Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

What dealership did you go to for the TSB Transmission fix.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:14 AM
RotaryRevn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gmahn
Got mine today @ Cerritos Infiniti. G37 sedan 2wd (No "S" or "X"). Really smoothes things out.
Could you please give me the contact info for the person that helped you at Cerritos? I took my g37 there a month ago and they didn't have a clue about it. I even spoke with the head of the service dept. very nice guy but he said that he couldn't find any updates for the car. Also if you have a tsb number or something? thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 08:38 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by RotaryRevn
Could you please give me the contact info for the person that helped you at Cerritos? I took my g37 there a month ago and they didn't have a clue about it. I even spoke with the head of the service dept. very nice guy but he said that he couldn't find any updates for the car. Also if you have a tsb number or something? thanks
The update wasn't out a month ago. The TSB is listed in a couple of threads on this forum.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry im a noob what is this fix for?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:47 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
never mind i got it. i have an 08 no need for me to worry sorry guys
Old 07-09-2009, 10:22 AM
the.tarzan

Is the ITB09-032 available in canadian dealer?

I have a service scheduled for tomorrow... and I want to know what I must ask them to do.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:28 AM
KLB

I contacted the service department ahead of time and gave them the TSB. Then told them my car was downshifting hard. That was all it took in my case.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:23 AM
RotaryRevn

Cerritos Infinity Service Dept Sucks

Cerritos CA infinity is horrible!!!! I went there AGAIN (2nd time) regarding the TSB. The service writer lady knew absolutely nothing about cars. (I personally don't know why she is working there). I give her a detailed description of what the symtoms of the car are to include rough shifting, hard downshifts, engine braking ect. She simply writes "car surging" on my ticket. I had to argue with her for an hour just to convince her to let a tech take my car back. I had the damn official TSB bulleton in my hand after printing it out from here
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=550499 . For some reason, she wanted to argue with me telling me it was not for my car. I have a 2009 g37 sedan. The bulleton says "2009 sport sedan" , the official name for our cars. She kept saying, "you don't have the sports package, this only applies to cars with the sports package". She even called over a salesman infront of me and asked him if my car had the sports package. He also said no, you don't have the sports package, this tsb does not apply. Does that bulleton say sports PACKAGE????!!!! I was begging and pleading for her to please let a tech hook it up to the machine and they will see that the tsb applies. She even said feel free to get a second opinion at another dealership! Anyways, after almost having a coronary, finally she said she would let a tech take it back.

A few hours later, guess what, the TSB was for my car! I bought this car at Cerritos so I figured I'd let them do the service on it. That is absolutely the last time I deal with that service dept. I'm taking it to Mission Viejo from now on. Those service writers are horrible and know nothing about mechanics of a car, or customer service for that matter.

BTW, the car drives like a dream now.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:06 AM
KLB

Cerritos CA infinity is horrible!!!! I went there AGAIN (2nd time) regarding the TSB. The service writer lady knew absolutely nothing about cars. (I personally don't know why she is working there). I give her a detailed description of what the symtoms of the car are to include rough shifting, hard downshifts, engine braking ect. She simply writes "car surging" on my ticket. I had to argue with her for an hour just to convince her to let a tech take my car back. I had the damn official TSB bulleton in my hand after printing it out from here
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=550499 . For some reason, she wanted to argue with me telling me it was not for my car. I have a 2009 g37 sedan. The bulleton says "2009 sport sedan" , the official name for our cars. She kept saying, "you don't have the sports package, this only applies to cars with the sports package". She even called over a salesman infront of me and asked him if my car had the sports package. He also said no, you don't have the sports package, this tsb does not apply. Does that bulleton say sports PACKAGE????!!!! I was begging and pleading for her to please let a tech hook it up to the machine and they will see that the tsb applies. She even said feel free to get a second opinion at another dealership! Anyways, after almost having a coronary, finally she said she would let a tech take it back.

A few hours later, guess what, the TSB was for my car! I bought this car at Cerritos so I figured I'd let them do the service on it. That is absolutely the last time I deal with that service dept. I'm taking it to Mission Viejo from now on. Those service writers are horrible and know nothing about mechanics of a car, or customer service for that matter.

You should complain to the service manager and the general manager there. It is ridiculus that you had to argue with them to get them to even look at it.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:31 AM
timcodon

That's terrible of that "service advisor". I never think of them that high myself either. I know some of them didn't even HAVE detail knowledge of cars, and had to rely heavily on their techs. But, I wouldn't it would be as bad as how you described. So, becasue of that, I printed out the TSB, and personally brought it to the service advisor even a few days again of time. And hopefully, he can talk to the tech ahead of time, and be aware of the TSB, and do it right. I can only hope they will do it right.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:23 PM
L-GT

Southwest Infiniti, in Houston, TX. They told me that the update did not apply to me, so I guess I'll have to wait until that is revised or another update comes out.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 PM
KLB

It is amazing how many dealers are giving people a hassle about this. The 7AT is the same in all versions of the G37. What do they think the difference is between a G37x and a G37xS anyway? The sport appearance really makes a big difference in the way the transmission works.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:56 AM
L-GT

From what I was told, the part # of the TCU is different for a G37 and a G37S or G37 w/ sports package. I think the tech mentioning there's different shift points and what not. When he plugged in whatever device he used and pulled up my part number, it didn't show any updates available, so thats why he told me it was not applicable to just a normal g37 sedan.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
KLB

Originally Posted by L-GT
From what I was told, the part # of the TCU is different for a G37 and a G37S or G37 w/ sports package. I think the tech mentioning there's different shift points and what not. When he plugged in whatever device he used and pulled up my part number, it didn't show any updates available, so thats why he told me it was not applicable to just a normal g37 sedan.
That sounds like BS to me. Why would a xS have different shift points than an 37x? It is supposed to be for all 7AT vehicles, not just sport G37s.

Applied Vehicles:

2009 G37 Sport Sedan (V36) 2WD and 4WD
2009 G37 Sport Coupe (V36) 2WD and 4WD
2009 FX35 (S51) 2WD
2009 FX35/50 (S51) AWD
2009 M35 (Y50) 2WD Only

Applied Transmission: 7AT ONLY

My dealer applied the TSB to my G37x. It was at no cost, so in their eyes my car qualified for the TSB.

If you tell your dealer you have an issue, they should want to fix it. At least if they know what customer service is they would.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
RotaryRevn

its too bad infinity headquarters doesn't drop in here and see all the hassles these dealers are giving us. I personally don't know how this tranny ever passed the test drives that these engineers are supposed to do? The shifting prior to the tsb was absolutely horrible.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:04 PM
RotaryRevn

Originally Posted by L-GT
Southwest Infiniti, in Houston, TX. They told me that the update did not apply to me, so I guess I'll have to wait until that is revised or another update comes out.

I would recommend contacting Infinity here:

http://www.infinitiusa.com/iapps/contactus/recall

write them, let them know of your tranny problems and ask them if the tsb is for your car.

Quick Reply: What dealership did you go to for the TSB Transmission fix.