Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

If your G37 has a rough downshift between third & second gear. . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:32 PM
the rever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not certain. However, if you ask for all of the latest software, you'll get everything. But I wouldn't hesitate to ask about both issues. The more certainty you can gain through questions you ask, the better off you are. Questions left unasked leave you wondering.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:30 PM
amarcusg37

I have this problem to, can you please tell me the tsb and what specific software update I will need to ask the dealer about ?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 PM
the rever

Originally Posted by amarcusg37
I have this problem to, can you please tell me the tsb and what specific software update I will need to ask the dealer about ?
It's all on the previous page. Take a look there and you'll find what you need.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM
G37xS

Originally Posted by the rever
It's all on the previous page. Take a look there and you'll find what you need.

What previous page? He was asking for the TSB number (I also asked for that TSB number) but no direct answer was given. You only mentioned that it will be TSB'ed. So as far as I'm concerned, this is still hearsay.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 PM
brynomon

About two hours ago I dropped my car off at Fields Infiniti in Glencoe. I discussed the transmission problems with the service associate and we had a good talk. It was pretty simple. I explained about the downshifting, that many people are experiencing problems,and there are new software updates from what I was reading on the internet to the rep. Additionally I told him that from what I know there is not a TSB yet.

He explained that they will check all software revisions, update as necessary , and make sure that there is not a true mechanical defect. We shall see what they say tomorrow and if they update it... How she drives by thursday or sooner.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:45 AM
G37beijing

Hi "The Rever", do you know the date when your car was manufactured as shown on the metal plate in the engine bay area?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 PM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
talked to my local Infiniti manager..and indicated that There are no ITBs on this problem.
so i am wondering whats really going on?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:30 PM
brynomon

All,

I just got off the phone with my service rep. He told me that they looked into this problem and checked around for any updates and even spoke to the regional. According to them there are no software updates right now. I directed him to this site and he said that they will continue to look into this. Bummer.

So where is this update and what was really done to this car or...

Is OP talking out there ars? Perhaps he suddenly has a 2008 tranny (probably not possible but sounded funny)? Very bizarre.

C'est la vie!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
the rever

Originally Posted by G37beijing
Hi "The Rever", do you know the date when your car was manufactured as shown on the metal plate in the engine bay area?
If you will tell me where that plate is located in the engine bay, I will have a look see.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:23 PM
the rever

I can only tell you what I have been told by the regional service rep who diagnosed the car and made the update, and the Infiniti Corporate rep with whom I have been talking quite a bit. Both told me about the updates I mentioned on the first page of this thread.

I know it isn't satisfying, since some are being denied the benefit, but it's what I have.

I now offer everyone's favorite word: patience.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM
brynomon

Rever do you by chance have any rep names you could pm me?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can only tell you what I have been told by the regional service rep who diagnosed the car and made the update, and the Infiniti Corporate rep with whom I have been talking quite a bit. Both told me about the updates I mentioned on the first page of this thread.

I know it isn't satisfying, since some are being denied the benefit, but it's what I have.

I now offer everyone's favorite word: patience.
actually if i could get a name or number...so i can have my local Infiniti Dealer Manager speak to him/them so we can get this sorted out....i would appericiate it....
Old 04-28-2009, 07:24 PM
brynomon

Originally Posted by g37mobbin
actually if i could get a name or number...so i can have my local Infiniti Dealer Manager speak to him/them so we can get this sorted out....i would appericiate it....

Exactomundo... Even if I can't get a number names would be helpful. Its funny driving a loaner with the same problem as my own...
Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Riley
Registered Member

Hi Guys - I think it's clear (as can be seen by a number of these threads on new updates) that until there's a real TSB published by Infiniti, the dealers have trouble dealing with these early fixes. This happen on with the guys in Calgary Canada as well that had an early fix but nobody could get their hands on it.

Just hang on a bit and in a month or so Infiniti will publish the TSB for the all the dealers and it will all be sorted out.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 PM
G37beijing

If you will tell me where that plate is located in the engine bay, I will have a look see.

If you pop the hood, look to the left side. There should be a whittish metal plate indicating engine number, date made, etc. Attached is an image from my car.
Attached Thumbnails If your G37 has a rough downshift between third & second gear. . .-g37id_plate.jpg  

Quick Reply: If your G37 has a rough downshift between third & second gear. . .