Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Tuning the G37

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM
G_Thang

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Screw a Cobb Custom tune, I rather have my tuner tune it than the people at Cobb, I'm sure he's better for VQs

Under what criteria are you making that ASSUMPTION? I need to know some facts before I believe some kind of factless statement like that. Cobb is well qualified to tune or else they wouldnt be where they are.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G_Thang
Under what criteria are you making that ASSUMPTION? I need to know some facts before I believe some kind of factless statement like that. Cobb is well qualified to tune or else they wouldnt be where they are.
I think you need to use the search feature and see how "well" Cobb has done with the g37
Old 04-14-2009, 08:41 PM
G_Thang

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
I think you need to use the search feature and see how "well" Cobb has done with the g37

Tuning and controls are two different things. I agree their controls needs work.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bump there's only 3 certified tuners in the US that has the full software which enables you to custom-tune your car. California, Texas, and Oregan are the only 3 places in the US right now that has the ability to custom tune our cars. All the other certified cobb tuners don't have the fully functional software yet.

Until Cobb releases their pro software, those are your only three options. Last thing you could do is an E-Tune where you datalog your car then send it over to Cobb to do a custom-tune via email. You'll probably get some gains, but not as much if you sat there dynotuning the car.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:40 PM
fireboy

^^^ well sorry you are wrong but there is another shop that has the ability to do a custom tune on our car but i am not going to mention them because well they cant tune cars but they have alot of money to waste...
Old 04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Staples

Originally Posted by fireboy
^^^ well sorry you are wrong but there is another shop that has the ability to do a custom tune on our car but i am not going to mention them because well they cant tune cars but they have alot of money to waste...
I am talking specifically about the cobb accessport, not the other standalone units out there.

Cobb even stated their facility in California, Texas and their affiliate Surgeline Tuning only have the software to allow custom tuning.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:48 PM
fireboy

^^^ i understand i am talking about a shop that has purchased the actual software to do what cobb and uprev do. but are to lazy to learn how to perect it..let alonde know how to use it.. and they have ahd it for about a year....
Old 04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Staples

Originally Posted by fireboy
^^^ i understand i am talking about a shop that has purchased the actual software to do what cobb and uprev do. but are to lazy to learn how to perect it..let alonde know how to use it.. and they have ahd it for about a year....
Give me a hint, did this specific shop install anything major in your car?

I'd assume this shop is local to me too.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:54 PM
fireboy

Originally Posted by staples
give me a hint, did this specific shop install anything major in your car?

I'd assume this shop is local to me too.