems they signed up these 'Pro' tuners and now have an agreement to steer business thier way. What BS.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM
TIMMAY

Fail....
Old 09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TIMMAY
Fail....
Old 09-11-2009, 01:36 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
FAIL?!? omfg! Newwwwwwwwwwwwbiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees lol jk

Timmay! shut up fooo i know u, ull only let a pro-tuner touch ur car after i explain to u what the process is and what these guys are really talking about lol

Originally Posted by todd92
I just talked to UpRev, they don't have the G37 ready, don't really know when they will, and when they release it, it will only be for the 'Pro' tuners, which to me defeats the entire attraction of their system. The last thing I want to do is take my car and have it dyno tuned, it worked extremely well on my Titan with the e-tune, now they are telling me at least a year after the release to the 'Pro' tuners for the standard tune release. There were no 'Pro' tuners when I did my Titan, now suddenly they can't do a tune without one? I am extremely disappointed, to me it seems they signed up these 'Pro' tuners and now have an agreement to steer business thier way. What BS.
IMO, your car SHOULD BE TUNED BY A PRO-TUNER PERIOD. You can go to GTM right now and in a day you're out with a tune with Osiris. Correct, they are only releasing it for their pro-tuners right now, and to some people they think its a bad thing? I actually think its better, trusting a pro-tuner who knows how to tune, knows what they're doing, and knows how to work around things or make things better if they have to while a tune, cause it's true, no same car is alike even if its the same model!!! They're also doing it for Force Induction now, a bunch of shops around here are tuning FI G/Zs with Osiris and you absolutely need a Pro-Tuner for that too. Im so picky on pro tuners I think half of their pro tuners svck too, i stick to my tuner only, and yet to do it my self or have a loaded map, now that's a nah uh for my car and ecu. Previos Poster, as your car was a Titan, personally if I had a Titan i wouldn't mind doing a E-Tune either its a freaking truck, but for max performance on my G/Z Sport car and seeing how these ECUs react from past experiences trust me ID ONLY LET A PRO TUNER TUNE MY CAR.

Originally Posted by Staples

Cobb - 1......LOL...HELL NO. UpRev > Cobb hands down. Damn man I wish this was on my 350z lmao..only in the g37 forums you'll hear this I guess hahah
Old 09-11-2009, 03:04 PM
TIMMAY

YES.. i only want a pro tune.. =P

i just mean FAIL to the fact that Uprev took so much longer to end up only releasing to consumers the same product COBB has, which is pretty useless as we know haha.. expectations were higher than that.. =i
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
DCook42

So, umm, when and where can I get a proper tune for my G37 near NYC/CT area? I'm getting antsy, please stop me before I buy a cobb.

Is it the VVEL that is making tuning so complicated? What are your thoughts on technosquare, or using the cobb ap with a custom tune? Still no good? Should I just sit tight until the Uprev product is out?

Last edited by DCook42; 09-11-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: added lots of questions cuz i'm a n00b
Old 09-11-2009, 04:53 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649

Cobb - 1......LOL...HELL NO. UpRev > Cobb hands down. Damn man I wish this was on my 350z lmao..only in the g37 forums you'll hear this I guess hahah
Sorry man, but until UpRev releases something that can meet or exceed Cobb, don't claim something is better when it's still vaporwear or just as limited. if anything is a fail, it's not the cobb or uprev, it's the g37 as it is limited from a tuning standpoint. Do we know if anyone has been able to access cam timing via any tuning method? Technosquare?, GTM?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:37 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

And it turns into an UpRev VS. Cobb again..

Dam 2C you're making it sound like UpRev was handing out free tunes to every 350Z from all the love you giving them, reminds me of the love you have for Status Elite (and we all saw how bad those failed lol) You need to chill with all the nut-hugging business you got going on haha

IMO, Cobb was successful enough to come up with an AP and allow custom tuning by pro-tuners and they deserve credit (or at least my respect) for that. All we heard from UpRev so far is talk. What is it they're offering that's so special anyways?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I know of a person who got his 2nd Gen G35 Sedan tuned at GTM with the Uprev and he got gains of about 10-15 hp/tq (can't remember what it was exactly, just know it was in that range) and he had exhaust/intakes/maybe HFC's. His A/F ratio was adjusted and he also has "Valet" mode. The tuning still isn't done yet tho as far as I know. He still has to go back to GTM and finish the tune.

Hopefully he chimes in here because he knows more about it then I do.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gamedog
I know of a person who got his 2nd Gen G35 Sedan tuned at GTM with the Uprev and he got gains of about 10-15 hp/tq (can't remember what it was exactly, just know it was in that range) and he had exhaust/intakes/maybe HFC's. His A/F ratio was adjusted and he also has "Valet" mode. The tuning still isn't done yet tho as far as I know. He still has to go back to GTM and finish the tune.

Hopefully he chimes in here because he knows more about it then I do.
Well a Cobb AP + Custom Tune can do that (and it didn't take them 2 years to release)
Old 09-11-2009, 08:27 PM
adamball89

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Adam what mods do you have on your car? [and please don't tell me you're still waiting on your friend to put that supercharger together lol]
i have a fast intentions exhaust and test pipes and a fujita intake
Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nah I dont nut-hug Status Elite haha hell naw. I just stood by their Intake that it worked and was the loudest, and yes their was a person whom received an intake with a issue and yes we were aware of it. Btw there were 4 Injens that had the same problems for their installs but none were said about that Its not even worthy to even bring up, just fix it and move on.

I speak of UpRev by experience through 350zs and g35s. In the g35 and 350z market no one uses Cobb, and yes there is Cobb available. I guess for now I can only say IMO, but there is no competiton between the 2 for VQs. And tuning area on my350z and g35driver all know this, if you think theres a cobb vs uprev or cobb is better than uprev, its simply You Don't Know. I speak to many tuners myself that tune BOTH and get their infos and opinions also. I don't just form my opinion out of the blues, I observe and learn for my self, and if others hasn't discovered the information I known or seen the evidence to their eyes, i simply don't care, they don't know and that's not my fought lol.

G37Sam if you owned a g35 or 350z in the past, and had ecu things done to it, i guarantee you, you'll choose UpRev over Cobb right now hands down, that's my point. Besides that the AP device is one of the lamest ideas IMO, pre-loaded maps? That's a freaking Joke, many many tuners criticize that shiet, use 1 map for all cars, don't even get me started with that subject lol. Some people find it cool as an option, some people like me find it ghetto and a easy way to make money for the AP.

Quick Reply: osiris re programing