Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb AccessTuner Race Tuning Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have not had one issue with the accessport by itself. The pre-loaded maps are junk, but I have never had issues with my car not starting. I'm getting a custom tune tomorrow morning with the accesstuner, so once that happens ill post the results in a seperate thread.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:38 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome, I've heard the custom tune can really unleash the HP when you have all the bolt-ons
Old 07-16-2009, 06:17 PM
TravisCOBB

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
It's not a tough crowd, it's just the my350z and g35driver style crowd, g37 will not survive being in those forums with their stupid intake questions etc. But now we bring it over here and educated and expand.

jran76, I respect your opinion. Fvck it and I spit on Cobb. I am directing toward their hand-held gadget more than their tuner software, ran into TOO MANY issues with that piece of shiet thing, and had post about it in many threads and talk to many people about them during meets here in SoCal. Care to have any insight? Nah too lazy, they got you for that and you seem to do a good job anyways I still stand next to my options, I can't find 1 good reason to go with Cobb, especially after the poor job they did on creating the hand-held system and it's features, stupid azz pre-loaded maps. And what sup with the issues of people's cars not starting after un-installing it? HAHAHA damnn
What issues did you have with the AccessPORT? We have not had any reports of cars not starting after returning cars back to stock. If you interrupt the reflash process you can damage your ECU, but that can happen with any tuning device that uses a stock ECU.

What were your specific complaints about the features on the AccessPORT? Was it too difficult for you to use and navigate? Were you using the proper calibration for your modifications?

We value you your input in making our product better.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 07-16-2009, 07:05 PM
willizm

I had mine tuned yesturday and the main issue we had is the race software did not allow my tuner to get access to any cam timing. Is there a reason for this?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
It's not a tough crowd, it's just the my350z and g35driver style crowd, g37 will not survive being in those forums with their stupid intake questions etc. But now we bring it over here and educated and expand.

jran76, I respect your opinion. Fvck it and I spit on Cobb. I am directing toward their hand-held gadget more than their tuner software, ran into TOO MANY issues with that piece of shiet thing, and had post about it in many threads and talk to many people about them during meets here in SoCal. Care to have any insight? Nah too lazy, they got you for that and you seem to do a good job anyways I still stand next to my options, I can't find 1 good reason to go with Cobb, especially after the poor job they did on creating the hand-held system and it's features, stupid azz pre-loaded maps. And what sup with the issues of people's cars not starting after un-installing it? HAHAHA damnn
What is wrong with this person? Are they 12 years old? These sorts of responses are the reason I tend to stay off these forums - there are so many unreasonable, immature and just plain bizarre posters. For God's sake, shut up! I don't even care about this thread, and I coulc care less about this whole freaking tuner vs. tuner war that's played out every day on countless other forums, but this individual's responses are just so out-of-line -- it's like listening to a little kid getting mad about his favorite video game. Get a life man. There's more to this world then defending your honor on an obscure car forum.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:00 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ahahahahahah oh damn this shiet is cracking me up. I guess the way I say things are so criticizing and impulsive it rises people's hair hahaha all good man, if you dont like what I say so be it, dont tell me to shut up and dont whine about it, if you dont respect it i dont respect you either, and if you could care less than get da fvck out cuz i dont care bout u either, not attacking me with criticizing comments that is not even needed, anybody have a problem with me can meet up at socal meet and discuss things and share opinions and knowledge, simple as that.

Travis all problems have been dealt with which made me choose my decision, I can talk to you over PM etc if anything. One thing was I was fed up with every pre-loaded map running the car rich, counltess of people who un-installed the access port claimed their car ran better and smoother after. To many people in this forum with their opinions for me to even care if they like their product or not, I expressed mine, and done deal, read and move on. Atleast you try to step in and say something, I could respect that.

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 07-16-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 PM
tg20

a friend of mine has a g35 and used the accessport will it fit on our 37s also?? is there a certain amount of times u can use it?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:34 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by TJHG37S
Awesome, I've heard the custom tune can really unleash the HP when you have all the bolt-ons
T, you know the mods I have.
I got some insane gains,around 65hp So if they could just unlock the timing & ignition,we be chillin.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tg20
a friend of mine has a g35 and used the accessport will it fit on our 37s also?? is there a certain amount of times u can use it?
The G35 accessport is incompatible with the G37 since it has a different ECU and roms. You can install and uninstall the AP as many times as you want.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
I got some insane gains,around 65hp
Man stop running around the forums saying that people are going to think you're boosted haha j/k

On a serious note though, can you point out the dyno graph that says that? I looked in your cobb tuned thread by Chamelion and here's the dynograph:

I see 30s-40s range
Old 11-17-2009, 06:52 AM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
T, you know the mods I have.
I got some insane gains,around 65hp So if they could just unlock the timing & ignition,we be chillin.
Some of us need to stop using their calculator to add up horsepower totals off the side of the box
Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally cannot uninstall the AP cause when I do the car will not run. It starts hard and then has no throttle. Then I put the stage one map back on the car and it runs fine. What should I try next? I need to uninstall it so I can bring it to the dealer for window work.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by whiddles
I personally cannot uninstall the AP cause when I do the car will not run. It starts hard and then has no throttle. Then I put the stage one map back on the car and it runs fine. What should I try next? I need to uninstall it so I can bring it to the dealer for window work.

Call Cobb and ask them, seriously. 40k car takes a shiet over a 600 dollar gadget

This is what I was warning people about.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
SilverBullet

Let me know what they say.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ill call now.

Quick Reply: Cobb AccessTuner Race Tuning Thread