Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

SES Light Second weekend in a row

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009 | 08:47 PM
erasat

SES Light Second weekend in a row

Hi Guys.

This is the 2nd weekend in a row that my SES has been triggered, last weekend my car was parked for 2.5 days, when I turned it on Sunday night the SES was on. When I checked with my Scanner it gave me the Code P0456 (Evaporative Emission System). It was weird because last time I filled my car with gas was 8 days before, only thing was that past weekend temperatures were up to 95 degrees basically all weekend. SO I assumed that it was only some gases created in my tank because of the heat and I erased the code.

Well, the car ran without SES all week, last night I used my car and came about 11 PM, this morning by 11:00 AM with temperatures higher than 90 again, I turned on my car and there it was again, checked the code and P0456 again, so I opened and reclosed fuel tank, erase the code and so far no SES again.

Question; what do you all think?, Problem is that with my Intake and Greddy Exhaust, a SES is a pain to go to the dealer to claim, I know that if the SES it's not related to any of my mods, they shouldn't matter, but my only local Infiniti Dealer, doesn't like mods too much, I went for an oil change and they asked me about the mods, so I'm wondering if with 2 SES in a row, it may be a faulty oxygen sensor, in that case, do you think I should remove my intakes and install the OEM back to get service? I'm not changing exhaust, so most I will do is reinstall OEM intake.

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2009 | 09:42 PM
Gyoza

gas cap I bet...
Old 06-20-2009 | 09:45 PM
erasat

So do you mean that the Gas Cap is bad?
Old 06-20-2009 | 10:00 PM
djm17178

Dunno, but my brand new G just gave me the same code last week. I cleared it (via the gas pedal reset method) and it hasn't come back. Everyone said it was my gas cap too, but it had been about a week since I had filled up with gas and I was still at a 1/4 tank.