Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 Transmission Issues with 4th -> 3rd Downshift

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:23 PM
kushBLAZER84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ILLI_G37
No, I did not mention TSB. I was hoping they know about the problem and aknowledge the issue once I describe whats happening. I will go there today with TSB printout and see what they say. But I have a feeling that I will have a hard time convincing them that this TSB is applicable to my car.
Let me know how things turn out for you bro. I bought mine from Beaverton Infiniti also, soo if they are able to update for you I'll be bringing mine in.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:58 PM
RotaryRevn

Lets just hope this first TSB was not the last one that Infinity will come out with. I would imagine there might be someone from Infinity lurking on these forums reading our complaints. I hope so.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 PM
w0ady

ya i hope infinitI comes out with some tsb's too.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:07 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
Mine's in today for the first service. I brought a copy of the TSB and the service advisor acted as if he never heard of this but I get the sense that most of the service advisors are more to be customer service types with limited technical knowledge. The best thing to do is explain the problem you're seeing and let them document it.

We'll see what happens. I don't find my downshifts to be that harsh and they seem to have gotten much smoother over time - I now have almost 4K miles. But there's no way my car was manufactured after April as some have claimed is when the new S/W was loaded at the factory since it is was sitting on a lot in mid to late April.

BTW the actual date of manufacture is not stamped (I can't find it) on the silver tag in the engine compartment. I would assume that the last 6 digits of the VIN can tell you that if you know the range of cars made or can map some of those digits to a week number. Anyone know?
No update required for mine - it was up-to-date. My downshifts have never been as harsh as many here have experienced so that makes sense.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:15 AM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I am experiencing the same symptoms. I can't wait to take my car in to have this corrected.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:45 AM
ILLI_G37

Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
No update required for mine - it was up-to-date. My downshifts have never been as harsh as many here have experienced so that makes sense.
So when was your car manufactured?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:56 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ILLI_G37
So when was your car manufactured?
If the sticker on the door jamb makes sense I recall it shows an '08 date but I need to recheck. As I noted before, there's no way it was manufactured after April '09 because it was on a lot when I first started searching inventory in mid-late April.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:45 AM
JMillerFL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Contacted Orlando Infiniti and the service manager Mike proceeded to tell me there is no TSB for my car and that I should not believe what I see on the internet. I explained to him that I had a copy of a TSB put out by Infiniti regarding the issue of the harsh 4-3 downshift. He said it is just the way the car is designed and it is doing what it is supposed to do.

I gave him my VIN and he said he was going to research this and he will let me know on Monday. I called him back and left a vm with the info off the TSB.

What is funny is that I called Infiniti of Tampa and they knew about the TSB and there was no issue about getting it in for the update. My problem is I live 2 hours out of Tampa and I will not be over there again anytime soon.

Also, my car ws built in May 09.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Riley
Registered Member

Well Mike is an idiot and also Infiniti should update the TSB to clarify it's all G37 models with the 7-AT.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JMillerFL
Contacted Orlando Infiniti and the service manager Mike proceeded to tell me there is no TSB for my car and that I should not believe what I see on the internet. I explained to him that I had a copy of a TSB put out by Infiniti regarding the issue of the harsh 4-3 downshift. He said it is just the way the car is designed and it is doing what it is supposed to do.
You really should call or email Infiniti and let them know about this uninformed person in their service dept. Still have not done mine. Car has only 2800 miles.

My wife recently drove the car for the first time last week while on vacation and she had no problems with that issue.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 AM
JohnsG37x

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
TSB applied!

I had the tsb applied at Holman Infiniti in Maple Shade New Jersey when I was there for my oil change. The car is definitely smoother now when slowing down from 4th to 3rd.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:05 PM
joey'g37

i just called my local dealership which i bought my car from, and they said they totally never heard about this before... We were having an argument about 15 mins long, and then we finally end up that they will charge me $150 for just check the car if this is apply to what i explained to them... I am located in the Bay Area, CA

Last edited by joey'g37; 08-14-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 PM
MaxdOut

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joey'g37
i just called my local dealership which i bought my car from, and they said they totally never heard about this before... And we were having a argument about 15 mins long, and the we end up they will charge me $150 for just check the car if this is apply to what i explained to them... I am located in the Bay Area, CA
F-that, Call Infiniti Consumer affairs and report thier @ss. There trying to make a buck off you for warrenty work.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
briansj

Originally Posted by joey'g37
i just called my local dealership which i bought my car from, and they said they totally never heard about this before... And we were having a argument about 15 mins long, and the we end up they will charge me $150 for just check the car if this is apply to what i explained to them... I am located in the Bay Area, CA
which Bay Area Infiniti dealer is it ?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:02 AM
joey'g37

Originally Posted by briansj
which Bay Area Infiniti dealer is it ?
Peninsula Infiniti @ Redwood City
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quick Reply: G37 Transmission Issues with 4th -> 3rd Downshift