Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

What is this....the 5th CEL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
id be pushing for lemon law bro. get yo'self a new one!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I was reading the Lemon Laws, and the only working against me is 22k miles in just under a year. So they have some factor to adjust for mileage, which would hurt my bottom line replacement or refund. If this is an option you might see me rolling a G37 Sedan in MW, soon though.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Graham
Well I was reading the Lemon Laws, and the only working against me is 22k miles in just under a year. So they have some factor to adjust for mileage, which would hurt my bottom line replacement or refund. If this is an option you might see me rolling a G37 Sedan in MW, soon though.
I'm curious to see how the refund works. Is it a full refund from the original purchase date or a kelly blue book worth of the car presently?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:43 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
is your car leased?

i dont think they just give you a refund, i think they give you what you paid towards your car already towards a brand new one.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that sucks. 5th time happening means something is wrong. Hope you get it fixed or the lemon law works out. Good Luck!
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ That's what I heard too. Re-imburse you for the value of the car and for the amount of payments you've made.

Which is why they don't like doing Lemon Law stuff.
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by STOOF
is your car leased?

i dont think they just give you a refund, i think they give you what you paid towards your car already towards a brand new one.
Even if that's the case, he could probably get a brand new sedan and not have to be spend a dime. That doesn't sound half bad if everything goes right.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by STOOF
is your car leased?

Yeah, I don't expect to be paid 40k on a leased car which I've only paid about 8-10k into it. I'd either get refunded the money I've invested or trade back.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Staples
Even if that's the case, he could probably get a brand new sedan and not have to be spend a dime. That doesn't sound half bad if everything goes right.
Finger are crossed somewhat, would love to get a new car, but I am pretty fond of my current ride. We've had time to bond.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:17 PM
G_Thang

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Might be your pressure sensor in the tank, because that is what senses how much pressure is built up in there when filling up. Usually once it reaches a certain amount of pressure, it clicks the pump off to prevent from over-filling the tank.
WHAT!!!!! Did you just make that up or what???
The gas pump knows when to shut off due to a venturi effect. A hole in the end of the nozzle is connected to a linkage inside the handle. When the hole is covered it trips the linkage and stops pumping. The pressure sensor in the tank is only used in the EVAP process and Im not sure if our cars are equipped with Evaporative emissions system.

I would be asking if our cars are equipped with EVAP system. Its evaporative emissions system which is just a way to lessen the evaporative effect of fuel in the tank. I still cant think how 87 Octane could affect the system enough to cause a CEL. Its worth asking tho.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Graham
Premier Member

So just got a call back from the Lemon Law Attorney, I'm going to be faxing in my service records, and warranty repair history. He says that I probably have a solid case, they work on contigency, so they don't get paid unless I do. He said if you don't have a solid enough case, I'm border line, and he'll advise me as to what needs to happen before they'd have a good enough case to present. Hold on to your ******* Infiniti, I'm about to give you a major titty twister.

We'll see guys, maybe a new car or a nice refund coming my way.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:24 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Welcome to Nissan.. Those problems you describe are nothing new .. You probably will not get a buy back for your car . More like a cash settlement of a couple grand for your inconvenience and a fix for your car .. Good luck !!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Welcome to Nissan.. Those problems you describe are nothing new .. You probably will not get a buy back for your car . More like a cash settlement of a couple grand for your inconvenience and a fix for your car .. Good luck !!
Glad I was redirected back to my old thread to say to you NeverBoneStock, "I was right, you were wrong." No hard feelings though.