Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Test pipes???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:06 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL naw the shops I know are certified dealers for Greddy, Tanabe, and etc etc etc...
Old 04-14-2009, 03:19 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
Wow if your gonna talk about being "green" go buy a damn Hybrid, you shouldn't be driving a G37 if your worried about CO2 emissions. Sheesh...
+1 sorry for not being green, let's not get personal. It's a choice, just like smoking, you can't understand it until you do it
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 PM
SilverBullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even with test pipes, I don't think your emissions will be any worse than a Hummer H2. Haha
Old 04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

I wasn't speaking to you Mr.McGangBang
Old 04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
I wasn't speaking to you Mr.McGangBang
i was agreeing with you...mmm mcgangbang *drool*
Old 04-14-2009, 04:12 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think if one was worried about going Green they shouldnt have bought a Gas Guzzler like the G37... maybe opted for a motorcycle or moped...

I agree with others, HFCs over Test Pipes because the 2-3 hp you will gain will mean nothing to you in the long run....
Old 04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

why half @ss it with HFC go full test pipes they are both illegal at least with test pipes more hp and less weight and cheaper too
Old 04-14-2009, 04:50 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
well i guess if you live in california, test pipes + hfc is illegal, but HFC is legal everywhere else in the US... i think. go test pipe if you are planning on going f/i
Old 04-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Exclamation

Why not just steal something like a Corvette ZR1 off the lot, if you have no misgivings about illegality and your only ambition in life is to have the fastest car out there? Until you get caught you could beat any G37 on the road. The car is even legal in stock form.

If you do, please post some pix while you still have time.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
It’s really difficult for me to answer a post like yours without getting personal, so I will only say that it scares me that your attitude may be shared by others. To disregard the public welfare solely to allow your car, already a top performer, to illegally go even faster is a chilling and egocentric mindset that I will never understand.
Think about how much CO2 is released by a jumbo jet from NY to LA,the CO2 released by test pipes is microscopic broski...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
krayzrac3r

Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by VIP G
Think about how much CO2 is released by a jumbo jet from NY to LA,the CO2 released by test pipes is microscopic broski...
Pointing out one bad thing to justify another is a specious argument. Besides, those jets are flying legally. However, why not add all the CO2 and other noxious fumes extruded from all the active test pipes now operating in cars from NY to LA and compare that to the jet exhaust?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Since when is everyone so environmental friendly? I am sure my friend, that everything you use in daily life contributes to global warming. So using the argument of "test pipes" as something illegal and ruining our O3 layer is weak, if your so considered with the air quality, than I suggest you stop using a computer, refrigerator, hair dryer, or any house hold appliance than emitts CO2 gas.

And for the record, I spent two years as co-president of an environmental group while I was attending a local CC.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:18 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think Chekov's point is to not break the environmental laws. You can't argue against that by saying "well since test pipe is pretty weak in emission, it's ok to have it, even if it breaks the rules"
Old 04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
SilverRSXJezus

Originally Posted by Chekov
Pointing out one bad thing to justify another is a specious argument. Besides, those jets are flying legally. However, why not add all the CO2 and other noxious fumes extruded from all the active test pipes now operating in cars from NY to LA and compare that to the jet exhaust?

Just a few points before I jump into my main point...

I'm a big green advocate and the attitude of "polluting just a little bit when compared to x or y is fine by me" is a dangerous mindset as a collective.

That said, I just want to point out the fact that the stance you take is arbitrarily made convenient for your level of lifestyle. Yes, while you may be driving with a catalytic converter on your G37,you will have less harmful emissions than those with test pipes, you're still putting out a lot more than a Prius or say, a bike.

So....point is, what steps have YOU taken to minimize your carbon footprint? Until you've approached the point where you're living like Bill Nye The Science Guy with solar panels on the roof, solar water heating, wind turbines, minimal electrical consumption, no car transportation lifestyle, you're still a bit of an adversary to the environment as well.

Quick Reply: Test pipes???