Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Eveyrthing is all F*********!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
U forgot about your warranty? Holy crap Infiniti probably prays for more consumers like you! lol...ust messin.

For real doe - just have Infiniti take care of it. If its a continued problem, or they are too slow or problematic in fixing it - you can always call Infiniti Consumer Affairs and get higher ups involved. Be aggressive.
hahaha... how do you forget about your warranty on a brand new car hhhhhhhahahaa. I know the cause of your problem.. it's not the alternator. You drive an automatic... if you had a stick you would not have any of this electrical problems like the rest of us fast and the furious G owners. Did you see Brian O' Connor having electrical problems when going 556 MPH in his 4 banger? noooooooo
Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^lololol
Old 04-27-2009, 09:34 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

I had the inverter hardwired with one of those Add-A-Circuit fuses with some 18 Gauge wire. I didn't secure the wire good enough and it caused a short in the line and would constantly go on and off.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
I had the inverter hardwired with one of those Add-A-Circuit fuses with some 18 Gauge wire. I didn't secure the wire good enough and it caused a short in the line and would constantly go on and off.
that still shouldn't cause your engine to lose power. most likely it'll just burn up your fuse or your car.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 PM
yacoub

Sometimes when you're in a panic you forget obvious things. Also everyone saying "you should have called roadside assistance" must have missed where he said his cellphone was dead.
Not that I don't agree he could have borrowed a phone to call them, just that it sounds like you are being a bit harsh toward him.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:22 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

Originally Posted by yacoub
Sometimes when you're in a panic you forget obvious things. Also everyone saying "you should have called roadside assistance" must have missed where he said his cellphone was dead.
Not that I don't agree he could have borrowed a phone to call them, just that it sounds like you are being a bit harsh toward him.
To me it really doesn't matter. I don't take things personal on the internet cause it's just the internet. I'm more concerned with my car to notice those silly comments. Thanks though

When something like this happens the first thing to come to my mind isn't, "Oh I got my warranty and everything is good". I'm more worried about how the hell is a 4 month old car already having a serious problem like this. I knew the service dep was closed too so the next thing on my mind was forget the dealer right now cause it's Sunday. Third thing is how the hell will I get to the side of the road with the traffic backed up like this.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
What size fuse is in the death contraption you wired up?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:13 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pics?

Hopefully it all gets fixed and covered under warranty.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 AM
iLlmAtIc21390

Good news! Coil was replaced. Mechanic says that it caused one of the cylinders to malfunction and everything is better than ever. I tipped the mechanic for providing me with excellent service and a clear summary of what was going on. Thumbs up for Infiniti of Manhattan

Bad news for my mom though. Today she was driving her 04 Nissan quest 3.5SE and broke down. Has to be towed to Koeppel Nissan to be serviced due to a rusty corroded ECM. Outer casing is totally rusted BTW. Turns out Nissan placed it near the power steering right next to the strut tower and can rust and corrode very easily. $1300 out of the azzz

Last edited by iLlmAtIc21390; 04-28-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Infinite G37S

Ok just the other day this all started. I came outside in the morning to pull my G into the driveway for a wash. Anyways I push the start button and it sounded like it didn't want to start, even though it did. So I thought maybe the battery is having a problem and I just ignored it. I drove on the highway for a while and all was fine for the past 2-3 days. Anyways I went out today, and while I was driving on the Long Island expressway and I started losing power and everything was vibrating and shaking and the car didn't want to go even when pushing the accelerator and then the battery light came on then went off and that's when the service engine soon light came on and started flashing while all the vibrating is going on.

So when I get caught in heavy traffic my G37 stops on me dead on the expressway, and I have to start it up again. My cell phone was dead so I couldn't call for help. I had to start it up and drive it all the way home with it loosing power. So I got it to the shop with my mechanic just about two hours ago and he tested the battery and it tested good. He said it's possibly the alternator. We smelled a buring smell coming from the compartment, but it wasn't the engine. So anyways I have to leave it over there for a day until they order the new part and hope to god that's the problem, if not I would of taken it to the dealer but service isn't open today.

Any ideas guys? I was so embarrased today cause people on the expressway are looking at me like "Oh look the guy is driving a New Infiniti and it's already broken down".

Is it possible to have ruin the engine driving it home like that loosing power? I feel like crying right now!! My baby!
Sounds like it might be low on gas

Dude, you need to relax, next time anything happens, take it to the dealer, drop it off, tell them you need a rental and call you when its done..... sounds pretty easy, ha?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:31 PM
brynomon

Originally Posted by Infinite G37S
Sounds like it might be low on gas

Dude, you need to relax, next time anything happens, take it to the dealer, drop it off, tell them you need a rental and call you when its done..... sounds pretty easy, ha?
I know the pains myself (got stuck on Michigian Ave. in Chicago in my 04 Maxima) but I relaxed, called a tow, then worried a little bit and said forgetabout it. It was then that I decided a car with included roadside maintenance etc was a good idea.

So why didn't you just pull over and call inifiniti roadside assistance? Thats what its there for and what you paid for.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 PM
pclement

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good news! Coil was replaced. Mechanic says that it caused one of the cylinders to malfunction and everything is better than ever. I tipped the mechanic for providing me with excellent service and a clear summary of what was going on. Thumbs up for Infiniti of Manhattan
Just make sure to put those power inverters back where you found them.

Only kidding. Glad you worked out the problem.