Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Dynojet Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:35 PM
dpjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynojet Questions

I'm getting ready to install my new exhaust and CAI this weekend so I went to get some baseline runs done today. I totally forgot to talk to the guy about Correction and Smoothing. What is the difference between Std and SAE correction. Same for smoothing levels from 0 to 5?

Apparently mine was done with Standard correction and a smoothing level of 0.

My numbers were 281.27HP and 236.23 ft/lbs

I only have 2000 miles on the car so I'm hoping the numbers will increase a little as it loosens up too.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is best to have the baseline and all the runs done on the same day so they're performed under same conditions. Can you do 3 more baselines right before the installs on the same day?

STD will give higher reading than SAE. I think your Dynojec operator will take care of it.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:44 PM
dpjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
It is best to have the baseline and all the runs done on the same day so they're performed under same conditions. Can you do 3 more baselines right before the installs on the same day?

STD will give higher reading than SAE. I think your Dynojec operator will take care of it.
Don't think I will be able to do all that in a single day....dyno...installs, dyno again, etc....I will use the same shop and hopefully the weather conditions will be similar.

Any idea on how much lower they will be with SAE? Also, is that just a setting used for the curve plot and max numbers? In other words, is the run still good and they can just change a setting and reprint the curve, or do they have to put the car on the dyno again?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The correction factor can change how 1 curve compares to another. But that's why it's all the more important to do everything back to back on the same day to eliminate the correction factor headache and any inaccuracy from that.

I think the "how much" answer varies at different RPM. From what I know, SAE power output is roughly 1 point higher then uncorrected values, and STD is about 1-2 points higher than SAE output. The difference can be larger as the RPM increases.

I say just use your new dyno on the intake and exhaust as a reference, not really a comparison against stock.