Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

SES light on after tune, error code

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:29 AM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both are pretty new. 3 years ago, there were some good tuners, but no one that could do anything with the ECU. UpRev and Cobb have both popped up recently.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
G37 rider you so are right. lets tell what hes won a uprev that isn't created yet. YEA.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Huh? Do you have an 08? Go get a UpRev Osiris Tune!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:05 PM
RISKY GUY

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
^ Huh? Do you have an 08? Go get a UpRev Osiris Tune!
Great so buy it for me. If its so spetacular how come not one signle person here has it,or with a dyno to go with it. And oh yea I got like 325 to the wheels so I don't need anything from uprev. Thx bye.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

o0o0o you were going against me!!! Was just clarfiying....hrmm ok hahahahahahahaha damnnn...newbie talk...ok..bye!!

Gosh I wish that statement was my350z

hey risky guy, why wont u take a risk and call uprev and ask for some info, ask them and ask them to compare, let them do their jobs, it doesnt hurt to make a phone Call. hahah this fooo
Old 08-07-2009, 03:05 PM
RISKY GUY

Not against you at all. As a matter of fact I'm with you.put up proof of how uprev gives better gains than the cobb does for the forum. Anyone can talk,but I prefer reality.you have it???why not prove me wrong.I know what uprev can do.one of my boys has a g35tt with meth injection putting down 437 to the wheels with osirus,uprev thing.but again not one peeson I know has it.trust me if it was it would be known.as far me the newb comment,I jist don't post alot and said that because I aint herd **** to prove me wrong.btw I have had infinitis before they even made 35s .
Old 08-07-2009, 03:11 PM
jran76

I don't think anyone doubts UpRev is good. The fact is (as I have pointed out before) all flashes should ultimately do the same thing. If the company that produces it does their job, there should be no difference other than the person tuning it (tuning a mildly upgraded car is not rocket science). UpRev, Cobb, and TechnoSquare are all different means to the same end.

I am not sure where the hate for Cobb comes from (G37Rider, I understand you are a big GTM supporter, so I know where you are coming from--I disagree somewhat, but I understand). The fact is, the top GTR tuners are using the Cobb AccessPort to tune their cars. By this I am referring the Sharif and Kenny Tran at JoTech. They know their stuff as well as anyone (Sam and Tadashi anyway), and they have no issues tuning their own personal $100k cars with Cobb. I think that says enough for me.

Is the Cobb perfect right now, no not exactly. Is there really a better solution that someone can prove so with a solid technical argument... no there is not. Personal opinions aside, all 3 are decent options, and all 3 have positives and negatives that make them about the same.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:14 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
Not against you at all. As a matter of fact I'm with you.put up proof of how uprev gives better gains than the cobb does for the forum. Anyone can talk,but I prefer reality.you have it???why not prove me wrong.I know what uprev can do.one of my boys has a g35tt with meth injection putting down 437 to the wheels with osirus,uprev thing.but again not one peeson I know has it.trust me if it was it would be known.as far me the newb comment,I jist don't post alot and said that because I aint herd **** to prove me wrong.btw I have had infinitis before they even made 35s .
I can tell you from my past discussions with G37rider, you are not going to get any type of technical explanation from him. He goes with what GTM does, and that is it. Some people like to come to their own conclusions, and some people are content to listen to others (not that GTM is a bad place to listen to, they are one of the best, but not the only...). The latter sounds like "bahaaaaa bahaaaa" (ok, maybe a poor reference to sheep).....
Old 08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
TravisCOBB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Engineers need a little bit more info on your issue to get a clearer picture of what is going on. By SES do you mean a check engine light, (CEL)? Did you reset the ECU and see if the code comes back? Has the code persisted? Is it still just throwing the light but with no associated code?

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 08-07-2009, 04:11 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by TravisCOBB
The Engineers need a little bit more info on your issue to get a clearer picture of what is going on. By SES do you mean a check engine light, (CEL)? Did you reset the ECU and see if the code comes back? Has the code persisted? Is it still just throwing the light but with no associated code?

Travis
COBB Tuning
On mine it was a "service engine soon" light which is the same thing as a CEL. Mine came on the first time I started my car after Neil (at Cobb in Plano) loaded the stage 1 91 octane map. I didn't notice it for a few minutes, so I did not have them check it out. When I checked the code with the AccessPort it read either C or E1024 (I didn't write is down, but it was one of those). I think it also said ECU DTC, but I could be wrong on that. I reset the ECU, cleared the code out, and I drove for 2 weeks and it did not come back on. I had my car tuned at Cobb 2 days ago, and it still has not come back. You may want to check with the guys Cobb in Plano to see if it came back on when they loaded maps during the tuning process. Unfortunately, I was not there when it was tuned.

In my case it does not seemed that it has caused any issues. The car feels great. I am actually much more interested in you guys figuring something out with the ignition timing (and maybe even the VVEL someday). The fact is the AccessPort cannot be used on highly modified cars until the is some form of ignition control.... Just my $.02....

Last edited by jran76; 08-07-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:36 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

jran76 ill pm u soon if anything with my experiences. And yes you do pin point me correctly, tuning is like a god, which religion and bible you want to study to understand it, and my book is gtm hahaha. I respect your opinion also. And sometimes nothing technical comes out of me is because I simply do not care. As risky guy stated, prove me wrong, so until then I'll just state and criticize and move on and not care until I bring my ends on proof.

As for a truth reason why I cant do tuning and others right now is im working on many other important projects for the car, rather then tuning it and going tt/sc and enter the boost talks, that was my last route, taking the car on a different road this time.