Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

What dealership did you go to for the TSB Transmission fix.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
RotaryRevn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KLB
That sounds like BS to me. Why would a xS have different shift points than an 37x? It is supposed to be for all 7AT vehicles, not just sport G37s.

Applied Vehicles:

2009 G37 Sport Sedan (V36) 2WD and 4WD
2009 G37 Sport Coupe (V36) 2WD and 4WD
2009 FX35 (S51) 2WD
2009 FX35/50 (S51) AWD
2009 M35 (Y50) 2WD Only

Applied Transmission: 7AT ONLY

My dealer applied the TSB to my G37x. It was at no cost, so in their eyes my car qualified for the TSB.

If you tell your dealer you have an issue, they should want to fix it. At least if they know what customer service is they would.
I'm willing to bet that if the tsb didn't apply to your car, the cars computer probably wouldn't even except it. just a guess
Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Riley
Registered Member

I wonder if it's a difference between a manadatory TSB and an optional....

Optional meaning that it doesn't HAVE to be done, only if a customer complains. They run the check and it's only telling them about manadatory updates.

Either way, it's nuts and no excuse. Come on Infiniti, let's get it together.....
Old 07-13-2009, 02:04 AM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ok .. if no love from Lisle -- will definitely go to Fields -- sadly Lisle gave me a much better deal on my G37 -- it's funny how things work out...
Old 07-13-2009, 08:04 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
ok .. if no love from Lisle -- will definitely go to Fields -- sadly Lisle gave me a much better deal on my G37 -- it's funny how things work out...
I guess that is the difference between trying to get a sale and wanting to take care of and keep your customers.

I gather you must be more on the North side of town.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:16 AM
brynomon

Well I had the opposite experience. At Lisle I got a pompous, unknowledgeable, uncooperative *****. On the xS they gave me 1k under retail. Again if you go to fields ask for Anibel.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:56 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KLB
I guess that is the difference between trying to get a sale and wanting to take care of and keep your customers.

I gather you must be more on the North side of town.
Not too sure what a particular "side of chicage" has to do with this? And no, you're absolutely wrong, I don't live on the "northside"

Will give Lisle a try, then try Fields. And we all know, we've been buying cars for years and shopping for 'em for even longer, you never always get the best deal at any one place, each salesperson is different and can totally represent the stealership in a certain way.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:10 PM
cre333

I had mine done at Infiniti of Hoffman Estates. Soooo much better now that I've had it done!! I went in and spoke to the Service Manager, and he knew exactly what I was talking about. He said they had to have the technician run the number for the ECM and if the number matched the one that is on the bulletin, they could perform the transmission update without a problem. He said it would take approximately 1-1.5 hours to complete. I waited for it, got the car back clean and it felt like a completely new car with the update done. I will continue to go there instead of Infiniti of Lisle

Last edited by cre333; 07-13-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:47 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I brought my car in today (Southwest Infiniti). They said the same thing like L-GT said: the TSB is for a G37 sedan with sport package. They said somebody came in last yesterday and asked for the same thing. I figured that was L-GT

So either Infiniti needs to be more clear on the description, or I need to call other dealerships. The engine braking and rough downshift issue is particularly annoying in traffic.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:58 PM
cre333

According to Infiniti of Hoffman Estates, it does not matter if it is a G37, G37 Journey, G37x, G37S or G37xS, as long as it has the 7 speed automatic. The only thing they have to do is run the code to see if the bulletin applies. The bulletin, according to the service manager, mentions both RWD and AWD vehicles, but states nothing about whether it has the sport package or not. He says he has a 2009 G37x non-sport and had the procedure done to his car and it made a huge difference. According to him, the only difference with the transmission on sport package cars vs non-sport package cars is that the sport package models have the paddle shifters. Otherwise, the transmission is the same. The control units for the AWD cars are different, but they are still able to be reprogrammed with the update. He says this bulletin applies to the G37 coupe and G37x couple as well, and the G37x coupe is not even offered in the sport package.
He also says that this available for the FX35/50 and the M35 RWD as well.

Last edited by cre333; 07-13-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:03 PM
hadokenuh

Originally Posted by cre333
According to Infiniti of Hoffman Estates, it does not matter if it is a G37, G37 Journey, G37x, G37S or G37xS, as long as it has the 7 speed automatic. The only thing they have to do is run the code to see if the bulletin applies. The bulletin, according to the service manager, mentions both RWD and AWD vehicles, but states nothing about whether it has the sport package or not. He says he has a 2009 G37x non-sport and had the procedure done to his car and it made a huge difference. According to him, the only difference with the transmission on sport cars vs non-sport cars is that the sport package models have the paddle shifters. Otherwise, the transmission is the same. The control units for the AWD cars are different, but they are still able to be reprogrammed with the update.

That's exactly our consensus on this forum. The TSB is for 7AT but some dealerships just keep saying otherwise or are not willing to find out.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:29 PM
RotaryRevn

I hope you guys having problems are able to get it. My G37 Sedan does not have the sports package but after arguing with the service advisor for an hour, she finally let them take the car back. 3 hours later, she tells me that its done. It drives much better.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM
hadokenuh

RotaryRevn: on what points did you argue with the service advisor that she agreed to have them look at the car?

Is there like a "head" technician at each dealership who knows technical stuff? I am jealous with those who were able to get the update
Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 PM
RotaryRevn

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
RotaryRevn: on what points did you argue with the service advisor that she agreed to have them look at the car?

Is there like a "head" technician at each dealership who knows technical stuff? I am jealous with those who were able to get the update
I had the print out of the tsb in hand. She stated that I did not have the sports package so it did not apply. I said that the TSB does not state that it only applies to vehicles with sports package, and that all g37's had the same transmission. The TSB says "G37 sports sedan" which is what the g37 is, sports package or not. I told her that I have friends (guys from this forum) that had this tsb applied to thier cars and they don't have the sports package either. I told her to just hook it up to the machine and they will see that it applies. Finally I think she just got tired of me arguing with her about it (and she thought she would prove me wrong) so she let them take it back. a few hours later, it was done and drives much better.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 PM
KLB

Not too sure what a particular "side of chicage" has to do with this? And no, you're absolutely wrong, I don't live on the "northside"

Will give Lisle a try, then try Fields. And we all know, we've been buying cars for years and shopping for 'em for even longer, you never always get the best deal at any one place, each salesperson is different and can totally represent the stealership in a certain way.
Because if you are more South, I would suggest trying Orland Park. Up to you.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:49 AM
cre333

I contacted the Service Manager at Infiniti of Hoffman Estates and gave him this website. He said he would look at it, but would also inform his Infiniti Reps of the misunderstanding. He said she should be able to have corporate send something to the dealers about this bulletin making it clear that it applies to all G37 Sedan & Coupe models equipped with the 7-speed Automatic.

Quick Reply: What dealership did you go to for the TSB Transmission fix.