Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Insurance question

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:33 PM
thegad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Insurance question

Sadly, my G had to spend the first 10 months of its life parked on the street. It's finally moving to a nice covered garage, but the damage is done. Currently I have:

-A 1-2" crack on the bottom right side of the rear bumper. I almost flipped out when I saw this one. Never again will I park overnight in the Mission while visiting SF.
-A very light 2-3" scratch on the passenger side of the car that magically appeared recently
-Some curb rash on the two passenger side rims (gf isn't the best parallel parker at night)

Now that my car will be safe and sound every night I want to get everything fixed properly. Is the best bet to file an insurance claim, pay the deductible and have everything fixed that way (and will that raise my insurance rates)? I have a clean driving record (no tickets, no accidents, although the gf did get in a minor fender bender in my old maxima which I suspect goes on my record). If I can just pay $500 and get the bumper/rims/scratch all cleaned up that would be wonderful.

I'm excited about getting everything fixed, then I'm going to spend a weekend painstakingly detailing it, with a little luck it will look even better than it did brand new =)

thanks for input!

Last edited by thegad; 06-07-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
curbage is about $400 to fix from a decent wheel fix vendor, the rear bumper if it's cracked, you might need to replace it w/ a new one for around $600 painted... your best bet for the rear bumper is to find one already painted and used.

insurance probably won't cover curbed wheels
Old 06-08-2009, 01:18 AM
TopTech

i tried to get multiple repairs done once. the shop said that a deductible would apply to each specific area that was damaged. and i doubt that the wheels would be covered anyway.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:27 AM
thegad

I figured the wheels wouldn't be covered, but my biggest concern is that there will be multiple deductibles for the scratch and the crack.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 AM
mindonmatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thegad
....my biggest concern is that there will be multiple deductibles for the scratch and the crack.
I know from experience that will be the case. Seperate claim/deductible for each incident.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:34 AM
BPASoCal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe its a waste of money but I pay for aftermarket wheel insurance its not much more a year but def worth it old ladies ran you into a center divider!