Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hello G37 Members, I am Robert from Status Elite and please allow me to describ

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello G37 Members, I am Robert from Status Elite and please allow me to describ

Hello G37 Members,
I am Robert from Status Elite and please allow me to describe our “Dry Carbon” process and what it involves.
Every carbon fiber product we produce is “Dry Carbon.” We utilize the highest quality materials and manufacturing process available in the industry. Our manufacturing process is similar to those of aerospace, aviation, military, motorsports, and Formula 1.
Every composite part starts with the mold and is the most expensive part of producing a product. A quality mold reflects high quality part. At Status Elite we hand craft our molds with high grade epoxy and carbon fiber.
“Dry Carbon” the name has nothing to do with the look and finish of the piece, but it has everything to do with how it’s made. “Dry Carbon” (aka Pre-Preg) is Carbon Fiber pre-impregnated with frozen resin. We utilize a special type of high grade epoxy in our pre-impregnated fibers so that the resin can provide continuous service about 350 degrees. Once vacuumed pressure and heat is induced the resin flows evenly providing the same consistency for every piece.
At Status Elite we vacuum bag and AUTOCLAVE every part we produce. The advantage of autoclaving is the constant high pressure and high temp cure which enables the part to achieve high durability and strength. Under applied pressure the “Dry Carbon” (aka Pre-Preg) is able to fuse tightly together. Applied pressure allows excess resin to be removed, which translates to light weight.
Here is an example of Status Elite Dry Carbon Products

*Keep in mind that we do not spray any secondary type of clear coat on our products. Clear coat adds weight and thickness which is not what we want in Dry Carbon. Also clear coat yellows and delaminate over time.
*Status Elite Carbon we are able to achieve the reflective shine and mirror finish is by utilizing our mold making technology. Our parts come out of the mold just like how you will receive it.
*People mentioned the problem with HAZE. Let me clarify that a little bit. On high grade dry carbon products the light hint of haze is natural. Status Elite Dry Carbon are able to achieve a mirror shine is only achieved utilizing our mold making technology. The mirror shine in Dry Carbon products is a technology not many company can achieve and very expensive. Many of you probably heard of the company ZELE Performance as they are a premier Japanese Tuning Company with high quality products. I would like to show you an example of ZELE Performance’s Dry Carbon Products. Please click on the picture in the following link to see the type of finish of a normal Dry Carbon Products
http://www.nengun.com/zele-performan...n-engine-cover
* Some scratches are inevitable on a new mirror finished products. Again members should keep in mind that we do not spray any clear coat on our products to cover up blemishes to offer a make shine.
I am here tell help people have better understand of Dry Carbon Fiber VS. Wet laid/overlay Carbon fiber. I hope I was able to answer some of your questions about Status Elite Dry Carbon Fiber. If you have questioned regarding our product or the technology we utilizes. Please pm me or email me directly at Robert@status-elite.com

Thank you and have a great day,
Robert @ Status Elite
Old 03-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Budakai

How much does the whole set up in the pickture cost. Thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Retail price is $1926. Messege Lou @ Amplified to see what he can hook you up with!

Kevin
Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Grider819

Best looking carbon fiber I have seen in the market!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:52 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Make some body parts!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
This appears to be very high quality CF... Dry Carbon is the way to go.

Thanks for the explantion, SE.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I want the engine cover nao!!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
This appears to be very high quality CF... Dry Carbon is the way to go.

Thanks for the explantion, SE.
This picture doesen't justify how high quality these products are. Aside from being asthetically pleasing to those who know carbon products, they are actually very light weight. You save some weight replacing the oem engine cover and radiator shroud.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You bastards! I want mine now now now!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Saw these first hand and can say their quality is second to none on these CF products
Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Shiiet it was nice showing with you Robert at HIN last weekend!!! Wanna race? Your Corvette vs my G foo! LOL jk jk Your Corvette sounded Evil, made my G sound like a weenie hahaha. And yes these Intakes are BADASSSS, they are one of the loudest intakes In My Opinion so far for the G37, glad they came out!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:55 PM
amarcusg37

wow, looks amazing. How much for just the engine cover ?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 PM
elite

Looks good.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

BUMP for a high quality product.