Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Not pushing the clutch all the way to the floor????

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:26 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by | 1cleanG |
This is what I was wondering ....obviously if EVERYONE feels the EXACT SAME WAY about the clutch engagement, there's GOT TO BE a remidy or aftermarket clutch or flywheel that solves the jerkiness? I got my G last week and thought to myself "did I really get WORSE at driving a MT?"

Its atleast comforting to know that this IS an issue with the car.

SO...the answer is, yes aftermarket clutches/flywheels help???
A good clutch and upgraded slave cylinder helps tremendously. I can't drive the stock set-up well either. The OE pressure plate blows.

If you upgrade the clutch and not the slave the stock plastic clutch slave will die soon after as it is a very weak unit.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 PM
3BEP6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't they realize its a weak slave? Whats the point to install it(weak slave) anyway?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
thanks for the feedback guys. Was a few days since i've come back to check this thread (obviously..lol)
Old 12-06-2010, 09:07 AM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TomG37
I know alot of people have posted about the clutch being a little tricky, and I have to agree. No matter how hard I try, I just can not shift perfect in this car without the car bucking a little. I know its not me because I have no trouble driving other MT cars. I find when I press the clutch all the way to the floor the car is jerky when I let it out.

Just this past week I have not been pressing the clutch all the way to the floor. I have been pushing it down a little more than half way and then putting it into the next gear. The shifts are much smoother, and I do not get any bucking. I just worry that I'm going to ruin the clutch/transmission by doing this. I do not get any griding or abnormal sounds, so I assume its okay.

Any input on this would be great.

Thanks,

Tom

im the same way Tom, ive been driving stick for years and still cant shift 100% smoothly with mine G. Also, i found that at higher rev (3K-4K regular driving), it is much smoother...well i think it's telling us to drive it like it suppose to be driven....